Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #11
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Dick's Sporting Goods has SEVERAL nice ladies' beginner sets, especially this time of year, running anywhere from (on sale) like $100 - $500.
I was in there yesterday and they had 1 set of ladies clubs. It was cheap $250 I think, but I wanted a little more selection.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #12
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

almost any of the big box sports stores or dept stores will carry decent sets for under $200.

I got my g/f a set at farm and fleet of all places. she still uses it and likes it. came with a bag and then i got her the cart to tote it around.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #13
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

I would also vote to start off cheap until she decides she likes it and wants to continue. We always want to upgrade equipment at some point so find something used or new/cheap, lots of people decide/discover its not for them after spending tons of money on stuff.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #14
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Has your wife every played before?

I played my first 2 rounds on a cheap set and was hooked. I was fortunate enough to get a good set for Christmas from my parents.

And like Apoc said, while she's the same height she will not have the same swing style or delivery.

I have a set of Wilson Fat Shafts and have been very happy with them. Just get a set of reasonably priced irons and add on things like a putter and driver later.

Oh and you can get great deals on bags at this time of year too.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #15
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Has your wife every played before?

I played my first 2 rounds on a cheap set and was hooked. I was fortunate enough to get a good set for Christmas from my parents.

And like Apoc said, while she's the same height she will not have the same swing style or delivery.

I have a set of Wilson Fat Shafts and have been very happy with them. Just get a set of reasonably priced irons and add on things like a putter and driver later.

Oh and you can get great deals on bags at this time of year too.
No she has never played before.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #16
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Try sites like Craigslist too. You can sometimes get a whole set of really good clubs cheap!

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #17
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
No she has never played before.
Hmmm....okay well that sort of changes it a bit. Just in that you don't really know if she'll like it or not.

I knew that I loved it. If I could give up work to golf every day I would. I'm smitten with golf. So spending more on a set wasn't a wasted investment with me.

Can you go to a golf store (we have Golf Town in Canada) and get her to swing a few clubs? It's well worth it. I'd never want someone to buy me clubs without having first gone and been fitted and tried them out.

So maybe this isn't a christmas gift idea.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #18
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I was in there yesterday and they had 1 set of ladies clubs. It was cheap $250 I think, but I wanted a little more selection.
Oh wow, your Dick's sucks!! (no pun intended )
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #19
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

Everyone has said it, start off cheap and go from there. If she does fall in love with it a good thing to get for her would be a custom set of clubs, with her height an off the rack set of clubs will make the game a bit more challenging. That's what my problem has been. Being 6'4" its hard to get a set of clubs where I'm not hunched over like Quasimoto. I've searched for a custom club builder and if found prices of $50 a club, which is a very good price for a custom measured club.

Good Luck

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #20
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb View Post
Everyone has said it, start off cheap and go from there. If she does fall in love with it a good thing to get for her would be a custom set of clubs, with her height an off the rack set of clubs will make the game a bit more challenging. That's what my problem has been. Being 6'4" its hard to get a set of clubs where I'm not hunched over like Quasimoto. I've searched for a custom club builder and if found prices of $50 a club, which is a very good price for a custom measured club.

Good Luck

That is a damn good price!!!!! Mine were almost triple that.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote