Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #11
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I hope yes, hostile invasion may be the only thing that can get humans to understand our true nature and get our shit together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
That was awesome

Original topic question: yes. I think it's presumptuous to believe that in the entire Universe we're the only "intelligent" species
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Consider the vastness. It would be naive to think we're the only form of life in such a vast universe...the odds are against it.
All of the above
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #12
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The large governments would always conspire to keep it secret, if they knew about it.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #13
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

yes
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:41 AM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I don't think it will matter in our life time. We will die without knowing.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #15
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Yes. But honestly, I don't think that is even the most interesting or relevant question. A more interesting question is what have we forgotten about ourselves as a species? It seems that we have collective amnesia as a species....what we DON'T know about ourselves....where we came from...what we might already have accomplished along the way and forgotten about is far more interesting to me.

The evidence of things being done that are beyond current ability to explain and or reproduce are scattered all over the world. Megalithic building for example...Puma Punku in Boliva...The Pyramids at Giza...Ba'Albek in Lebanon. These structures would be difficult to reproduce using modern tools and machines...and yet, there they stand...Ba'Albek is particularly difficult to explain. How do you move 3 stones that weigh 800 tons a piece a half mile from where they were quarried and then place them onto a wall 20 feet off the ground? The quarry where these megalithic stones were taken contain two additional stones estimated to be over 1,000 tons each still sitting there. The stones at Puma Punku are diocite....extremely durable material...and yet virtually every stone has been "machined" to a high degree...the stones fit together perfectly...like legos. How was it done? How do you "machine" a stone like granite....or diocite...with the tools we ASSUME those people had available at the time we THINK these places were built?

Where did the technical know how required to move objects that large go? Where did the tools required to "machine" stones of that hardness go? Apparently, we had the required technical expertise and tools at one time as the structures are there....you can see them with you own eyes. It's the HOW that has been lost and to me that is more interesting than any "ET."

Last edited by KSGregman; 08-04-2010 at 10:55 AM..
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #16
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Yes. But honestly, I don't think that is even the most interesting or relevant question. A more interesting question is what have we forgotten about ourselves as a species? It seems that we have collective amnesia as a species....what we DON'T know about ourselves....where we came from...what we might already have accomplished along the way and forgotten about is far more interesting to me.

The evidence of things being done that are beyond current ability to explain and or reproduce are scattered all over the world. Megalithic building for example...Puma Punku in Boliva...The Pyramids at Giza...Ba'Albek in Lebanon. These structures would be difficult to reproduce using modern tools and machines...and yet, there they stand...Ba'Albek is particularly difficult to explain. How do you move 3 stones that weigh 800 tons a piece a half mile from where they were quarried and then place them onto a wall 20 feet off the ground? The quarry where these megalithic stones were taken contain two additional stones estimated to be over 1,000 tons each still sitting there. The stones at Puma Punku are diocite....extremely durable material...and yet virtually every stone has been "machined" to a high degree...the stones fit together perfectly...like legos. How was it done? How do you "machine" a stone like granite....or diocite...with the tools we ASSUME those people had available at the time we THINK these places were built?

Where did the technical know how required to move objects that large go? Where did the tools required to "machine" stones of that hardness go? Apparently, we had the required technical expertise and tools at one time as the structures are there....you can see them with you own eyes. It's the HOW that has been lost and to me that is more interesting than any "ET."
Is Puma Punku the site with the perfect square cuts into the stones that are amazingly accurate?
Old 08-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #17
AquaPython
put it THIS way

i have about 10 pages left in Chariots of the gods, did you copy and paste that directly?

it is the best book i have ever read. HIGHLY fucking suggest it.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #18
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Is Puma Punku the site with the perfect square cuts into the stones that are amazingly accurate?

Yes.

That stone with the vertical line and bore holes boggles my mind. The stone is diocite...the only material on earth harder than diocite is diamond. How did they machine that stone? The line is of uniform width and depth..and is perfectly straight. The bore holes are equidistant and are of uniform diameter and depth. HOW?!
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
That stone with the vertical line and bore holes boggles my mind. The stone is diocite...the only material on earth harder than diocite is diamond. How did they machine that stone? The line is of uniform width and depth..and is perfectly straight. The bore holes are equidistant and are of uniform diameter and depth. HOW?!
Yeah I remember seeing that shit, how in the fuck they did that is no fucking joke.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #20
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
I'm betting they had tools made of douchebag.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote