Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-03-2011, 02:31 AM   #11
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

The pole was in the blvd aka street easement aka not their property. This is typically the property from the sidewalk out.

I'm with osp. It would have ended badly for me for sure. Then your right. I would seek my revenge to the neighbor causing the problems all while in my jail cell. Craigslist ads of all kinds would be placed. Oh it would have been epic.

Fucking bs all around though.

And honestly with using the front loader to remove the poles. There wouldn't be much you could do to stop the removal. I don't think anything like concrete, steel, 10' deep would help.
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #12
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Definitely not legal to place them there. As you said, they're in the boulevard.

Putting it 6 feet down and using a Bigfoot would likely have the ass-end of the front end loader in the air though, before it would haul the pole out.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #13
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Perhaps but it would come out. Plus who wants to dig tt hole to set it.
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #14
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Perhaps but it would come out. Plus who wants to dig tt hole to set it.
Just thinking out loud, but maybe someone who didn't want it to get yanked out?

If some of these had been in place for 60 years, like I thought I heard that guy saying, then maybe they should have checked to see if they were grandfathered in whatever law made their placement illegal?

Old 04-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #15
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

There is some clear editing to the film. Something definitely changed between when he was told he could keep the pole and when they decided to take it. I would like to see the in between footage before I make an opinion.

As far as ordering back in the house, they could probably get him on some disturbing the peace BS since they were yelling in a neighborhood and such. There are a lot of noise ordinances for neighborhoods they can bust you with easy depending on state and such.

If I lived in a cul de sac and I had kids always playing basketball in my entrance and exit to my house, I would put an end to it too. Don't blame the original complaint person at all.

Last edited by Trip; 04-04-2011 at 07:29 AM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #16
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
There is some clear editing to the film. Something definitely changed between when he was told he could keep the pole and when they decided to take it. I would like to see the in between footage before I make an opinion.

As far as ordering back in the house, they could probably get him on some disturbing the peace BS since they were yelling in a neighborhood and such. There are a lot of noise ordinances for neighborhoods they can bust you with easy depending on state and such.

If I lived in a cul de sac and I had kids always playing basketball in my entrance and exit to my house, I would put an end to it too. Don't blame the original complaint person at all.
Looks to me like that particular basket was at the END of the cul-de-sac, so it wasn't blocking anyone's route. If something is going to be put up, at all, that looks to be the safest location.

A number of charges could have been levied against those two. disorderly conduct and interfering with an officer are the first two, that come to mind.

Odds are they were going to take the pole, no matter what, and lying to the guy was the easiest way to keep him from interfering with them.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:43 AM   #17
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Looks to me like that particular basket was at the END of the cul-de-sac, so it wasn't blocking anyone's route. If something is going to be put up, at all, that looks to be the safest location.

A number of charges could have been levied against those two. disorderly conduct and interfering with an officer are the first two, that come to mind.

Odds are they were going to take the pole, no matter what, and lying to the guy was the easiest way to keep him from interfering with them.
The pole may be at the end of the cul de sac, but anyone playing basketball would be all over the cul de sac effecting the other people that lived in that cul de sac. If I lived in that cul de sac, I would want it gone too.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #18
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The pole may be at the end of the cul de sac, but anyone playing basketball would be all over the cul de sac effecting the other people that lived in that cul de sac. If I lived in that cul de sac, I would want it gone too.
Perhaps, but it sounded like the person, who complained, was at the far end of the street. Sounds like the same sort of neighbourhood busy body who makes everyone's life hell, just because he or she doesn't enjoy life.

Don't get me wrong; I get pissed off when my neighbours' kids are playing in the parking lot, when everyone is trying to get in and park after work, but this seems like quite a different situation from having a bunch of toys dumped in my parking space.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #19
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I hope the kids come up with a louder, more destructive game to play.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:21 AM   #20
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I hope the kids come up with a louder, more destructive game to play.
... like hockey.