Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 06-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #11
James
aka Reyn

Moto: General Lee Bigwheel!

You're doing better than me... every single time I've either raced at Hallett or done a track day/STAR school, I've crashed lol

Fuck that track and the bs price on Shiner in OK! lol
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #12
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
You're doing better than me... every single time I've either raced at Hallett or done a track day/STAR school, I've crashed lol

Fuck that track and the bs price on Shiner in OK! lol
It's definitely not as smooth as you would hope for. How far is it from you?
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #13
anyexcuse2ride
sickday=trackday

Moto: 06 gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I finally made it to the track today. Planning on just watching though. Went to Hallett in Jennings, OK with a group from SWMOsportbikes.com. I had them trailer my bike down with the rest of em (its about 3.5 hours away) because I needed to come back Sunday night and it was a Sunday-Monday track day and everyone was staying 2 days. So we get down there, and another guy off of the forum who wrecked his track bike 3 weeks ago on the street (hit some sneaky gravel, bike and him were both 15 feet in the air after he high sided. Bike messed up and he had a broken collarbone) was there just to watch too. We convinced him to ride my bike with leathers borrowed from another guy with a signed note saying if he went down he would pay to fix it and everything. I trust the guy and have known him for a while now so I wasn't too worried about it. He rode the first 4 sessions today before he said his shoulder and collarbone were getting too sore, and I may as well use the rest of his trackday, so I did.

I had a fucking blast. Ran decent times (mid pack in the Novice group) for my first time out. Some older guys from the group were riding before me for most of the time to give pointers and whatnot, and they all had pretty much good things to say. Good form, good lines, etc. My times in the second and third sessions were extremely consistent (2-3 second spread from my fastest lap). My knee was so close to down it wasn't even funny through one of the long sweepers.

Overall, I need to start saving money.

get a second job, and welcome, you have just drank the coolaid
anyexcuse2ride is offline   Reply With Quote