Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #11
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R

I've had DirecTV, Comcast, and currently have ATT UVerse. So far, the UVerse blows everything else away. Easy sign up, a technician who knew what the hell he was doing, and a very competitive price, especially when comtared to DirecTV. So, if your area supports it (fiber required), I would recommend ATT.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #12
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Had Comcast in Jersey and Time Warner now. I hate both of them equally. I want something cheap that doesn't suck, but Uverse isn't available here..
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Try Suddenlink and then talk to me about suck! No On Demand service period and they just recently got to the point where they have some decent HD channels. Their modem goes out periodically and has to be reset... Channels change super slow and you have to wait 5 minutes for the box to "warm up" the hard drive EVERY time you turn your TV on even though the box is never turned off. At 3 am exactly the picture freezes EVERY night if you are watching a recorded program. I had to drop my second DVR because if both boxes were recording, my internet would slow down to nothing! S U C K A G E ! ! ! !
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #14
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

I've got u-verse. It was a great deal during the introductory 1st year pricing. Since that wore out, our bill has more than doubled. Great service, but I'm not so sure it's worth the money. We still have it, but I bitch when I get the bill every month
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:38 PM   #15
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

U verse was great when the prices were low. That was just to get "in the door". Now tt its established itself. Its pricing is even worse than comcast. Why in the fuck do these companies think its ok to pay $200 a month for this shit? Oh wait I know.

Cause we keep doing it.

Fuck me. Its bs. Motherfuckers!
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:40 AM   #16
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

biggest thing you have to remember is if there is only one provider in the area then you are stuck and they know you are, so you will pay to get what you need. As soon as there is more than one provider in your area then threaten to jump over to the other team and they will suddenly become your best friend giving you the best deal ever. Doesn't matter if its Comcast, Time Warner, Wide Open West (WOW), AT&T, whoever.

And dems da facts, Jack

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote