Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I meant other than them...
I'm sure that the victim knows the guy's name but hasn't posted for fear of civil litigation...

You must understand that the guy was not charged with any crime. If the bike owner posts his name and implies that he is a "bike thief" he can be sued for slander. Not to mention what would happen if some well meaning but misguided individual were to harm the thief in any way after his info was posted. BTW I'm not saying that this didn't happen BUT what if this were just some hoax to get back at this kid? I mean, I have pictures of Trip. I could post a pic of him on various forums saying that he gave my sister AIDS, for example.... Who's to stop me? Again, I'm not saying that this isn't real but I am surprised that all of you skeptics are jumping on board with out any questions....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #12
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Beautiful!!!!
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #13
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
I'm sure that the victim knows the guy's name but hasn't posted for fear of civil litigation...

You must understand that the guy was not charged with any crime. If the bike owner posts his name and implies that he is a "bike thief" he can be sued for slander. Not to mention what would happen if some well meaning but misguided individual were to harm the thief in any way after his info was posted. BTW I'm not saying that this didn't happen BUT what if this were just some hoax to get back at this kid? I mean, I have pictures of Trip. I could post a pic of him on various forums saying that he gave my sister AIDS, for example.... Who's to stop me? Again, I'm not saying that this isn't real but I am surprised that all of you skeptics are jumping on board with out any questions....
Trip gave your sister AIDS?
Old 09-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #14
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:

That's kinda where I was going, actually. Someone is gonna get hold of this dude's identity and go all ape shit on him. I'd rather see his ass prosecuted and him thrown in jail. Maybe (if what happened actually happened) that'll stop future theft attempts.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #15
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:

Hay hay hay, this is twowheelfix. You're guilty until proven guilty around here
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #16
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I hope someone finds out what he's majoring in and what companies he interviews with, and sends them the facebook link with the message "trustworthy? you decide"
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:40 PM   #17
Krypt Keeper
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR1100XX, Daytona 600

So if you try to take my bike its perfectly OK, but if its a car and you just sit in it you most likely would be throw under the jail for grand theft, or attempted grand theft.

wonder if breaking my foot off in his ass would bring charges again me or not?
Krypt Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #18
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

how was this guy NOT charged with anything? WTF???
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #19
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Hay hay hay, this is twowheelfix. You're guilty until proven guilty around here
Everyone is guilty of something; some are just better at hiding it than others.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #20
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I can't see the FB from work but this whole leaves me with a bitter/sweet taste. I agree, why was he not charged?!?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote