Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #221
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Organic and clean is a great start! And cutting down or out processed foods.

I just bought myself a bicycle today and some swim stuff (learning how to swim). Maybe there is a super short triathalon in my future. We should pick a destination race and do it together!

And I am sure when I am old, I am going to be an scary old lady with the bones jutting out
Puhlease, you'll be that adorable lile grandma with the pinchable cheeks, while I'm the old hag hitting children with my cane!

And definitely, I'd love to meet up and do an event with you! Are you still running at all? I havent seriously considered a tri, but some friends have been trying to lean me in that direction. I can swim, but probably not efficiently, and I have a crappy bike, but nothing race worthy.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #222
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Puhlease, you'll be that adorable lile grandma with the pinchable cheeks, while I'm the old hag hitting children with my cane!

And definitely, I'd love to meet up and do an event with you! Are you still running at all? I havent seriously considered a tri, but some friends have been trying to lean me in that direction. I can swim, but probably not efficiently, and I have a crappy bike, but nothing race worthy.
Short distance triathlons are nothing to be afraid of. And you don't need some fancy $10,000 carbon tri bike to do it, just something that is in good shape and won't break on you. Just practice your open water swim, much different than the pool at your gym. Then do brick training. Your legs will react differently coming off of a bike and starting to run, than when you just go out to run. Different muscles will be activated and blood will be in the wrong place. The bricks get your body used to that transition/feeling. All of you fit skinny girls should have no problem with a sprint distance triathlon....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:15 AM   #223
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Whats brick training?

I can probably do a sprint distance but will really have to train for it. I haven't ran in a while just because its really hard mentally for me to run on the treadmill and its been too hot to run outside. I bought a entry level hybrid bike for $200 at sams club so I'll probably have to push a little harder than someone with a $3k bike. As for the swimming, I will really have to work on that!

Nearby, there there was a biathalon and it was lap swim at the pool and running probably a 5k so that would be double for me rather than open swim in the near future. I am sure i will be way more motivated to train if I had an event to train for. So Rae, pick a city/state and we can do one there!
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #224
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

I googled it. Bike, followed by a run. B(ike) R(un) ICK(because it sucks).
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #225
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
Yeah... that's an accurate description...
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #226
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
Kinda like box jumps after wall balls. I made one attempt this morning, and almost face-planted on the other side of the (20") box. Haha, step-ups it is...

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #227
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I just bought myself a bicycle today and some swim stuff (learning how to swim).
No offense intended but, it just struck me as funny that one named "Tsunami" is learning how to swim!

Carry on!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #228
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Old 08-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #229
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
No offense intended but, it just struck me as funny that one named "Tsunami" is learning how to swim!

Carry on!
And I'm a Pisces

I learned a long time ago when I was a kid (like 8 years old), but never had a real place to practice growing up in the city. I love the water though and I love playing in the water so I'm not afraid of it. Its just I have really bad technique so if I don't have a life jacket or if I can't stand up and have my face above water, I would drown.

So I'm starting from scratch again and relearning how to do everything properly, Learning from a friend who was the aquatics director at the YMCA. So its kickboard, then pull buoy and arms and legs together and then focusing on breathing in lesson 1. Went to gym today and practiced and it went pretty well, Still have to work on breathing though but not bad for practice 1 after lesson 1.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #230
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Umm I can't even tell what I am looking at here... is that a saggy ass or 2 penis heads??