Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-13-2008, 12:42 AM   #211
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps View Post
the "editing old posts" thread
Pauldun deleted that himself.

ETA: How appropriate that "fasternyou" beat me to an explanation!!
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:47 AM   #212
snaps
Crazy like a fox...

Moto: 05 R6

ok, thanks for clarifying. I just wanted a simple answer to the case-by-case basis question, which Stew didn't seem to want to give.
snaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:47 AM   #213
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Aargh! I just typed out a well thought out reply to a post over there and lo and behold, the thread gets deleted.

sorry snaps...
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:48 AM   #214
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Nice, you got the real tour of the world. I regret not getting to hit up any of the bases in the Pacific. I've got stories, but they're kinda run of the mill. First year we were in Ramstein was the big air show disaster of Flugplatz '88. Got to see that from a safe distance. The Berlin Wall fell in that time as well, so I've got my pieces of the wall. Watched the Air Force test the B-2 and C-17 before they made it into production. Otherwise, nothing half as exciting as you or your father. Sounds like the kinda stories that kick ass.

I guess...I would have liked to have been there when the wall came down,tho'...

Yea,my Dad would get drunk and spin a fucking yarn for sure!

I'm sure Ebbs would be happy to fill you in on Pacific bases.... 20 years ago it sucked,I don't know about now...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:48 AM   #215
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
sorry snaps...
Why did you delete it?

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:49 AM   #216
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
ok, thanks for clarifying. I just wanted a simple answer to the case-by-case basis question, which Stew didn't seem to want to give.
This is what I sent via PM to Admin, TDAH, Method,SprintST
Quote:
If there are individual posts that need to be edited will there be a process in place to have those attachments removed if requested? If I can identify individual posts and request that they be modified will this request be given consideration?
Old 11-13-2008, 01:04 AM   #217
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Why did you delete it?

James
It was a serious question that many CF'ers should have paid some attention too and it turned stupid.

Between members posting up the good photos of their wives, to admissions of affairs, to defense contractors talking about their drug use to basically kids posting up stuff that they will want to rethink when they are applying for a job in the real world and may want to clean stuff up.

Instead of having the admins focus on the stupidity I went to PM's and deleted the thread. Personally, I don't have much on the site that I really care about. I didn't post any photos I regret or post up stuff I want to delete. There is an issue of copyrighted material in about a bazillion of my posts and a few attachments that are copyrighted material.

No longer my problem.

It was a matter of principle. It was a "checking the waters" to see if the new chiefs gave a damn about the community or "the product".
Old 11-13-2008, 01:21 AM   #218
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
It was a serious question that many CF'ers should have paid some attention too and it turned stupid.

Between members posting up the good photos of their wives, to admissions of affairs, to defense contractors talking about their drug use to basically kids posting up stuff that they will want to rethink when they are applying for a job in the real world and may want to clean stuff up.

Instead of having the admins focus on the stupidity I went to PM's and deleted the thread. Personally, I don't have much on the site that I really care about. I didn't post any photos I regret or post up stuff I want to delete. There is an issue of copyrighted material in about a bazillion of my posts and a few attachments that are copyrighted material.

No longer my problem.

It was a matter of principle. It was a "checking the waters" to see if the new chiefs gave a damn about the community or "the product".

I didn't respond in the thread but I was watching it. I haven't said much at all in any thread about the selling of the forum.

I agree that its wrong that an option was taken away from people without notice. I think it was a bad move.

I have posted many things about me and things that I have done. I have posted half naked pictures of me. I even put up pictures of my wife before the site switched hands. I know when I post something that people can copy it so I don't post anything I would be worried about. I'm on so many forums that I would go nuts if I decided to remove something.

I'm willing to bet that CF is now a product to them.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:45 AM   #219
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:

No longer my problem.

"Fair use" generally makes that a non issue, when the original source attribution and link are provided, and it isn't used for commercial purpose.

Some of us posted our own intellectual property though and want assurances that it it won't be unlawfully used for commercial purpose, or want it removed. For my part, I'm fine with it staying up. Not that I've been given a choice though, as VS has removed the ability to delete my attached images. This is a unilateral change to an implied contract. Despite what one of the mods posted in a thread (that I can't seem to find now, for some strange reason), I haven't contracted with CF for ownership of any of my images.

As VS is headquartered in Toronto and I work in Toronto, it wouldn't be much of a hardship to hand deliver a cease and desist, if I found it necessary.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:50 AM   #220
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

then go hand deliver them a flaming bag of poo
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote