Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #11
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

I make silver. Its a by product of the lead we produce, that needs to be seperated from copper, zinc, lead, and tellerium. The final product is about 99.2-99.5% pure, and is then sent to another refinery who then takes out the little bit of gold and copper thats left.

We make about 30 million dollars worth of silver a month. Casted in what we call anodes.

From start to finish, seperating it from our main product (lead), to the time its sitting in casted bars on Pallets, is a very long and dangerous process.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #12
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I sit down in a class learning things I already know from work experience. Then I don't study and ace the tests in 15 minutes.

Occasionally, get to tear a piece of equipment apart and get graded on it. But again.. I have tons of hands on experience, so I zip through it in half the time and get full marks..

That and I play cards or surf the net when the others are studying or doing homework.

Last edited by Tmall; 04-09-2009 at 12:07 PM..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #13
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

*update* Seriously considering telling these people what they can do with my job...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #14
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

I know everything there is to know about approximately $2B worth of inventory for a T1 aerospace supplier to Boeing....I rack and stack this data about every way possible....and then give summaries to the CFO and COO.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #15
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

I manage specific aspects of personnel actions (everything from evaluation reports to transfer orders) for a Brigade (about 3000 Soldiers, including the ones who are deployed). That's my job during the week..

When I deploy, though, I'll be managing convoys, convoy clearances, main and alternate supply routes (MSRs/ASRs), and coordinating supply and cargo moves for the drawdown of forces.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #16
Rider
Moto GP Star

I develop software requirements for Flight Management Computers. I also test the software when the feature is coded by the software engineer, meaning I spend a lot of time in the flight simulator. I also had a PC based flight sim on my desktop so I fly a lot during the day.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #17
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

I spend my day designing roads, water and sewer infrastructure, fielding call from pissed off property owners about why a contractor didn't fix their driveway right, writing grant applications, cost estimates, Engineering Reports, whatever needs to be done to get things done for our clients.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #18
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I spend my day designing roads, water and sewer infrastructure, fielding call from pissed off property owners about why a contractor didn't fix their driveway right, writing grant applications, cost estimates, Engineering Reports, whatever needs to be done to get things done for our clients.
Don't forget being a secretary (filing, taking messages since the bossman doesn't believe in voicemail) and watching your co-worker fall asleep at his desk.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #19
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

I manage large scale software implementations for our global clients. Mostly it breaks down to the usual PM type stuff - managing resources, project scope, timelines, best practices, etc.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #20
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I usually start my day off by spending the first hour talking to the folks that work for me. Then I spend about 15 minutes walking to get some coffee and to the bathroom. Usually I'll stop at someones office to say hi for another 15 minutes. Then I spend 30 minutes or so flipping through proffessional publications that come every day. Then I log into my computer and look through a joint email account that I manage for 5 other people. I rarely ever answer anything only if the question is elevated to me, I just make sure that everyone else is doing their part. I do that and look at cnn.com, foxnews.com and io9.com until lunch. Then after Lunch I open my own email, and go through that, check my voicemails, return some phone calls, and do whatever work that needs to be done by me, and I'm usually out the door by 5.

Thats pretty much an average day