Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 09-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #11
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Abstinence only policies plus Catholic teachings that many Mexicans follow equals 15 year olds with kids.
Not to mention "a woman's role in life is to be a mother"
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:31 AM   #12
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Abstinence only policies plus Catholic teachings that many Mexicans follow equals 15 year olds with kids.
Catholic teachings that include that having sex before marriage is a sin, you mean?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #13
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Catholic teachings that include that having sex before marriage is a sin, you mean?
Sure. But as far as I know all Christian denominations teach that.
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #14
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
I believe the point being made is that the current sex education system coupled with catholic teachings foster ignorance toward sexual activity.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #15
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I believe the point being made is that the current sex education system coupled with catholic teachings foster ignorance toward sexual activity.
I understand the implication, but to consider the one point in a vacuum is to be disingenuous. It is taught in Catholicism (all sub-denominations I'm aware of) that sex outside of marriage is a sin. If you're going to blame one aspect of the religion for causing the problem, then you have to also recognize the aspect that should counter balance that.

The problem is teens having sex.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #16
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The problem is teens having sex without protection.

the Pope still hangs on to his lame opinions against birth control.

Last edited by Homeslice; 09-02-2009 at 10:58 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #17
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I understand the implication, but to consider the one point in a vacuum is to be disingenuous. It is taught in Catholicism (all sub-denominations I'm aware of) that sex outside of marriage is a sin. If you're going to blame one aspect of the religion for causing the problem, then you have to also recognize the aspect that should counter balance that.

The problem is teens having sex.
What Catholicism teaches is completely unrealistic. They're making sex into an extreme taboo and therefore making teenagers want to have sex THAT much more. If they (the church) treated teenagers with respect and offered intelligent advice to avoid teen pregnancy while still encouraging them not to have sex I believe the numbers would be lower.

The church is definitely not the only problem, but they're up there at the top. Real education can be a long term fix in most problems and this is one of them. These kids learn about sex by doing it, not through proper education. Many will say it is not the churches role to teach sex education and I agree, but they put themselves in the game by demanding abstinence only programs in the face of ever rising STD and pregnancy rates. Now that they're in the ball game its time to change the game plan.

Kids are going to fuck, period. Some of those lil Mexican girls are smoking hot and you can see the line of boys, boners protruding, waiting to stick it in. Archaic religious beliefs only intensify that by making it taboo. Lets get these kids some education and some free condoms and let 'em have it...because that's what they're doing now...only without the condoms.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 09-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #18
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
What Catholicism teaches is completely unrealistic. They're making sex into an extreme taboo and therefore making teenagers want to have sex THAT much more. If they (the church) treated teenagers with respect and offered intelligent advice to avoid teen pregnancy while still encouraging them not to have sex I believe the numbers would be lower.

The church is definitely not the only problem, but they're up there at the top. Real education can be a long term fix in most problems and this is one of them. These kids learn about sex by doing it, not through proper education. Many will say it is not the churches role to teach sex education and I agree, but they put themselves in the game by demanding abstinence only programs in the face of ever rising STD and pregnancy rates. Now that they're in the ball game its time to change the game plan.

Kids are going to fuck, period. Some of those lil Mexican girls are smoking hot and you can see the line of boys, boners protruding, waiting to stick it in. Archaic religious beliefs only intensify that by making it taboo. Lets get these kids some education and some free condoms and let 'em have it...because that's what they're doing now...only without the condoms.
Much of what you say applies to one hell of a lot of the various Christian faiths, and yet Catholicism is constantly singled out.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #19
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Much of what you say applies to one hell of a lot of the various Christian faiths, and yet Catholicism is constantly singled out.
Because that's what most of the reproducing Mexican children in question are.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #20
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
This is pretty clear. If we want to beat Houston we need to start having sex with more underage girls.
If you can't beat them, join them.

Any houses for sale down there?