Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-24-2009, 12:38 AM   #11
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Josh - what an AWESOME dog!! He's cool

Question, what do you mean not a lot of food? 5-6 CUPS of food a day is at least three times what my dog eats...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #12
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Dogs are just fucking awesome. They just know "Do". Hell, they loose a leg and once it is fixed they go on through life like they never had it in the 1st place and are just as happy as they were with 4legs.

And dogs should not have short lifespans. Them not having the same lifespan as us is proof that God exists and that God hates us. Why have us go through anguish one time when we can do it many times in our lifetime? This dog of mine now is my life. I can't imagine how many tears I'll cry when he dies. No doubt in my mind I'll be inconsolable for a long period of time.

Cats are cool for about 2 years. I'd own a cat if they had a 2 year lease program so you can have kittens your whole life.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:17 AM   #13
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

I don't have any answer other than "he's a boxer, they're built with lots of energy to spare" My guy isn't quite as beefy as yours, but he's all go, all the time.

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again, he's a BEAUTIFUL boy!!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #14
Rider
Moto GP Star

That's not a purebred Boxer. He is a mix of something like a mastiff or other big dog.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #15
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
That's a good point too, but shut your mouth anyway 'cause my dog will live to be at least 60.
Mine too!
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:20 AM   #16
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

Dogs kick ass...yours is too cool

Thats what i need to do with my dog! he's got too much energy for his own good and comes off as "agressive".....build me a cart
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #17
AquaPython
put it THIS way

cool dog.

HOWEVER,

no matter how hard you try, you just cant look tough with roller blades on, FAG-A-MuFFIN!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #18
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

He is one luck dog! Way to tap into his energy in a positive way. Large dogs like that need an outlet for their energy/aggression. Does well to remove negative stereotypes surrounding those breads as well.

I think some dogs are just "working" dogs by nature and need a job to do to occupy all their energy. They keep going and going b/c it makes them happy. He's fortunate that you've found out what activities challenge him to do a good job.

If my pup weren't close to 7, we'd always thought about designing something similar for him as well. Long runs with my hubby now make him sore in the hips. For our big lab mix, we have a back pack that we load with supplies on hikes/trips. One man, one kit. His whole demeanor changes and he now has a job to do. He pulls less on the lead and will go for miles. He'll also swim and swim and swim. Designed years ago for pulling in fishing nets, we can't keep him out of the freezing ocean or coax him outta the water if he's in the mood for a dip.

Anyway, I ramble. I think it's wicked what you are doing. He looks so proud to be there, attached to his chariot. Eager to please.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #19
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Josh - what an AWESOME dog!! He's cool

Question, what do you mean not a lot of food? 5-6 CUPS of food a day is at least three times what my dog eats...
How big is your dog? What about other big dogs in the 90lb range? How much do they usually eat? He gets 4 cups of dry, half a can of wet food and some missing link everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
That's not a purebred Boxer. He is a mix of something like a mastiff or other big dog.
A lot of dog people go back on forth on Jethro. Some swear he's a definitely pure bred and that he just has prominent Mastiff genes, others think he's mixed. My guess is that he's a Boxer/Italian Mastiff mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx CURVE xx View Post
Dogs kick ass...yours is too cool

Thats what i need to do with my dog! he's got too much energy for his own good and comes off as "agressive".....build me a cart
When I took Jethro he had just finished eating about $3,000 worth of nice backyard furniture so we had to figure something out fast. The rollerblading was pretty scary until I got him trained!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
cool dog.

HOWEVER,

no matter how hard you try, you just cant look tough with roller blades on, FAG-A-MuFFIN!
hahaha, don't be mad cause you can't skate foo! Beside, nobody messes with me when I've got Jethro.
________
TEEN GIRL LIVE

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 07:33 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #20
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

My dog's 106. We think lab and roti mix as he is much taller than other labs and has strong muscular legs/large head

We feed him 4 cups a day of high quality dog food. Fromm - dunno if it's available down south. My hubby was feeding him Iams since puppy hood, and it's crap.

There's a lot of dog food comparo sites out there. Might be a good idea to see how your dog food compares to others. A lot of supposedly "good" quality dog foods aren't.

Since putting him on the Fromm (salmon), he's leaner, his coat shines, his joints can take a more severe beating, and he stink less
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote