Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 01-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #11
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Before you turn it into a pot legalization thread the cartels like to major in much harder and profitable drugs. Pot is just a sideline...

that said how could a govt seemingly at war with tobacco manufacturers espouse legalized Marijuana? The anti smoking campaigns and legislation would be entirely conficting...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #12
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
And who is "the government"?

People, like you.

And exactly how are "innocent" people getting put in prison? That's like saying "innocent" speeders are getting tickets. If they broke the law, they're not innocent. If you don't like the laws, then fight to change them.
Save me the PBS after school special dude. Americans have been brainwashed for almost 100 years into believing that the narcotics on their list are bad. They don't know any better, they're gullible and they can get high off alcohol so why bother to look at it any farther?

People have been fighting to legalize drugs since they became illegal. The government does what it wants, when it wants.

And "I" am not the "government"
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #13
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Slice, you ever think if the Mexican's weren't importing drugs, the drug problem would be smaller?

I really dislike how the user gets blamed for Mexicans killing each other, when you could easily say that if the weren't growing it, there would be no market in the USA..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #14
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Before you turn it into a pot legalization thread the cartels like to major in much harder and profitable drugs. Pot is just a sideline...

that said how could a govt seemingly at war with tobacco manufacturers espouse legalized Marijuana? The anti smoking campaigns and legislation would be entirely conficting...
exactly, im still pissed about my kreteks
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:08 PM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Slice, you ever think if the Mexican's weren't importing drugs, the drug problem would be smaller?
All that would happen is it would cost more. Would that result in less users, maybe, but then other places/organizations would step up to fill Mexico's shoes.

Also, just because something is currently cheap and easy to get doesn't excuse the user of blame.

If you like it so much, take the risk of making your own.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #16
t-homo
WSB Champion

or buy from people who do grow their own.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #17
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Before you turn it into a pot legalization thread the cartels like to major in much harder and profitable drugs. Pot is just a sideline....
O rly?

Quote:
"...marijuana accounts for more than half the revenues of Mexican cartels."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...731506644.html

Quote:
It's only big-city liberals who are against tobacco...... Everyone else enjoys all the tax revenue they get from it, just like they COULD get from marijuana.

Last edited by Homeslice; 01-10-2010 at 02:27 PM..
Old 01-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #18
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
All that would happen is it would cost more. Would that result in less users, maybe, but then other places/organizations would step up to fill Mexico's shoes.

Also, just because something is currently cheap and easy to get doesn't excuse the user of blame.

If you like it so much, take the risk of making your own.
Now some of this I agree with. However, to blame some 21 year old kid who's buying schwag for $60 an oz for helping to finance terrorism or drug cartel murders is too far out there IMO. The current generation and last few had nothing to do with America's War on Drugs. And despite millions and millions of dollars (privately donated BTW) being donated in an effort to repeal said laws Fed Gov. has barely budged an inch. In fact, it had gotten steadily worse up until this year. At this point its an ego thing and a refusal to admit wrong doing and thousands of needlessly destroyed families and lives.

The mentality that you can put a guilty label on someone because they've broken an asinine law does not sit well with me. Yes, I understand the dictionary definition of the word guilty, however to label perpetrators of certain crimes as guilty carries a negative connotation despite the fact that the "guilty" party may have actually done nothing wrong.

Then you can take it down to a level of, "Is breaking any law always wrong." If you say yes then IMO that is a sign of your total submission to a corrupt and unjust government and system. You are saying that in order to be morally correct one must always follow the written laws of their society no matter the law or situation. You're granting corrupt and out of touch law makers a tremendous amount of power. But if you say no then you are acknowledging that it should be the population that has the power to overrule governmental tyranny and in the case of those that use illegal narcotics, oppression.

I believe we have one life to live and I'm not going to spend mine writing letters to Congressional aides hoping the government will allow me to do what I want at some point before I die. Sure, I'll debate it on the internet with you because other people's POV is interesting to me and I live to argue. However the illusion that I, at this point, can make some sort of difference is not something I share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
or buy from people who do grow their own.
You're talking about $50-60 an oz vs. $300 to 400 an oz. Most people can't afford home grown.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #19
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post

You're talking about $50-60 an oz vs. $300 to 400 an oz. Most people can't afford home grown.
Very true. Around here you can pick up mexican piss weed for 20-30 a quarter and california medical or homegrown for 50-60 an eighth. Huge price difference, but worth it because it takes much less to get you where you want to go.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #20
Homeslice
Elitist

Another article, claiming that marijuana = 61% of the cartels' revenue

Quote:
Walters said the U.S. government is seeking additional resources to prosecute traffickers of marijuana, which now earns cartels about $8.5 billion or about 61 percent of their annual estimated income of $13.8 billion. Cocaine sales earn the cartels about $3.9 billion, and methamphetamine about $1 billion, he said.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/topstor...21217072_x.htm

Shit, they have even loaded pickup trucks full of the stuff onto 18-wheeler car carriers, backed up the 18-wheeler up to the border fence, dropped the ramp, and roll the pickup trucks over the fence, while shooting automatic weapons at Border Patrol to try and give the pickup trucks cover while they drive away. Doesn't sound like a side business to me.