Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
The sexiest thing that ever came out of her mouth was when she told me she didn't vote because she didn't know enough about either guy to make a good decision.
Seriously? I would think to myself why didn't she find out things about either guy to make a decision.

Intelligence is a huge factor for me too.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Seriously? I would think to myself why didn't she find out things about either guy to make a decision.

I'm guessing it has to do with priorities. Obviously politics aren't important to her. I'd rather people not vote then just vote for the one with the best hair or the prettier wife.

I fail to see how knowing about politics OR current events makes you more intelligent. If that is a priority to you, great...but that doesn't make you intelligent, nor does the lack of interest make you unintelligent. Rocket scientists might not know or care about what is going on in the Philippines at any given moment, but no one would ever question their intelligence.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:

Some people just don't care about politics and/or are too disgusted by the whole thing to even bother. I think those 'vote or die' people are some of the dumbest in the world. It's quite smart to recognize that you don't have enough information to make a decision rather than just picking the guy you like most.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

oh yeah, Z is christian and i'm pretty much agnostic
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

To me I guess it really depends on how stong their beliefs are. We don't have to agree on everything or have the same upbringing but if they believe like some on this forum when it comes to political views and voice their opinion at every chance they get...again like some on this forum and refuse to have an open mind about it then no...it would not work.

Last edited by z06boy; 10-20-2009 at 09:25 AM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Had an interesting conversation with a male friend. He told me I'd be dateable to him but I'm too much of a "lefty" in his opinion.

Just made me curious. I've never considered political views when evaluating a partner. I probably gravitate to those closer in line to my own views. But then I've seen some real opposites get together.

So how important are they to you? Do you have similar views with your SO? Do you care? Are there certain "big" items you need to have in line and the rest is inconsequential?
Well, the two relationships I've had where she had very hard and fast religious/spiritual/political views went to hell. Sadly, I just don't give a damn about those topics, so someone that does is likely to get pissed at me
Old 10-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #7
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Leon and I have pretty much the same political view....

The religion thing.....well I was raised Roman Catholic ( Not religious at all now) and he is Jewish. It doesn't seem to be an issue with us.

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakel View Post
The religion thing.....well I was raised Roman Catholic ( Not religious at all now) and he is Jewish. It doesn't seem to be an issue with us.

Thats funny....Leon doesn't LOOK druish

Old 10-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #9
Rider
Moto GP Star

My wife and I don't see eye to eye on political views and it does become a source of contention at times. She is more liberal, I am more conservative. It's not the worst thing in the world though. We share our views with each other and we have agreed to disagree many times. It just depends on how well you deal with someone who disagrees with you on politics.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #10
Leon
WERA Yellow Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Thats funny....Leon doesn't LOOK druish

I've got a better haircut.

I don't talk politics with Kell.