Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #11
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiomechanic View Post
Yup. It's a magnet in the holster that does the trick.

Mine's an older blackberry so I can't view media or things like that and it's slow. But I still manage to post with it so, it's livable till I can afford something newer.
Mine was $100 after mail in rebate with a new contract so when you get to the point where u need a new contract get one. This phone is amazing for what you pay. Its worth every bit of its retail price too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
GPS for free for 30 days... fauck that - http://www.google.com/mobile/ Download Google Maps and there you go
That may be worth while. The GPS is awesome tho, it checks for traffic problems and gives turn by turn navigation. Not something I would use on a daily basis but for a free month its fun to mess around with. I could see where it would be worth the $9.99 extra a month for people who travel alot tho.
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:54 AM   #12
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750

Quote:
GPS for free for 30 days... fauck that - http://www.google.com/mobile/ Download Google Maps and there you go
Azoom YOU FREAKING ROCK!!! I never knew about that program and didn't want to spend money on the GPS service. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #13
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiomechanic View Post
Azoom YOU FREAKING ROCK!!! I never knew about that program and didn't want to spend money on the GPS service. Thanks!
Let me know how it works, I want to get it once my subscription ends.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #14
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer170 View Post
I got my curve a few weeks ago also, how do you set the message tone?
From the phone you hit the blackberry button and scroll til you see a face icon that say profile. From there you will be able to change ringtone by going to advance. Here you can change to have different ringtones for different messages. You go under phone and you can chnage the ring tones for in holster and out of holster. Any questions PM me.......

Quote:
Just FYI, all blackberry's come with Google maps predownloaded on them where you can get directions right from that. It's not turn=by-turn directions also with Verizons VZ navigator you also get live traffic updates that will route you are road construction, traffic accidents and jams. So the GPS system for $9.99 is well worth it if you are doing alot of traveling and can't stand being stuck in traffic. With VZ navigator you also can find movie times, look up places to get phone numbers and call the place for free vs. 411 connect which charges $1.49 per connection. Also with VZ nav you can add or remove it at anytime cause it's a feature. It's not something you have to have on there at all times.
This information will be useful however only if you have Verizon. Not sure how other companies run it. I know alot require you to have it at least a month or charge you a full month when you cancel.
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:32 PM   #15
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Heh I love postwhoring on this thing Ill def be using it a lot at work tomorrow. Still trying to get used to these small keys tho. And does anyone know why the ringtones for the BB are so much more expensive than regular ones?
Old 07-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #16
comonboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Heh I love postwhoring on this thing Ill def be using it a lot at work tomorrow. Still trying to get used to these small keys tho. And does anyone know why the ringtones for the BB are so much more expensive than regular ones?
because the blackberry doesn't have the vcast or music software the works with the standard ringtone.
If you go to crackberry.com you can get free ringtones. Also the bonus is you can go the the blackberry manager on your ocmputer and transfer music from you cds or whatever you have downloaded and transfer it into your ringtone folder. There is will play a 15 sec verison of the song. I have alot of my songs from my laptop on there. That way you are able to customize it too.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #17
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by comonboys View Post
because the blackberry doesn't have the vcast or music software the works with the standard ringtone.
If you go to crackberry.com you can get free ringtones. Also the bonus is you can go the the blackberry manager on your ocmputer and transfer music from you cds or whatever you have downloaded and transfer it into your ringtone folder. There is will play a 15 sec verison of the song. I have alot of my songs from my laptop on there. That way you are able to customize it too.
So you can use some of your MP3 songs as ringtones? Scweet! And is the BB manager on the CD that comes with it?
Old 07-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #18
comonboys

Quote:
So you can use some of your MP3 songs as ringtones? Scweet! And is the BB manager on the CD that comes with it?
Yes sir it is.... However you will want to make sure that you don't select to have it run at start up. As cutty will tell you its annoying as hell when it does cause it takes like 5 minutes to just boot up the computer. I have a local band from here as alot of my ring tones. If you need help with it post here or shoot me a PM. I work for Verizon so I have access to do some stuff.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:45 PM   #19
Audiomechanic
Mobile Post-Whore Unit

Moto: 2000 Honda Magna 750

Quote:
Let me know how it works, I want to get it once my subscription ends.
Tried it a little today and seems to work great! Just like the regular google maps but smaller. Also does directions. I'm so glad to have this now because I'm spending two weeks in Florida currenty for work and I don't know where ANYTHING is.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:59 PM   #20
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

I dig my Pearl. Awesome camera as well. Best downloads are Google maps and Yahoo Go.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote