Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #11
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I did it with a ZRX1200 and they were pretty welcoming. But then again, even that is more capable than a 109.

My Pops rides a purple 109 and has let me ride it a few times. That bike is a beast. I feel like I'm riding the equivalent of an old suped up Shelby or Chevelle on that bike. Very fun to ride.

I don't even recognize mine at the moment....I have all of my over the road gear bolted on...I'll post a few pictures later.

It's a fun bike...awesome motor...and actually handles fairly well for a big bike. I mean, it's no SS...but it still does pretty well through the twisty bits if you've got the stones to push.

I'm looking around for a used F800GS...or something equivalent...I have alot of lightweight gear leftover from hiking when I lived back east...just need an offroad capable bike and I'm in business...or at least enough to get out there and figure out all of the things that I DON'T know and SHOULD to be a "real" ADV rider.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #12
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
I've done some touring on the M109-R...but I've got the itch for the dual sport bike / camping kind of ADV thing...I think I'd get laughed right off of ADVRiders.com if I posted an "ADV" ride on the M109-R.
I've found there are ADV ride reports on every type of bike imaginable. Anybody who would laugh at a report done from an M109 wouldn't be welcome on ADV. Run what ya brung.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #13
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Friday = 251 miles (took the looong way from Tulsa to White Rock)

Saturday = 116 miles of a mixture of everything from the nastiest single track Arkansas has to offer to asphalt twisties leading to the World Famous Oark Cafe.

Sunday = 183 miles home to Tulsa

Me = one happy camper

Old 05-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #14
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

I had a pretty good weekend in Arkansas too! We rode everything between Clarksville and Fayetteville that was paved. LOL

The Busa has another 975 miles on it after this weekend. I saw alot of DS guys. I was keeping an eye out, but never saw you Krabill.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #15
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I just spotted Particles name on the BYOB list...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481343

JC
Yep, so far I'm in for 6/11 in Galeton, PA. It's about 3.5 hours of riding from here. The SV isnt the most ideal ADV bike but it does the job enough for me and it's been modified for distance riding.

That weekend is one of the few where I'm not traveling somewhere for work. If I end up being sent somewhere I'm going to be uber pissed.

I'll probably make it a day trip on 6/11, ride down, hang out for a couple hours, then head back.

My schedule has been absolutely nuts with a lot of last minute crap coming up (for example, apparently I'm flying to Chicago this week - that wasn't actually confirmed until about 20 minutes ago *grumble*)

Anyone from here going?

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #16
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I had a pretty good weekend in Arkansas too! We rode everything between Clarksville and Fayetteville that was paved. LOL

The Busa has another 975 miles on it after this weekend. I saw alot of DS guys. I was keeping an eye out, but never saw you Krabill.

You would have had a pretty tough time finding us

We did hit a couple paved twisties and stopped in Oark for lunch on Saturday, though.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:35 AM   #17
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Their aint crap here for going off road. Flat lands and it's owned. I do drive by the plowed fields and wonder what it would be like to go across them on a bike and 4x4.

Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #18
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

We have lots of Texas folks come up to SE Oklahoma to ride the Kiamichi mountains with us.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #19
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

I wound up doing about 750 miles this week-end through Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri.

We FLEW down to Grove Friday...we were late leaving Wichita but made it to Grove, OK before dark...it did require a bit of "extra credit" pace to pull that off but no performance awards were issued so it was all good.

We left Grove early on Saturday....hit up Tallequah...had a slight delay in Kansas, OK as Michael lost the toe peg off his shifter...we bought a battery terminal kit from the only business in "town"...a convenience store...and jury rigged one of the bolts from the kit along with a counter nut into the shifter. It wasn't pretty but it lasted him the rest of the trip. Headed east out of Tallequah to Fayetteville then on to Huntsville, AR...rode up the Pig Trail to Eureka Springs...rode around Eureka Springs before stopping for lunch at Bubba's Barbeque.

I thought the Pig Trail was pretty over rated for twisties...I mean, it was ok...but it was no where near as fun 62 north out of Eureka Springs...or Route 90 in Missouri. Didn't wind up taking any pictures....was on the bike full time.

Perfect weather...good friends...great roads....just a perfect week-end.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #20
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

We stopped in Tallequah for milkshakes and a little grub.