Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
I stayed in Montego Bay for about a week and we didn't stay at a resort, just a regular hotel.

It's just like all the other tourist countries.

Really nice at the resorts and the beaches(Doctors Cave beach is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen), you will get hassled to buy weed and to braid your girls hair near the touristy places and then when you get farther away from the tourist stuff they just wonder why the damn Americans are wandering around unsupervised.

I'd go again.
hahahaha! Yea it's the same in Mexico. Me and an Army buddy rode from El Paso to a few resort towns in Mexico and every time we stopped in some crappy Pueblo, they eye-balled us like we were crazy.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #12
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Really nice at the resorts and the beaches(Doctors Cave beach is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen), you will get hassled to buy weed and to braid your girls hair near the touristy places and then when you get farther away from the tourist stuff they just wonder why the damn Americans are wandering around unsupervised.
That about sums it up.

We rented a scooter and went up into the hills. People were like ,WTF are you doing up here?

JC
Old 12-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #13
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
That about sums it up.

We rented a scooter and went up into the hills. People were like ,WTF are you doing up here?

JC

You know what I just remembered way up in the hills we drove over a river and they were doing wooden raft rides on the river. It looked amazing, but we were not there for tourism, so we didn't really have time to do it, but I would have loved to.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #14
CasterTroy

Had a buddy vacation in Jamaica last year and he rented a little 4x4 to take into the mountains.

He said he got pretty far out and stopped to ask directions, and scored some of the best weed he's ever had

Otherwise it was ditto what everyone else said.

Bike week is a blast if you know where to go and what to do while you're there. Granted I've always gone with Brian and his sister lives near the airport and we’d stay for free...and she always knows what’s going on, and where/when so it makes the trip fun as hell...but if you didn't know where everything was and when, it's not nearly as enjoyable.

I’m not sure if I’ll ever go back to bike week now though.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Had a buddy vacation in Jamaica last year and he rented a little 4x4 to take into the mountains.

He said he got pretty far out and stopped to ask directions, and scored some of the best weed he's ever had

Otherwise it was ditto what everyone else said.

Bike week is a blast if you know where to go and what to do while you're there. Granted I've always gone with Brian and his sister lives near the airport and we’d stay for free...and she always knows what’s going on, and where/when so it makes the trip fun as hell...but if you didn't know where everything was and when, it's not nearly as enjoyable.

I’m not sure if I’ll ever go back to bike week now though.
Yea I've been about 9 times for Bike Week/ Spring Break so I know all of the spots, where to go, etc. Plus, if we spend $2,000 you KNOW you had a fucking good time in Daytona! I can make the Daytona trip a very good one for my GF so I'm not sure what to decide... She's taking exams this week so we'll discuss it further this weekend and decide by next week. Either way, we need to get our reservations in asap.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:34 PM   #16
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Ive been to Jamaica a few times, if you are going to sandals in mmontego bay dont stayat that resort, its at the end of a runway and planes fly overhead all day. Any other sandals are great. Negril and Ochos Rios are best. I'll write more when i get back tonight but here is a video from my last trip

http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...et-303026.html
Old 12-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #17
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Personally if I go to the Caribbean again, it's going to be a stay on Tortuga. I am renting a dual sport on St. Thomas (there is a place that rents 200s or 250s, can't remember which, don't settle for a shitty scooter) for a week and staying on Tortuga. You can hop a ferry to St Thomas and the surrounding islands and the roads on Tortuga are flat out bad ass. The main road is on top the ridge and you got to take these curvy little bastard roads down to the coastal areas.

It's like a 30 min ferry ride from St. Thomas to Tortuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #18
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

just to add one thing about Jamaica...according to the cabbies, every run down shack is the one where Bob Marley was born.

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #19
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

My husband keeps saying something about renting a yacht in the Caribbean to take me on a mystical honeymoon that he owes me... I think that's the only way I would go back. I've done the resort thing, and while it was nice - I don't like people. And, dammit - everytime I venture out of my room there are people there.

Daytona is just another bike week. It's not that it's a bad thing, it's just over-rated IMHO. I would certainly choose the Caribbean over bike week ANYDAY, but then - I don't like people

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:21 AM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
My husband keeps saying something about renting a yacht in the Caribbean to take me on a mystical honeymoon that he owes me... I think that's the only way I would go back. I've done the resort thing, and while it was nice - I don't like people. And, dammit - everytime I venture out of my room there are people there.

Daytona is just another bike week. It's not that it's a bad thing, it's just over-rated IMHO. I would certainly choose the Caribbean over bike week ANYDAY, but then - I don't like people
Well if you've never been, it's an experience.