http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFFGym2jpLk
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #12
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I posted the mods necessary to eliminate those problems... but okay. I changed a front tire in 45 deg weather Sunday, no problems.
Ya I can't find the rim grips to clamp it down, and everytime I ziptie various pieces of plastic to the tire iron, they never hold in place or the ziptie breaks thus fail. Thankfully they've not yet fucked anything up beyond repair. "FUABR"
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Wow this video looks ever so familiar....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Ya I can't find the rim grips to clamp it down, and everytime I ziptie various pieces of plastic to the tire iron, they never hold in place or the ziptie breaks thus fail. Thankfully they've not yet fucked anything up beyond repair. "FUABR"
Well, Mojo Blocks sells them for $30 shipped and they work great! As far as the bar goes, I taped plastic to the removal side and I don't have any problems with the zip tie/plastic mod.

http://home.comcast.net/~prestondrake/mojoblocks.htm
Old 12-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #15
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
I'm going to buy the No-Mar setup soon. You're welcome to swing by anytime you like to use it. If I'll trust it with Marchesini magnesium wheels, I think your motard wheels will e safe.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:46 AM   #16
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
everytime I ziptie various pieces of plastic to the tire iron, they never hold in place or the ziptie breaks thus fail.
Quote:
Well, Mojo Blocks sells them for $30 shipped and they work great! As far as the bar goes, I taped plastic to the removal side and I don't have any problems with the zip tie/plastic mod.
Mojo blocks are great, I did my first change with them last week. It took less time to do 2 tires than it used to take to get the top bead of the front wheel seated.

You both should look into the bar Dave makes (a local guy up here in NC). It's at least 100x better than the one HF gives you: http://no-scufftiretool.com/index.html
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:51 AM   #17
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Plus you may be able to use the 20% off coupon as well! Take that, Gas Man!!! Just Kidding Chris, you have to admit, that's pretty fucking cheap-especially if you can get it for about $250 otd!
Hey Tig. I hear ya. But trust me... there are some big differences in those vs any of the more commercial units like I have. Yes one is price. But you know how I feel about you get what you pay for.

For $250 its a good deal. And still far better than just using front/rear stands.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #18
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I'm going to buy the No-Mar setup soon. You're welcome to swing by anytime you like to use it. If I'll trust it with Marchesini magnesium wheels, I think your motard wheels will e safe.
NO mar FTW I had the HF set up and wasnt able to mount it to anything being I lived in a rented house. tire swaps were doable but a major PITA.

Swapped 2 tires with the no mar and have it on a plywood base I built and it went so much better so its well worth it IMO and now with a track bike, tourer/commuter and another street bike its well worth it.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
NO mar FTW I had the HF set up and wasnt able to mount it to anything being I lived in a rented house. tire swaps were doable but a major PITA.

Swapped 2 tires with the no mar and have it on a plywood base I built and it went so much better so its well worth it IMO and now with a track bike, tourer/commuter and another street bike its well worth it.

Hey to each his own! BTW I live in a rental and mounted my changer...I doubt they are going to notice a couple 1/4'' holes in the concrete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Hey Tig. I hear ya. But trust me... there are some big differences in those vs any of the more commercial units like I have. Yes one is price. But you know how I feel about you get what you pay for.

For $250 its a good deal. And still far better than just using front/rear stands.
Yea that's cheaper than a set of Pit Bulls!
Old 12-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #20
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Hey to each his own! BTW I live in a rental and mounted my changer...I doubt they are going to notice a couple 1/4'' holes in the concrete.

Yea that's cheaper than a set of Pit Bulls!
If you knew my LL you would see why, its a miracle I didnt bludgeon him with the mount/dismount bar

Plus with the eplywood base I can at least move it around the garage and ever break i tdown so I can make floor space if needed.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote