Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #11
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I was coming home from dinner. I was doing the speed limit. I was in my car. My daughter was in the seat next to me.

A kid (her classmate, 11 yrs. old at the time) ran INTO THE HIGHWAY WITHOUT LOOKING, OPPOSITE THE CROSSWALK, AGAINST THE LIGHT, AT 10:00 PM on a school night.

I was driving a Corvette.

Who got careless driving? Who lost their license for a year? Who had to go bankrupt? Who got sued for a million dollars? Who had their life ruined? Me.

BTW, the kid was back in school, before my car was back from the shop.

Little piece of shit, and his greedy cunt mom ruined my life. The cop lied in court, and the Monmouth county prosecutor, through my lawyer threatened me, and told me if I didn't plead out, they would send me to jail.

I don't expect things will go much better for this guy. If you think it matters how fast he was going, or if was even his fucking fault, you're a fool.

Welcome to reality.

A crying mom can move mountains. It only takes the help of spineless men around her, who want her to stop crying.
Negating the threat portion and greedy mom, you are 100% responsible for your vehicle control. Granted there is maybe nothing you could have done, but nontheless. I'm assuming no witnesses? And what is opposite the crosswalk? Ran into the street, but sort of perpendicular to the crosswalk?

I think there is more to this story..like you were distracted or something, but don't know. They don't ticket you for careless driving if you are not doing anything illegal (well..not supposed to anyway..lol).

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #12
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Negating the threat portion and greedy mom, you are 100% responsible for your vehicle control. Granted there is maybe nothing you could have done, but nontheless. I'm assuming no witnesses? And what is opposite the crosswalk? Ran into the street, but sort of perpendicular to the crosswalk?

I think there is more to this story..like you were distracted or something, but don't know. They don't ticket you for careless driving if you are not doing anything illegal (well..not supposed to anyway..lol).
I tend to believe exactly what he wrote, but then again I'm biased by my own experiences. A few days ago in downtown Toronto, at 6:00am, I almost cleaned two construction workers off the road. I had a green. They felt that because they were crossing 30 feet up from the red light that it must not apply to them. They stepped right out into traffic and if I had swerved one foot less, there would likely be two more bodies in the morgue.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #13
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Cuz it couldnt possibly be the bikers fault? He couldn't have been doing 100mph in a 60mph zone? Is the girl supposed to judge not only distance she has, but also the speed the motorcycle is travelling? I realize were all bikers and look out for our own, but that doesn't mean were all innocent of any accident were in.
Hence why I did not reply to such a vague article.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #14
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post

You're wrong. I even got a ticket for going through a yellow (which was later dropped, as there is no such thing), and one for careless driving (based on fucking what, I'd love to know).

I had a witness come in that had been at the intersection, that was going to testify that the light was red on his side (where the boy ran from), and that the boy RAN AT FULL SPEED as he crossed on the opposite side of the intersection (where there was no crosswalk) without looking onto the highway. I also had an extensive computer aided reconstruction of the accident which was to be presented at trial, performed and presented by a former Policeman of Middletown NJ, which completely absolved me.

The policeman at the scene told the Asbury Park Press newspaper that the boy would receive two citations for crossing against the light, and where there was no crosswalk. I have a copy of the paper. He stood on my front porch, and with a straight face said this to my 11 year old daughter and myself.

The officer later changed his story in court, as it turns out the boy was never issued any summonses, and the whole thing was then instead rammed up my ass.

It was on a divided highway (Route 35) and the boy struck THE SIDE of the front of my car. He ran ME over, in other words. The is NO damage to the front of my car. The side marker just ahead of the left front wheel clearly shows where he ran up on ME.

I was in the far left lane, against the jersey barrier. The boy ran onto the road from the left. I had NOWHERE TO GO to prevent him from literally running onto my hood.

It doesn't matter what the truth is, or who's really at fault.

They do what they please with you, and unless you can find the sympathy of someone in the press to defend you, you're fucked.

And oh, one more thing. No one comes to the defense of someone who hits a child. Even when it's not at all your fault, and he actually "hit" you.

Last edited by Avatard; 04-23-2010 at 10:42 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #15
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
I was coming home from dinner. I was doing the speed limit. I was in my car. My daughter was in the seat next to me.

A kid (her classmate, 11 yrs. old at the time) ran INTO THE HIGHWAY WITHOUT LOOKING, OPPOSITE THE CROSSWALK, AGAINST THE LIGHT, AT 10:00 PM on a school night.

Who got careless driving? Who lost their license for a year? Who had to go bankrupt? Who got sued for a million dollars? Who had their life ruined? Me.

Little piece of shit, and his greedy cunt mom ruined my life. The cop lied in court, and the Monmouth county prosecutor, through my lawyer threatened me, and told me if I didn't plead out, they would send me to jail.

I don't expect things will go much better for this guy. If you think it matters how fast he was going, or if was even his fucking fault, you're a fool.

Welcome to reality.

A crying mom can move mountains. It only takes the help of spineless men around her, who want her to stop crying.

Did I say the biker was at falt? I said he very well could be, not that he is. My point is, your condemning the girl who got hit, when in truth you dont know anymore about the case then I do.

We all know the law doesnt work the way it should, but that doesnt change the fact that in this case, we just dont have enough info to decide guilt one way or the other.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #16
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
...in this case, we just dont have enough info to decide guilt one way or the other.
You are right. There isn't enough info to decide. That didn't matter to the reporter though. I would like to give the rider the benefit of the doubt. I know how hard it is to see people on that part of the beach at night. I also know that bikes AND cars routinely travel at an unsafe speed in that spot. Also known is that pedestrians routinely cross wherever the hell they want on Pensacola Beach.

Everyone needs to slow down (motorists, pedestrians, etc) and drive with maybe more caution than normal. But we won't.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #17
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:

Welcome to reality.

That flat out sucks. It is also the sad reality of what decides too many jury trials in my opinion. Good luck dealing with the repercussions.

That being said though, who knows what happened in this instance. Could be the ped's fault or the biker's. That you were screwed doesn't mean this guy is getting screwed.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #18
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
And oh, one more thing. No one comes to the defense of someone who hits a child. Even when it's not at all your fault, and he actually "hit" you.
When I was 16, I was driving my car about mile from my house when two of the neighbor girls were on their bicycles ( on the correct side ) and a 9 year old girl on a 26" woman's bicycle was on the wrong side side of the road.

When I was about 50' in front of her ( I had slowed to 20 mph from the 35 I was doing ) , she turned directly infront of me. I locked up the brakes but she hit the front of my car, rolled up the hood and back off the front.

A neighbor heard the crash and called the ambulance. She had a broken jaw , broken arm and some cuts. Her parents came down from NYC to the local hospital she was at and were so thankful I stayed with her and made sure she got the care she needed.

Those kind parents waited until I turned 18 and then sued me for $150,000 ( a hell of a lot money in 1978 )

I lost the suit because I did NOT have full control of my motor vehicle.

~~~~~~~~~~

It won't matter if the cyclist in the original story was doing 15 under the speed limit, he's screwed.
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #19
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Its always about the children, stuff like this is a no win situation 99% of the time. my hous eis near a park and a school so I see th ekids wandering around aimlessly and more so yapping on their phones walking through the streets oblivious to whats around them.

Plus most times when a story like this comes out theyre almost always slanted against hte motorcyclist anyway.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #20
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:

Little shit took out your headlight.

Ah. A world where everybody's kid is perfect and does no wrong.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote