Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #11
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

So, i'm not the only one happy to live 1200 miles away from family?
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #12
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Hopefully you'll enjoy at least a couple of days with your wife and son on vacation without all the others around.
No, this is one of the things I hate most. My mom, who I don't like, will try to take over our lives until we snap and walk out. Until then wshe'll hover over us, demand shit, not let us go anywhere on our own unless we leave Poot in her care, and drive the boy nuts from too much attention and commotion. It's exhausting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
And if it's any consolation, I'm going to miss out on the steak part.
I know you'll be shocked Tracy, but I'm actually not consoled at all. In fact I'm so amazingly not consoled it blows my mind, which is the only thing blown in my house for the last couple of months. And I won't get steak, because my wife doesn't like red meat, my dad eats at the fire house, and my mom can't eat anything too heavy on her stomach on account of the 20 or 30 pills she takes A DAY. They're not illegal drugs, just vitamins, supplements, herbal concoctions, fat burners, and prescribed pain pills, all of which are supposed to help her with the crippling effects of her "fibromyalgia." This is a bullshit, fictional disease used by hypochondriacs to justify being whiny, PITA wastes of human life while they guilt people into doing shit for them. Fuck, it's going to be a rough four days.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #13
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

If you are true in your convictions on the subject and really don't want the drama, just don't go.

Simple.

KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #14
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I can't not go. Granddad is already looking forward to seeing the boy, and I don't want to dissappoint the old guy. Plus, I already said I would go, so I have to go. And besides, it isn't my convictions that make me want to stay away from there, it's bad memories and shitty people I don't like. If dislikes pass for convictions I guess you're right, but they really don't.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #15
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
So, i'm not the only one happy to live 1200 miles away from family?

1200 miles isn't that bad - try 4600 miles...

[threadjack]

But, I'll be going tomorrow!!! it's about time, I haven't been "home" in 3 years. Besides "hosting" my moms 70th birthday, we'll be going to Prague for a few days, probably Munich, and a way cool Motorcycle museum. Plus we'll have to attend a huge party my friend organizes for me - with a bunch of peeps I haven't seen in 15-20 years.

Later folks!!!

[/threadjack]

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #16
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttle View Post
1200 miles isn't that bad - try 4600 miles...

[threadjack]

But, I'll be going tomorrow!!! it's about time, I haven't been "home" in 3 years. Besides "hosting" my moms 70th birthday, we'll be going to Prague for a few days, probably Munich, and a way cool Motorcycle museum. Plus we'll have to attend a huge party my friend organizes for me - with a bunch of peeps I haven't seen in 15-20 years.

Later folks!!!

[/threadjack]

Have fun!!

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Yea we have this in common,I despise everyone in my family as well and I don't talk to any of them either. In fact,they don't have the slightest clue where I live now. Back when I first joined the Army,my Mom had the Red Cross track me down because she had no idea where I was. If it were me,I'd get a motel,visit Gramps and blow out of there with little or no contact with the rest of those people!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #18
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

As far as I'm concerned, I only have 2 people left in my family, my younger brother and my aunt (my mom's sister). I told the rest of the family (aunts, uncles, cousins, half brother, etc) they could kiss my ass long time ago. The only one I've heard from in years is my half brother and the only reason he called was because he's in jail and wanted shit.

I'm with Tigger and everyone else. Hotel room, visit Gramps and call it a day.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #19
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I'm with Tigger and everyone else. Hotel room, visit Gramps and call it a day.
BINGO You get to see Grandpa, Grandpa sees your boy and it's stress free for you :dthumbs:

Life is way too short to put up with unnecessary bullshit. Enjoy your time with Grandpa and leave. You're an adult, make up your own rules.

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #20
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

I can help for #'s 4, 5, and 7

4. Ebbs is a loser, make him move his own shit.

5. Let your friend borrow your chainsaw before you leave.

7. Road head. It rocks. Then stop at a steak place on the way and order your wife a salad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote