Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 03-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #11
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Looking back, I think if kids were picking on me in HS, I'd probably would have been contemplating their demise, not mine...so I'd have to agree that these kids may have "lucked out". On the other hand, School Administration FAIL.

Posting post-mortem taunts on her Facebook page? After you drove the girl to suicide?

How the girl's father has not gone postal is the miracle here. If it were my kid, there would be only one trial, and it would be mine.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #12
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherri_chickie View Post
I just read a book called " 19 minutes" about a boy who is bullied so viciously that he goes into a school and starts shooting. Does a good job of depicting a life of the bullied. Makes a person feel for the shooter actually!
Well, Tmall and I went to highschool together.

I'm not sure if he'd agree or not, but I would say a few kids would have been completely justified had they pumped us full of lead. We were horrible.

Im glad they didnt though.

I know its wrong now, but back then it was just good fun to us. We were idiots.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:51 PM   #13
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherri_chickie View Post
I just read a book called " 19 minutes" about a boy who is bullied so viciously that he goes into a school and starts shooting. Does a good job of depicting a life of the bullied. Makes a person feel for the shooter actually!
I read that book too.
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:09 PM   #14
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Sounds to me like she played the whore for a group of boys, and then got made fun of for it.

Of course thats speculation, but if it is the case, the charge is ridiculous. Anyway, being able to charge a minor for having sex with a minor is an idiotic law to begin with.
No that sounds like exactly what I was thinking. She slept around to get boys to like her, which totally works, but then she slept around too much and the girls started to dislike her.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #15
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Well, Tmall and I went to highschool together.

I'm not sure if he'd agree or not, but I would say a few kids would have been completely justified had they pumped us full of lead. We were horrible.

Im glad they didnt though.

I know its wrong now, but back then it was just good fun to us. We were idiots.
Now, I was never as bad as the rest of you dicks. But, I agree. I was an asshole kid and would have deserved whatever came back to me.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #16
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Now, I was never as bad as the rest of you dicks. But, I agree. I was an asshole kid and would have deserved whatever came back to me.
So who was it that put Lahey's cruiser into the trailer?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #17
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

So, where were her parents through all of this?
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #18
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Now, I was never as bad as the rest of you dicks..
If you werent, it was by a small gap, not a large one, thats for sure

Old 04-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #19
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

So I was thinking about this during jury duty today... I wonder if the extreme levels of bullying and the subsequent extreme reaction to the bullying has anything to do with the way kids are treated these days...

What I mean... there seems to be a dilliberate effort to give children super-egos. Little leagues don't keep score and everyone gets a trophy, parents trying to be friends instead of parents, no real discipline or accountability, etc... I wonder if this has anything to do with the kids having such emotional extremes... add buckets full of hormones and there you go...

Maybe the kids are keeping themselves in check like society should be... hmm...

That reminds me of something I remember hearing when I was very young... My old man coached youth football (then called midget football, but you cant say that any more)... His teams always dominated. I remember some parent one time bitching out my dad cause he didn't play his kid... my dad responded, "I play the ones who are the best and rotate in the others if needed"... the guy got pissed and said it was unfair... My dad's response, "ask the kids if they want to win... they will say yes... now ask them who needs to be in the game for them to win... they pick the same ones I play."

Are we born with the ability to decipher the pecking order and is our society creating monsters by trying to defeat that instinct?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #20
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
So I was thinking about this during jury duty today... I wonder if the extreme levels of bullying and the subsequent extreme reaction to the bullying has anything to do with the way kids are treated these days...

What I mean... there seems to be a dilliberate effort to give children super-egos. Little leagues don't keep score and everyone gets a trophy, parents trying to be friends instead of parents, no real discipline or accountability, etc... I wonder if this has anything to do with the kids having such emotional extremes... add buckets full of hormones and there you go...

Maybe the kids are keeping themselves in check like society should be... hmm...

That reminds me of something I remember hearing when I was very young... My old man coached youth football (then called midget football, but you cant say that any more)... His teams always dominated. I remember some parent one time bitching out my dad cause he didn't play his kid... my dad responded, "I play the ones who are the best and rotate in the others if needed"... the guy got pissed and said it was unfair... My dad's response, "ask the kids if they want to win... they will say yes... now ask them who needs to be in the game for them to win... they pick the same ones I play."

Are we born with the ability to decipher the pecking order and is our society creating monsters by trying to defeat that instinct?
Oh man, I agree completely on this new fucking method of teaching kids that everyone is a fucking winner. It disgusts me that they no longer keep score for children under 9 in hockey up here. This "there are no losers' way of doing things is ruining competitive spirit, not just in sport, but in life as well.

The last thing we should be teaching kids is that its ok to lose. Its a perfect way to instill poor work ethic in children. Why try your hardest to win if losing is acceptable?

Its even transferring over to school, where they no longer fail children in lower grades, because its 'bad for their self esteem'... So we end up with a bunch of children getting to grade 7, who cant fucking read, because noone wanted to hurt their feelings, and their parents didnt give a shit.

I should just stop here, because this topic gets my blood fucking boiling.