Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #11
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Good luck with that! Sounds exciting and scary at the same time.

adventure ftw
thanks. i used to enjoy jumping now and then this time may be the last big one. it's not as easy as it used to be. LOL hoping it will be fun though and successful
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #12
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

I've never been to Wis, but I think I'd still rather live there than Florida.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
OneNotSoSickPsycho
Squidliest

Moto: OSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
yeah a couple psychos anyway. LOL

I can't wait to meet your adorable bully!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #14
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
Orlando. was hoping to get something a little farther south but this is a whole lot closer to my dad's place then Wisconsin and a whole lot warmer as well. LOL
Orlando is nice enough as long as you avoid all the fat families there to see the mouse. You won't be far from Daytona and its beaches. Bike Week and Biketoberfest are also worth checking out at least once. Depending on where in Orlando you are going to be you wont be more than a couple hours away from the Clearwater/St. Pete area either.

If you want a cool town with highly rated beaches, a relaxed atmosphere, and main street great for getting hammered drunk check out Siesta Key (not in the Keys) down by Sarasota. There is also St. Armands Circle on the next island. The circle is too trendy for me but if you go just up to City Island (probably less than half a mile) on nice days you can sit out on the deck at The Old Salty Dog and watch some pretty nice boats come in and out of the channel. When the wind is right you can watch some pretty nice boats try to go out the channel, see 8 foot breakers and come right back in.

One of the nice things about Florida is no matter where you are in the state there is supposedly never a beach more than 60 miles away.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #15
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

I've lived in Chicago...been up in Wisconsin hundreds of times..and been to FL about 6-7 times. Both suck...flat ass roads and shitty weather (cold and snowy or rainy hot and humid.).

good luck

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #16
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Congrats. Thats a big move. Your roads sound like PA roads.
I think any road north of the tenessee-ish line will be horrific due to the snow and salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
If you want a cool town with highly rated beaches, a relaxed atmosphere, and main street great for getting hammered drunk check out Siesta Key (not in the Keys) down by Sarasota. There is also St. Armands Circle on the next island. The circle is too trendy for me but if you go just up to City Island (probably less than half a mile) on nice days you can sit out on the deck at The Old Salty Dog and watch some pretty nice boats come in and out of the channel. When the wind is right you can watch some pretty nice boats try to go out the channel, see 8 foot breakers and come right back in.
Man speaks the troof.... Siesta Key is where its at. Hit up the Daquiri Deck while your there. DECK DEISELS BABY! Sarasota is meh, but Port Charlotte is fun at night. There is a hotel top bar where we have spent a ton of nights looking out over the bridge and harbor. Forget what hotel it is....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #17
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
I think any road north of the tenessee-ish line will be horrific due to the snow and salt.

Man speaks the troof.... Siesta Key is where its at. Hit up the Daquiri Deck while your there. DECK DEISELS BABY! Sarasota is meh, but Port Charlotte is fun at night. There is a hotel top bar where we have spent a ton of nights looking out over the bridge and harbor. Forget what hotel it is....
SKOB (Siesta Key Oyster Bar) has a nice drink called the Village Idiot too. It is served in a small bucket, has around 20 shots of liquor in it, and you are supposed to have 3 people drinking before you are allowed to order one as well.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #18
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Good luck with the move. I would also like to move somewhere a bit warmer at some point, but am stuck here in Indiana. Our winters aren't near as bad as yours, though. Hope your house sells quickly up there and you can get in on some cheap foreclosure property in Orlando.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #19
wildchild
cruiser

i think the roads in wis are probably much better then florida and definitely less crowded.

lately though, (1 1/2 years) my job has been so chaotic and utterly unstable i will enjoy this move just for the chance to sit on a beach sip a cold one and for at least one day not think my future is in jeapordy.

if i ever doubt the decision to go i have a couple pics of snowbanks over the roof of my jeep LOL
Old 05-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #20
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneNotSoSickPsycho View Post

I can't wait to meet your adorable bully!!!!!!!!
hopefully it won't be long before her and the rest of the crew come down. not sure how she will do with the heat. she was overheating today and it was only 70 ish, this could be a challenge, LOL