pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
White people problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #214
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
What do you mean?
Your quote, is that about you and your HHR SS?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:10 PM   #215
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Your quote, is that about you and your HHR SS?
Yes... my HHR SS. The quote was a copy from another forum but cut down some.

Took out the quotes for ya

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #216
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Well not that any of you care... but here's the reasoning in this thread... As suspected it was due to a lemon lawsuit.

Over the first 11 months of ownership my SS had been in & out of the shop for everything from a blown motor at 3k, twice for a bouncy speedo, 3 times for A/C, and finally the sudden loss of turbo psi (down to 5-6$#) in 1st gear... all adding up to 4 months of the 10. We were on nearly a 50/50 split. In the last month of it being in the shop I opened up a GM Customer service claim. I wanted them to aid the dealer in fixing the boost problem, and wanted (at the time) 4 months of payments, plus $750 for the GM stage 1 kit if they didn't fix the boost issue. Fix it or not, I wanted 4 months ($1650). During the process I tried to get my dealers' sales managers to help push GM to "make good" on the car, that if GM "screws the pooch" on this one I'll never buy another GM and the sales at the dealer will be the first to be effected. They said that is part of the service manager & GM, and they couldn't do anything besides offer me a trade in of my SS. I was PISSED, so when I got home I called the lemon lawyer off my google search. They were great and with a day of review they wanted my case BAD. I waited, to see what GM was going to do, and told the lawyers that. GM said the car is functioning properly and so is the stage 1 kit, there is nothing wrong with it, they don't know why it boosted full psi in all gears before (suppose to be limited in 1st gear to extend drivetrain life), therefor no compensation considered for the stage 1 kit, and they offered me 1/singular/uno payment.

By this time I had already got the car back and took it in for the 2nd time for the bouncy speedo and it was still in the shop during this call from GM. I told them, it's BS on the stage 1, there has been no explanation on why my car out performed before or why it got turned down now, further, I now wanted 5 payments because we crested over to 4.5 months of 11. They said their 1 payment offer was their final offer. I told him it was their ONLY offer and it's crap. I grabed the papers from the lawyer, signed and sent them in. F GM and their cars. After this I basically parked the car, I didn't want anything to happen to it that would jeopardize my case, further I didn't trust it.

2 months later, I surrendered my car to the same dealer, told my service writter (great guy) that I keep my word that I gave him a few months back. I told them if GM didn't "make good" on it, I wouldn't own it for long. I'm a man of my word, it is my bond. GM had to pay off my lien, pay me all my payments, minus a miles use fee, and pay my lawyers. I was able to get my GAP insurance & wheel/tire protection money back. The car cost me insurance and about $300 for the 14months of "ownership". They bought a now 14 month old car with 10,XXX miles, that was only $25k new, for $30k. Not to mention all the money in service they put into it.

I'm done with GM, never again, will I buy another one of their products.
So...you modified it and the motor blew up? But the modification was done at the dealer?

What was wrong with the A/C? Sounds like the dealer didn't know wtf they were doing...as with the speedometer moving around.

Personally, I"m done with other makes. I'm only going to buy GM from now on.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:41 PM   #217
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

So wait......You had the Stage 1 installed, and it wasn't limiting boost in 1st like it was supposed to........And then sometime later it did (how long?)

Sounds like GM's legal team was shitty, or just didn't bother trying. Because if you KNEW when you bought the kit that the boost SHOULD be limited, then how can you complain when it does? You got a BONUS of a few months worth of full boost, and now you're complaining because it finally started limiting boost like you EXPECTED it to from the beginning.

At least that's my 2 cents, from a devils advocate
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:01 AM   #218
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
So...you modified it and the motor blew up? But the modification was done at the dealer?

What was wrong with the A/C? Sounds like the dealer didn't know wtf they were doing...as with the speedometer moving around.

Personally, I"m done with other makes. I'm only going to buy GM from now on.
The stage 1 kit is a GM assc sold piece, that when installed at the dealer is warrantied under the cars powertrain warranty for 5yr/100k. The motor blew up because of an improperly installed piston. The problem was a known issue with the piston rings, they had other reported cases.

The A/C... compressor, o-ring, and I think o-ring again.

Speedo... replaced speedo sensor, then found a bad wire and/or ground.

You buying GM... ok good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
So wait......You had the Stage 1 installed, and it wasn't limiting boost in 1st like it was supposed to........And then sometime later it did (how long?)

Sounds like GM's legal team was shitty, or just didn't bother trying. Because if you KNEW when you bought the kit that the boost SHOULD be limited, then how can you complain when it does? You got a BONUS of a few months worth of full boost, and now you're complaining because it finally started limiting boost like you EXPECTED it to from the beginning.

At least that's my 2 cents, from a devils advocate
The boost was never limited and was never told to me that it would be limited. It didn't start limiting till the car had 9200 miles on it and on it's 2nd motor. When it decided to do this, it actually limited boost in all 5 gears at first. Then after a few key cycles (I was driving around) it came back in 2-5, but not first. The dealer even acknowledged it use to run full boost, and now it didn't.

Regardless of what all was wrong... Michigan lemon law states it only has to be in the shop for a cumlative of 30 days within the first 12 months. I had over 4.5 months.

Think about all the times you have had a car in the shop... non collision. I will gaurantee you, it has never been more than a month. Let alone the time I had mine in...

Run Amsoil Product
Old 08-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #219
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Think about all the times you have had a car in the shop... non collision. I will gaurantee you, it has never been more than a month. Let alone the time I had mine in...
I had a neon that I bought new in 99. 800 miles and 3 weeks into owning it, it put a piston through the front of the block. I get it back with a new motor just about a month later, then 2 days after that the trans locked up and the clutch and flywheel dinitegrated. I suspected that the engine was somehow installed wrong causing the trans failure. a month after that I get the car back and was able to drive it for 2 days before the trans seized on me again (at speed) breaking an axle and destroying the gears in the trans, again I suspect it was the installers fault. It took a month to get it back and the car made terrible noises after that and it wouldn't track straight. I had it for another month of which it spent most of that time in the shop trying to be fixed. Dealer offered to give me a new car but as soon as they were served with papers I got my full amount back minus mileage. in just about 5 month of ownership the car had under 1200 miles on it and I had it in my possession for less than a month.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #220
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Sounds similar...

Run Amsoil Product