Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #11
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

yes, yes they are. if loan sharking is going to be legal now then why cant all of the illegal shit that i like to do be legal. i'm going to go out and send letters to immigrant women asking them to sign a contract to be shipped here, stripped of their possesions and forced to work as prostitutes (in states that legally allow it) i mean shit, they should have known better before signing the contract right?
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #12
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

High risk = High Interest rate
If the government wants to step in and screw with a companies abilty to deal with risk then I would recomend they do what they do in commercial segments.
Nail the high risk consumer with fees.

If a consumer is serious about trying to rebuild there credit and earn the trust of lenders then they should be willing to pay.

If the government is serious about pushing financial institutions to lend more in order to get the economy going then perhaps they should shut the fuck up. the other option for high risk people is to not issue them a CC or loan at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #13
Dragonpaco
Alleged Puppy Pimper

Moto: Shadow 750 Ace

i kind of dont want to do this. you guys have heard every point in the damn book from the verizon bill thread. this is the same thing except people who are irresponsible are being targeted instead of coincidentally pulled in. read over the facts, let your conscience be your guide and all that bullshit. i have better things to do... /attention span
Opinions are nothing like assholes, opinions are like vaginas, less then half of everyone has one, everyone else uses one that isn't their own, and there is no better way to fit in or be cast out than to share yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I don't give a fuck if it's Hitler cake, it's still CAKE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You can come back here with me after the rally and do it!!!
Dragonpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #14
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I agree with Dragon. If you're going to make loan sharking legal then just make it legal all the way around. You shouldn't have to own a building with a vault and tellers to be a loan shark.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #15
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

So what will they do when people who already default on much lower interest rate cards default on this? Subprime lending is all about lending to people who've already proven they can;t pay. They should just give people the money, then immediately break their pinkie, and send them on their way. It saves everyone time and hassle.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #16
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Good luck with collections, that's all I'm going to say.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #17
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Comparing a high interest rate with forcing someone to be a prostitute? I love internet analogies.

The APR is clear for the person signing up for the card, there is 0 ambiguity about it. In fact, a 79.9% APR is much more clear and potentially cheaper than "initiation fees, admin fees, account maintenance fees, etc."

If someone is really trying to rebuild their credit, this card gives them a chance to do so FREE if they pay their bill in full and on time (recommended for rebuilding credit, unless you're an idiot). If I were in their shoes, I'd take that over paying $256 in fees for a $300 credit limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Good luck with collections, that's all I'm going to say.
Exactly. They know that's a write-off already, so they have to make their money back in other ways.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:35 AM   #18
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Comparing a high interest rate with forcing someone to be a prostitute? I love internet analogies.

The APR is clear for the person signing up for the card, there is 0 ambiguity about it. In fact, a 79.9% APR is much more clear and potentially cheaper than "initiation fees, admin fees, account maintenance fees, etc."

If someone is really trying to rebuild their credit, this card gives them a chance to do so FREE if they pay their bill in full and on time (recommended for rebuilding credit, unless you're an idiot). If I were in their shoes, I'd take that over paying $256 in fees for a $300 credit limit.

Exactly. They know that's a write-off already, so they have to make their money back in other ways.

What if it gets sent to someone who is mentally incabable of understanding, but does it anyways?
In canada, they passed laws against interest rates like this.
http://www.paliareroland.com/pdfs/MB...ed%20Claim.pdf

And it is a criminal charge, not a civil charge.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #19
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
In The Divine Comedy Dante places the usurers in the inner ring of the seventh circle of hell, below even suicides. (Showing how cultural attitudes have changed since the 14th century, the usurers' ring was shared only by the blasphemers and sodomites.)
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #20
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
What if it gets sent to someone who is mentally incabable of understanding, but does it anyways?
In canada, they passed laws against interest rates like this.
http://www.paliareroland.com/pdfs/MB...ed%20Claim.pdf

And it is a criminal charge, not a civil charge.
If someone is mentally incapable of understanding a binding contract, there are laws protecting them here in the US, too. As there should be.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote