Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Who here could live on a boat?

I would love to try it. The only problem is I also want a home theater really bad (I love movies) and a boat big enough for even a small theater is WAY out of reach.

I think being on a boat would be great. I love the water. I have no idea if I could live on a boat or not but I wouldn't mind trying. My wife doesn't want to.

Living on the sea for 1152 days? I don't know about that. Thats going way "overboard". Over two years of it was alone. Fuck that. Have a big enough boat and load it up with lovely ladies and I might give it a try.

James
Load your boat full of ladies and live out on the for 2 years? My money says you unload those women in the middle of the ocean 3 months in.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #12
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Who here could live on a boat?

I would love to try it. The only problem is I also want a home theater really bad (I love movies) and a boat big enough for even a small theater is WAY out of reach.

I think being on a boat would be great. I love the water. I have no idea if I could live on a boat or not but I wouldn't mind trying. My wife doesn't want to.

Living on the sea for 1152 days? I don't know about that. Thats going way "overboard". Over two years of it was alone. Fuck that. Have a big enough boat and load it up with lovely ladies and I might give it a try.

James
It would depend what you're looking for. I know one guy who lives on a 28' sailboat. He has his whole life crammed into it, and loves it. He was even able to get a mortgage on it because he lives in it. You learn to downsize everything and enjoy what you have. I don't think that would work for me.

I would like the big diesel engined yachts, with full sized rooms and a theatre too.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #13
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
Load your boat full of ladies and live out on the for 2 years? My money says you unload those women in the middle of the ocean 3 months in.
"That sail isn't folded right! Those ropes are messy! You're not just gonna SIT there and steer, ARE YOU? What the-?"

*splash!*

*sound of a beer opening*

"*Sigh* Better. "

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #14
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Yeah I don't like the ocean like that... kinda scary... but I can respect the dream
That's the idea, I think. While it isn't truly 'primitive', it is a daily struggle to survive. Very few experiences available in the civilized world can focus you like that can. Clearly he had a lot of time to think, but not like most of us do.
I doubt most of us would be composing hippie poetry to the sea, but imagine what it would be like to be away from all the stuff that preoccupies our minds in our daily lives. Talk about some great time to do some work on oneself. Oops, sorry, I know us guys aren't supposed to think about stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
No doubt! Nobody says you can't put into port and find a little company for a while if you need it. This guy just chose not to.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:16 AM   #15
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
That's the idea, I think. While it isn't truly 'primitive', it is a daily struggle to survive. Very few experiences available in the civilized world can focus you like that can. Clearly he had a lot of time to think, but not like most of us do.
I doubt most of us would be composing hippie poetry to the sea, but imagine what it would be like to be away from all the stuff that preoccupies our minds in our daily lives. Talk about some great time to do some work on oneself. Oops, sorry, I know us guys aren't supposed to think about stuff like that.

No doubt! Nobody says you can't put into port and find a little company for a while if you need it. This guy just chose not to.
It wasn't that he chose not to but it was a requirement for the record he wanted to set. Stopping at different ports would be nice.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #16
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Quote:
It wasn't that he chose not to but it was a requirement for the record he wanted to set. Stopping at different ports would be nice.

James
Indeed.. I must've skimmed over that part of the article... but even then, going for the record is a choice too I suppose.
Yes, stops in port would be mandatory for me... if only for perishable foodstuffs and a day or so around people here and there.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #17
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Indeed.. I must've skimmed over that part of the article... but even then, going for the record is a choice too I suppose.
Yes, stops in port would be mandatory for me... if only for perishable foodstuffs and a day or so around people here and there.
Yeah it would be nice to be all alone for X amount of time to just relax and clear your head. 2+ years would not me my amount. Maybe a couple of weeks but not much more. A trip like that could me amazing but for me doing it solo would make it too tough.

And a 70ft sailboat must be a bitch to handle solo.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:50 AM   #18
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Yeah it would be nice to be all alone for X amount of time to just relax and clear your head. 2+ years would not me my amount. Maybe a couple of weeks but not much more. A trip like that could me amazing but for me doing it solo would make it too tough.

And a 70ft sailboat must be a bitch to handle solo.

James
Agreed on all points.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:48 AM   #19
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
That's the idea, I think. While it isn't truly 'primitive', it is a daily struggle to survive. Very few experiences available in the civilized world can focus you like that can.
Sounds like driving in Atlanta.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #20
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Sounds like driving in Atlanta.
Oh hell no... there would be no time for contemplation... I'd be full-on Bronson.