Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-23-2009, 12:44 AM   #11
Antwanny
WERA White Plate

Get a better diet and workout plan. whey protein is always good. And muscle milk after workouts when you cant eat properly.
Antwanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:14 AM   #12
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8

I take the Gaspari N02 I think it is called super pump. Usually around 40 bucks.
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #13
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
Niacin, Vitamin B3, seems to do the same thing. "Niacin causes your capillaries (small blood vessels) in your body to get wider (bigger)." From the following article: http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/niacin-flush.html
Dont forget Arginine, Beta-alanine, L-Citrulline malate, and L-Tyrosine.

All for the "greatest feeling you can get in a gym"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzI-UQ-JsaQ
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #14
Rider
Moto GP Star

Have you tried Creatine? Are you getting a good night sleep(8hrs)?
Are you alternating your routine? I wouldn't waste my money on these so called supplements. Stick to the ones proven to work.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #15
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Past five or six weeks I've been on a very high protein, low fat / low carb diet. Lots of whey, soy, lean meats, and vegetables. And I'm not looking or feeling any different than I did when I ate like crap. Other guys at the gym are advancing while I feel like I'm going backwards; even when I put a day or two between lifting sessions, I feel weaker and more tired than the last time I was there.

Maybe one of these vein-expanding supplements will give me some energy.
1. Are you getting 6-8 hr sleep a day..every day?
2. Stop staring at other guys in the gym. At first...its a compliment, then its just creepy. If you are gonna look, start a conversation or just fuck off.
weirdo.
3. "Past five to six weeks". You have a competition coming up? You spacing out your muscle groups properly? You grouping them together right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:09 AM   #16
Rider
Moto GP Star

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Age plays a role too.
One other question about your workouts, are you sure you are using correct form? Make sure you are getting a good negative on each rep. Don't ever bounce the weights. Slow controlled movement making sure you are isolating the muscle group you are working.

One example that I see very often are when guys are working their biceps. They are using too heavy of weights and they are swinging the weights with not just their arms but they are putting a lot of back into it. Bad form and you can injure your back doing that.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #17
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
No. I haven't tried anything, I'm completely green when it comes to supplements (unless you count protein shakes).

No, I still sleep like crap. I realize that this is part of the problem, but it still defies logic that better diet + vigorous exercise does not = at least some results.

I'm talking about guys who showed up at the gym after I was already there, were in worse shape than I was, do less in the gym than I do, and are now in better shape than I am. Very frustrating.

I've made a big change in my diet these past five to six weeks. Prior to that, if you recall from my weight loss thread, I was doing that Slimfast shit for six weeks or so. And prior to that, I was just eating pretty much whatever I wanted. What I don't understand is that I feel and perform identically regardless of what I consume.

As for spacing my muscle groups, I'm not too specific. I just break it down by upper and lower. Back, arms, shoulders, etc one session, legs and core the next, though I do some of the same warm-up exercises for both (always start with 35-45 minutes on the elliptical and a couple sets of pull-ups / dips... helps wake me up).

Your biggest obstacle is going to be the sleep deprivation. Without rest, your body is not going to recover properly.
Its not going to matter what you do. You may see small gains here and there but your first priority is to take care of your sleep issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #18
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I'll be 29 in January.

What's an ideal testosterone level for someone my age? I had some lab work done in August and my level came back as 442 ng/dL. The reference range for "normal" on the paper I was given is 241-827.
I have no idea, I've never had mine checked.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:49 AM   #19
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

That's pretty normal. It varies. I've had mine checked and it registered 290 once, 350 once and 550 once.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #20
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Your biggest obstacle is going to be the sleep deprivation. Without rest, your body is not going to recover properly.
Its not going to matter what you do. You may see small gains here and there but your first priority is to take care of your sleep issues.
Ditto

And take a week off every 5-6 weeks to recover.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote