Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-14-2008, 12:14 AM   #261
thunderex
Kneedragger

Moto: 2004 Aprilia Tuono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I also had a great Heisenberg joke, but the punchline keeps changing when I try to tell it.
Tell us both of the punchlines and we'll figure out which one applies.
thunderex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:39 AM   #262
excessa
Trailer Queen

Moto: yz250

I just lashed out at Moira because she was the first person who provoked me, actually. sorry. I'm upset, by all of this.

I think it's shady to run someone's business down to drum up your own, that won't change. if you can't stand on your own merit, then you need to bring up your game instead of taking someone elses down. if that's not what's happening, then...you know, whatever. people are lying.

we can dislike each other from a comfortable distance and I'll be fine with that. I'm not competing with you for anything and don't need to tear you down to build myself up either. I was just already frustrated, and discourteous.

you can trust who you want, it's a free country, I've probably spent less time talking about you behind your back than the other way around. I don't know you and haven't wasted much time forming an opinion, other than what I've seen of you online.

Most people who run others down are not comfortable in their own skin. They need to detract from someone, like it adds something to themselves. I don't like people like that, in business or socially, and in general am not like that. I'm just in a shitty mood.
excessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:55 AM   #263
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by excessa View Post
I just lashed out at Moira because she was the first person who provoked me, actually. sorry. I'm upset, by all of this.

I think it's shady to run someone's business down to drum up your own, that won't change. if you can't stand on your own merit, then you need to bring up your game instead of taking someone elses down. if that's not what's happening, then...you know, whatever. people are lying.

we can dislike each other from a comfortable distance and I'll be fine with that. I'm not competing with you for anything and don't need to tear you down to build myself up either. I was just already frustrated, and discourteous.

you can trust who you want, it's a free country, I've probably spent less time talking about you behind your back than the other way around. I don't know you and haven't wasted much time forming an opinion, other than what I've seen of you online.

Most people who run others down are not comfortable in their own skin. They need to detract from someone, like it adds something to themselves. I don't like people like that, in business or socially, and in general am not like that. I'm just in a shitty mood.
unless your talking about prior experience... people are lying to you.

Zoom had nothing to gain by inviting you all here... she was a member here before... as well as there... so it's not as though she "gained" any customers for Elite Track Days...

I've known Trip for what... 3 years now... almost 4... and we both share a mindset on this forum and our old home Twowheelforum.com it was our home... where we went to shoot the shit about motorcycles with good people... we created a good set of friends there and it became just as real as meeting at the bar is for some. VS came in and ruined that... changed the layout and rules in our "bar". we didn't take kindly to that.. and when they told us nothing would change and they'd fix bugs... and us believe them... then they didn't... it was enough...

This forum was created as a HOME... not a buisness... this is our Bar... just owned by one of the regulars. we'd love to have this forum grow, because we'd like to meet more like minded people... but it's not for everyone... and we don't NEED to grow.

I honestly consider a large group of the TWFix original members my good friends and would do just about anything for them. That's the type of atmosphere we want here... you can't get that if the forum is a buisness.

I hope you stick around... you just seem a bit confused right now... with people talking in both ears... though you have no reason to believe me... I hope you'll stick around long enough to see what we're really about.

oh... you don't have to like everyone here either... just me
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:08 AM   #264
excessa
Trailer Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
unless your talking about prior experience... people are lying to you.

Zoom had nothing to gain by inviting you all here... she was a member here before... as well as there... so it's not as though she "gained" any customers for Elite Track Days...

I've known Trip for what... 3 years now... almost 4... and we both share a mindset on this forum and our old home Twowheelforum.com it was our home... where we went to shoot the shit about motorcycles with good people... we created a good set of friends there and it became just as real as meeting at the bar is for some. VS came in and ruined that... changed the layout and rules in our "bar". we didn't take kindly to that.. and when they told us nothing would change and they'd fix bugs... and us believe them... then they didn't... it was enough...

This forum was created as a HOME... not a buisness... this is our Bar... just owned by one of the regulars. we'd love to have this forum grow, because we'd like to meet more like minded people... but it's not for everyone... and we don't NEED to grow.

I honestly consider a large group of the TWFix original members my good friends and would do just about anything for them. That's the type of atmosphere we want here... you can't get that if the forum is a buisness.

I hope you stick around... you just seem a bit confused right now... with people talking in both ears... though you have no reason to believe me... I hope you'll stick around long enough to see what we're really about.

oh... you don't have to like everyone here either... just me
Yeah, I've had a prior experience that cemented my opinion about people running weak game and their mouths, not here, not these people.

I may may have been gently herded in the direction of thinking the same thing was happening here.

mostly I'm all pissy about the fact that the whole VS, exodus thing is happening
Old 11-14-2008, 01:09 AM   #265
excessa
Trailer Queen

And thanks for the welcome I do apprciate it, I just have intermittent manners right now.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:11 AM   #266
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by excessa View Post
And thanks for the welcome I do apprciate it, I just have intermittent manners right now.
ehh your good... we all have our days
Old 11-14-2008, 01:56 AM   #267
thunderex
Kneedragger

Moto: 2004 Aprilia Tuono

Honestly Becca, I didn't even know what business Moira was running. Her business is so localized and also niche-y that I can't see that it would ever be a decent return on investment to use this forum as a sales outlet. It's a inter/national forum. I grew up in Texas and went to college in Austin and the chance of me doing a track day in Texas is about nil to nil-point-one percent since I don't have any bikes there and I rarely even visit there. If someone is telling you that her motivation for telling people about this place then I don't know what to say. It's simply illogical really. She be better off starting her own local board or trying to sell through that. There are only 5-7 regular posters on the CF Grandstands that are even within a reasonable distance to Moira to participate in her track days.
thunderex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:18 AM   #268
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

I think the whole VS fiasco is frustrating for everyone and we are getting settled. Many folks vented their frustrations on CF and some of it is seeping over here too. People just need to get it out of their system, especial when there seems to be some un-answered Q's

I forget who it was, a TWF'er said just give everyone a little time to get adjusted over here.

I think it's great there is a new home welcoming CF refugees. I hope more find there way over here. Thank you to all the regular TWF'ers for being patient during the transition period.

MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:21 AM   #269
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHell View Post
I think the whole VS fiasco is frustrating for everyone and we are getting settled. Many folks vented their frustrations on CF and some of it is seeping over here too. People just need to get it out of their system, especial when there seems to be some un-answered Q's

I forget who it was, a TWF'er said just give everyone a little time to get adjusted over here.

I think it's great there is a new home welcoming CF refugees. I hope more find there way over here. Thank you to all the regular TWF'ers for being patient during the transition period.

Think it was Trip

Yeah by all means... VENT... it's all useless stress... and as time will show... you'll all move on.

Glad you have ya all here...
Old 11-14-2008, 02:31 AM   #270
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

I'm not abandoning CF, but I'm kinda liking things here.
I feel no particular need to stir or fling poo in either location.
But that's just me... I have too many forums that I read regularly to put that much of my life into any one of them.