Old 08-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

I can't justify paying that much money for a phone
Old 08-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #12
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Some of the people I follow on Twitter I have it set to text me anything they post. Its good when I'm bored because I don't have to search for their posts. The only issue is there are a couple of them that are on the west coast.
As I go to bed they start posting messages on Twitter which causes my phone to beep.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #13
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Can't afford the extra cost, and don't see a reason for it. I've never NEEDED the internet, or an app, or whatever, when I was somewhere that didn't have wifi or other access.

I did have a BB for awhile, before deployment, but only so I could use it as a modem to my computer at MOB station. I knew they wouldn't have wifi there, so I planned ahead. I don't miss it a bit now, but it is tough finding a decent "dumb" phone. Looking at the Convoy 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #14
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

My smart phone has, for the most part, has cut back my use of computers to a large extent. I almost never check email on the computer now. I stream netflix on my phone far more often than I do on the computer. I check my social media stuff on the phone. The camera (with the help of a camera app or two) has replaced a standard point and shoot. For me, it's a justifiable expense for the added convenience it gives me.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #15
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Can't afford the extra cost, and don't see a reason for it. I've never NEEDED the internet, or an app, or whatever, when I was somewhere that didn't have wifi or other access.

I did have a BB for awhile, before deployment, but only so I could use it as a modem to my computer at MOB station. I knew they wouldn't have wifi there, so I planned ahead. I don't miss it a bit now, but it is tough finding a decent "dumb" phone. Looking at the Convoy 2.
The internet has helped me many times in just the last month with my job. I also used it in another job I had quite a bit. I feel lost without it.

Plus its just something to kill a bit of boredom during the day. Plus I have been using it looking for jobs and so on for over a year. There was a period of 9 months or more that I checked it 5 times a day for jobs while doing other things.

Plus the email is also a great tool.

I know its not for everyone but for me its wanted and at times needed.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 08-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #16
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
I use mine when Im bored and when I need one of the apps for something but when Im home I mostly just answer text messages now and then. At night I dont even keep it in my bed room, I never understood people who wake up to answer text messages.
This is me, for the most part. Erik on the other hand is on his 24/7, just texts. We were talking today and it was going off. Started to really piss me off. Going off as I type this and I'm ready to f*ing scream!
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #17
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Texting to me is a big pain in the ass. I try to do as little of it as possible. There is no phone that allows you to type as fast as a PC.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #18
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Texting to me is a big pain in the ass. I try to do as little of it as possible. There is no phone that allows you to type as fast as a PC.
I know I could type pretty fast on my Treo and Bold. And its much faster then driving home to send a message then driving back to where I was when I decided I had to send a message.

James
Old 08-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #19
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

Well I think I failed today. Will try again tomorrow. I'm weak. Lol
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:01 AM   #20
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherri_chickie View Post
Well I think I failed today. Will try again tomorrow. I'm weak. Lol
Your not week. Your not a quitter.

I'm in my chair, feet up on the desk, wireless keyboard on my lap, wireless mouse just at the edge of the desk inches away from my arm rest and my Blackberry is laying on my chest. Been sending bbm's for hours.

James