Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #211
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
What was the alias that he rejoined CF under again? I can't remember...
You can't remember because everyone denied it........even though he lived in the southwest corner of Virginia just like BG, complained about not being able to find the right sized gear, rode 20-year old sport-tourers, and posted about legal/social-service topics. All he did was drop the conspiracy debates.

Last edited by Homeslice; 02-26-2010 at 01:43 PM..
Old 02-26-2010, 01:41 PM   #212
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Stereotyping is flaming.
So, if I post that old people drive slow, I'm flaming?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #213
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
All he did was drop the conspiracy debates.
And even then, not entirely!

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #214
squidward
KTM? Who makes those?

Moto: 09 KTM 450 XC-F

Quote:
Stereotyping is flaming.
That view of it is a bit too black and white if you ask me....and even if you don't.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #215
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Your flaming old people. However I am not going to moderate all flaming. I try not to draw a line in the sand as best as I can. We keep records and try to do things on a case by case basis for every user.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #216
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
No, I'm advocating a separate forum, such as the War Room, where people can debate which ever subject they wish without moderation. My comments calling for 2 day bans when someone carries a beef over into the rest of the forum as cited in a specific example provided by shmike here:
The shmike example is a good one since as I remember that kind of shit is what lead directly to religious discussions getting banned, discouraged, or whatever the official policy is. At the time there were something like 3 religious threads going and the bullshit kept on seeping out in to other areas of the forum. Again as I remember there were also a few temporary bans and they weren't particularly effective.

While I understand the desire to have completely open discussion the fact is a small portion of people aren't able to handle it like adults. Particular topics lead to a disproportionate amount of immaturity, requiring a disproportionate amount of babysitting on the part of the mods. From what I have seen religion, more than any other subject, falls in that category on this forum. It seemed to require a lot more work from Trip and the mods (good band name) to keep up with so I can see why they axed it.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #217
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
I take offense to that. I drive slow yet don't consider myself old.

Does that mean driving fast makes you young?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #218
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
I take offense to that. I drive slow yet don't consider myself old.

Does that mean driving fast makes you young?
You are using reverse logic and trying to pin it on me. Just because I said most old people drive slow doesn't mean I think most slow drivers are old.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #219
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
The shmike example is a good one since as I remember that kind of shit is what lead directly to religious discussions getting banned, discouraged, or whatever the official policy is. At the time there were something like 3 religious threads going and the bullshit kept on seeping out in to other areas of the forum. Again as I remember there were also a few temporary bans and they weren't particularly effective.

While I understand the desire to have completely open discussion the fact is a small portion of people aren't able to handle it like adults. Particular topics lead to a disproportionate amount of immaturity, requiring a disproportionate amount of babysitting on the part of the mods. From what I have seen religion, more than any other subject, falls in that category on this forum. It seemed to require a lot more work from Trip and the mods (good band name) to keep up with so I can see why they axed it.
That would be a good band name...

And yes, of course you're completely correct, some can't handle it. I just think, fuck those people, because I'm tired of having to live to the lowest common denominator. TWF is a good opportunity to break out of that.

Is TWF still a badass forum with the way they run everything now? Yes, absolutely.

Quote:
Your flaming old people. However I am not going to moderate all flaming. I try not to draw a line in the sand as best as I can. We keep records and try to do things on a case by case basis for every user.
Yea.....you know who else kept records.....

1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 02-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #220
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Account inactive fail
Closed Thread