Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #11
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

I used to play but it's been almost two years since I've played, between the kids activities and motorcycling I don't find the time to get out and golf like I used to.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #12
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

I play, but I am ridiculously inconsistent. My coach in school and everyone that has watched me play says that I have an amazing swing and that if I would practice I would be pretty good. I just don't care that much I guess.

I love it though. I worked on a golf course for more than two years and it's just a great place to be on a beautiful day.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #13
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

I golf a couple times a year. Usually taking an afternoon off work early and heading out with the guys from the office. Rarely on weekends though because there's so much other stuff I enjoy more....

My usually score is about a 100 so I'm not good but I have fun enjoying a few beers on a nice day outside.
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #14
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
big tips that will always help the newbies.

Looosen your grip. i dont care, just do it, and relax your forearms. This goes especially for drives. if you do this and slow your tempo down a notch you'll see farther ball flight and straighter shots. if you're slicing try setting up and then moving your back foot back an inch or so and watch as u hit a natural draw.

Coil. You get 99% of your power from your hips and shoulder rotation. your arms are just along for the ride. Most people only go about 80% on their backswing and still use 100% on their downswing. It will feel unnatural at first to coil all the way up, like you're loosing control, but you'll come back down with muscle memory and hit the shot without chunking it, with practice.

Keep your tempo at 3:1. on your backswing cound "one, two, three" and at three bring your hips forward, followed by your shoulders. on your downswing thing just "one"... a 3 to 1 ratio has been proven to have the best effect on the golf swing. the lower the scores the more consistant the ratio. a lot of people have a slow backswing only to follow with a furious downswing (watch charles barkley swing a golf club), and this messes up their rythem. Never compensate, and never hessitate.

thanks, i've been shown a lot of that already. My hips and shoulder movement are quite good.

Im using g10's. The driver is very forgiving and has a 13 degree loft, and just driving, i've made an incredible improvement on my slice, but its still there. Of course this is hitting bulk used walmart balls beside the house. Im yet to try with a good ball on a good tee, another month before the course opens. But I might have to demo a g12 draw driver and see if that helps if I cant correct it on my own.

im decent with my 3&4 hybrids, they shoot straight. Im horrible with my 8 and 9 irons, they are all over the place. all over the place. I also need a lot of time on the putting green. Sometimes im on the green in 3 shots on a par 4, but end up shooting a 6 or 7
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #15
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I took it up for a bit, then realized I like women way too much to be gay.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #16
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

When i was 14 or 15 I played with my Grandpop...I sucked and now I can Watch it...but I HATE Playing it.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #17
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Does Wii golf count?

The only times I've ever played have all been in tournaments. The first one I won a golf bag!! Why you ask? My partner and I got the highest score!!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #18
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I took it up for a bit, then realized I like women way too much to be gay.

Theres some hot ass bitches on the golf course!
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #19
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I'm awful. I usually get out 1 or 2 times a year. Thats probly part of my problem. I just a new club for xmas. Anxious to try it out.

NtS...those seem like solid tips. I'll have to try them out.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #20
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Shame that you're now gay. Get their numbers for me.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote