Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #11
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

American women have done a lot to prove that they're equal to men. That they even don't need men. It should come as no surprise that some American men are going overseas to seek women with more traditional family values, and goals.

There are still countries where raising a family is more important to women than breaking the glass ceiling at some Fortune 500. I personally think true happiness for women lies in a fair compromise somewhere in-between, but I can understand both sides.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #12
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
American women have done a lot to prove that they're equal to men. That they even don't need men. It should come as no surprise that some American men are going overseas to seek women with more traditional family values, and goals.

There are still countries where raising a family is more important to women than breaking the glass ceiling at some Fortune 500. I personally think true happiness for women lies in a fair compromise somewhere in-between, but I can understand both sides.
That is part of it, but there is a lot more to it than just Type A personalities I think. A significant portion of American women seem to have unreasonable expectations about what they will "settle for" in a mate. Plenty of them want to do absolutely nothing. While busy doing that nothing they expect a guy to make a bunch of money, look like Brad Pitt, take them out all the time (doing nothing gets monotonous), make significant contributions to "managing the home", and generally revolve his life around keeping that woman in the "lifestyle to which she is accustomed". It isn't something I would ever do, but I can understand why it would be an attractive option for some guys.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #13
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
She's leaning on a Chevy...how Russian can she be?
Uh, Chevys are sold in Russia.

http://www.chevrolet.ru/

--

Those girls are hot. Do they take American Express?
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #14
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Uh, Chevys are sold in Russia.

http://www.chevrolet.ru/
...And is humor used wherever you live?

You can buy a Chevy anywhere on planet Earth, even if it has to be imported there.

Some of the things I say, are these things called "jokes".
Old 01-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #15
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
...And is humor used wherever you live?

You can buy a Chevy anywhere on planet Earth, even if it has to be imported there.

Some of the things I say, are these things called "jokes".
It was so far from funny, and you are so generally devoid of any positive energy, I figured it wasn't. Keep on keepin' on!
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #16
AquaPython
put it THIS way

i have heard that it is a scam / nightmare sort of thing where the woman is a total bitch, just using you for papers, not putting out etc...
Old 01-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #17
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
i have heard that it is a scam / nightmare sort of thing where the woman is a total bitch, just using you for papers, not putting out etc...
That can cause issues. A few years back there was a guy in Toronto who married a Romanian stripper, who was here on a work visa. (Yes, the Canadian government used to give strippers work visas. We're very civic minded up here). Well she put out fine until they got married, then she was in the wind. He got the marriage annulled and there went her visa too.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #18
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Tsunami and I are gonna hang out someday, and she's gonna pretend to be my chinese mail-order bride!

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #19
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
It was so far from funny, and you are so generally devoid of any positive energy, I figured it wasn't. Keep on keepin' on!
Well, the All Points Bulletin comment about her ass MIGHT have been a clue that the post was just humor, but who knows...maybe they'll find her ass, and your sense of humor.

Do you consider yourself a conservative? They apparently sometimes have a little problem with certain types of humor. e.g.: http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=12456

I need to remember to use more smilies for the humor impaired...
Old 01-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #20
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
There are some of these, the guys I know that have done it have had kids with their "wives." The one guy that keeps magazines for them at his desk came out of a pretty brutal divorce with an American wife that he always complained about not getting any and now seems plenty happy and has 2 kids with his new wife. He does send a pretty good size check each month to South America though. He supports her family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote