Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #11
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
thanks for being so helpful, piz!! i actually am trying to load my mini SD card. i removed it from the player and put it in the adapter in my printer. i made sure the adapter wasn't locked. i recently upgraded to a 2 MB card from a 512, so i copied my music library onto this card. all but a dozen songs or so loaded. now i am getting this message. i checked the capacity and i have at least 1 MB of space left on this card, if not a bit more.

my computer no longer recognizes my mp3 player when i plug it in, so i can't access my root folder. i have been saving solely to the SD card now. i also had my USB ports go down. how do you clean them? and i have looked online for the hardware for my mp3 player, but couldn't find it. how do i clean that out as well.

i am illiterate when it comes to this stuff, so i am scared to death to try anything for fear of screwing everything up. at least it works half-assed for now. i just don't get why my copies won't transfer. there was no trouble downloading them. you'd think they'd move right over, but they're not.
no prob. I'm guessing you mean it's a 2 gig card and it's stating that you have at least 1 mb left, correct? If so that's not very much, most songs are 3-5 mb. If possible, right click on your music folder on your computer and hit properties, see how big it is. It'll give it to you in kb so it'll be at least 8 digits. Tell me what it is, wouldnt be surprised if it's just barely over 2 gig which is why it wont let you put the last few songs on.

edit; if you meant you have over a gig left on the card then you're nowhere near the limit and I would probably look into the connection. The more shit data has to filter through, the more ways it can have problems so I'm suspicious of the printer adapter.
I'd give that program NTS mentioned a try, my buddy uses it and it lets you connect your mp3 player directly into the comp and send your files without drivers for every type of player.
I'll see what I can find on SD mp3 firmware but I wouldn't recommend getting into that right away. When you change the firmware on an mp3 player it almost always has to wipe the memory so you lose all your songs.

Last edited by PiZdETS; 06-29-2008 at 08:10 PM..
PiZdETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #12
m0n1
Street Stunter

Moto: 07 R1

jsut a thougt. is the new card size compatible with the player. some units will only recognize a max size eventhough you have more space. if this is the case you probably need a firmware upgrade like Piz said.

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war." –Douglas MacArthur
“Our job as citizens also includes backing our president when he makes a decision, whether we like that decision or not,"- Damion Maynard
m0n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:07 PM   #13
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

ok, i did mean it is a 2 gig card. i just looked and it has 1.34 gig of free space left on the card. i have the mp3 player plugged right into the USB port right now. i'll try that monkey program here first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0n1 View Post
jsut a thougt. is the new card size compatible with the player. some units will only recognize a max size eventhough you have more space. if this is the case you probably need a firmware upgrade like Piz said.
good question! i'll hafta check into that.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:24 PM   #14
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Your USB ports aren't working? As in, does it not notice any new hardware at all? If so, I have a fix for you.....

Oh, and bittorrent FTW

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:26 PM   #15
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

The best help you could ever get with Limewire is right here:

www.utorrent.com
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:11 AM   #16
itgirl
is in your head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Your USB ports aren't working? As in, does it not notice any new hardware at all? If so, I have a fix for you.....

Oh, and bittorrent FTW
yeah, i've been putting the SD card in my printer to load the mp3 player with music because when i plug it in the USB port it doesn't show up anymore. it used to. it even gives me the 'doesn't recognize hardware' error message. please do share, if you have a fix...

update...i have gotten my songs loaded using the monkey media that NtS suggested. that has been my only success tonight, with the exception of adding interesting new bald patches to my head (i've been pulling my hair out). so the damn things are on there for now. whew!! at least i know one way to make it work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
The best help you could ever get with Limewire is right here:

www.utorrent.com
is that easy to use? it has to be idiot proof for me to master.

thanks everyone for all your suggestions and help!!

kim

Old 06-30-2008, 12:20 AM   #17
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
is that easy to use? it has to be idiot proof for me to master.

thanks everyone for all your suggestions and help!!
Glad to hear you got the music on there. I think osp meant that's the best bit-torrent client and it is pretty good. Just click download on that page, choose the utorrent stable and download and install. Take your time figuring out all the functions and terms, use that faq I posted earlier. From there you can start browsing trackers and downloading files.
to piracy 2.0
Old 06-30-2008, 12:39 AM   #18
itgirl
is in your head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
Glad to hear you got the music on there. I think osp meant that's the best bit-torrent client and it is pretty good. Just click download on that page, choose the utorrent stable and download and install. Take your time figuring out all the functions and terms, use that faq I posted earlier. From there you can start browsing trackers and downloading files.
to piracy 2.0
thanks! i think i'll save this downloading adventure for another day. on a side note, i just went to sandisk's website and tried to update my firmware and i got...you guessed it...an error that it failed to update. *sigh* why can't things be easy? so the only other thing i can do there is to restore it to factory settings, since the connection doesn't work right anymore and i am too frightened to do that yet. it says it will be wiped clean then. i am timid, even though most of my music is on the SD card and not the root itself. i'm going to bed now though. been messing with this since about 6pm. i am bushed!!

kim

Old 07-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #19
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
well, i have a sandisk mp3 player. it's just drag and drop the music onto it. i don't need any special program like iTunes to get it loaded.

i have my songs downloaded and sitting on my desktop. they just won't copy over to my mini SD card. i keep getting that error message. grrrrr......
I have a sandisk mp3 player too and I have to go through the sandisk file to transfer music. What I do with limewire is change my directory where to store. I created a music file on my desktop. Then I open my sandisk program adn drag them from the music file to the sandisk program. From there I sync it. Viola i have music. If you got the MP3 at Best Buy it will require you to use the best buy software exclusively to transfer. I haven't been able to transfer off my music files on the new laptop which I don't have the sandisk files on here.
Just letting you know.
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #20
itgirl
is in your head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by comonboys View Post
I have a sandisk mp3 player too and I have to go through the sandisk file to transfer music. What I do with limewire is change my directory where to store. I created a music file on my desktop. Then I open my sandisk program adn drag them from the music file to the sandisk program. From there I sync it. Viola i have music. If you got the MP3 at Best Buy it will require you to use the best buy software exclusively to transfer. I haven't been able to transfer off my music files on the new laptop which I don't have the sandisk files on here.
Just letting you know.
good post! thanks for the info! i'll hafta plug it in and do it that way, see how it goes. i got mine off ebay, so i don't hafta worry about the best buy stuff at least. this thing used to be so easy to use. it just got a wild hair now or something. thanks for the help.

kim