Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Trip, I can write that pop shit all day, and know how to produce it, even.

If I wasn't a 49 year old man, I'd be pimping my shit too.

Pride, in music, will get you nowhere. Know what the market wants; sell it.

Gaga may not appeal to you musically (or me)...but I can't fault her for knowing how to cash in. There's a lot of monster Jazz cats living in a box, under a bridge.

Pride, in this biz, gets you exactly SHIT.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #12
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Trip, I can write that pop shit all day, and know how to produce it, even.

If I wasn't a 49 year old man, I'd be pimping my shit too.

Pride, in music, will get you nowhere. Know what the market wants; sell it.

Gaga may not appeal to you musically (or me)...but I can't fault her for knowing how to cash in. There's a lot of monster Jazz cats living in a box, under a bridge.

Pride, in this biz, gets you exactly SHIT.
I know, that's why I said she knows she makes crap pop music. Hence why she named herself Gaga. I would sing that crap if I was talented enough to sing it as well. Can't fault someone for taking advantage of the massive amount of idiots who like that shit.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #13
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

pop music and the money these fucking rejects make off of it is just more proof that the majority of people in this world are inherently stupid..

this is also why this country is going downhill and quick..

a pop artist makes millions
an athlete makes millions
an actor or actress makes millions

the people who actually work their fingers to the bone keeping this country running make jack shit..

and to put the proverbial tastes like runny with a few chunks feces icing on the cake the greedy fuckers take it one step further and outsource to low cost countries to make even more profit..

our system is set up to fail, on purpose.. the benefit of the elite few at the expense of the masses.. laugh all you want about my signature and zeitgeist and make stupid jokes "oh i have to go join the movement" but you are actually the butt of the joke in all of this.. keep wading through the cesspool you call life and enjoy the taste of their shit sandwiches..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #14
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
pop music and the money these fucking rejects make off of it is just more proof that the majority of people in this world are inherently stupid..

the people who actually work their fingers to the bone keeping this country running make jack shit..

and to put the proverbial tastes like runny with a few chunks feces icing on the cake the greedy fuckers take it one step further and outsource to low cost countries to make even more profit..

our system is set up to fail, on purpose.. the benefit of the elite few at the expense of the masses.. laugh all you want about my signature and zeitgeist and make stupid jokes "oh i have to go join the movement" but you are actually the butt of the joke in all of this.. keep wading through the cesspool you call life and enjoy the taste of their shit sandwiches..
Couldn't agree more.

It sickens me that what we value as a society is not raising children or helping the sick, but rather singing a tune or throwing a ball around.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #15
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I know, that's why I said she knows she makes crap pop music. Hence why she named herself Gaga. I would sing that crap if I was talented enough to sing it as well. Can't fault someone for taking advantage of the massive amount of idiots who like that shit.
Autotuners do wonders

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #16
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Gaga (Stephanie Germanotta) is legit. She went to fucking Julliard, paid her dues. She's VERY shrewd, and in no way "prefab", and like her or not, she deserves to be where she is.

This kid is a doll with cute hair.

Needs a bigger bottle.
So if she is only peddling shit pop (the same as this kid), what is the difference where she went to school?
Shit pop is shit pop, and they are both benefiting from it.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #17
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Freddy Mercury and Queen's take on pop "music"....

Fuck...those were days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LncAQR47eZo
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #18
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
So if she is only peddling shit pop (the same as this kid), what is the difference where she went to school?
Shit pop is shit pop, and they are both benefiting from it.
Because she's shrewd, and the kid was just put up to it by someone else who is.

He's just a pawn.

As a musician, I can understand selling out. As a parent, I can't understand selling out yer fucking kid.

There is a difference.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #19
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post

Your wrong if you think they don't work hard. Don't hate someone because they make more then you. If your not happy with what your making do something to change it.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #20
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Couldn't agree more.

It sickens me that what we value as a society is not raising children or helping the sick, but rather singing a tune or throwing a ball around.
Some of the people singing or playing ball do help kids. Some even help the sick. So I don't see what the problem is. And music itself helps some people. I know it helpped someone today when they cut me off.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote