Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-31-2009, 09:18 PM   #11
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
What if you toss in the 8900 against the Bold? My brother has a 8900 and likes it. I was hoping the 9520 would be released but it hasn't happened yet and I want/need a new phone sometime soon.

What about the Nokia E71 compared to the Bold and 8900?

James
Between the 8900 and the Bold, the Bold still has the better processor and 3G over the 8900. I'm not sure if the 8900 has WiFi or not. If I'm not mistaken, they're both running OS 4.6. The 8900 is a little smaller in form factor, but that's one of those things that would be personal preference more than anything else. For the moment, the Bold is the flagship Blackberry in terms of performance, with a processor and hardware that puts it at the top.

I don't know much about the E71. I hear there are a lot of people who like the OS on it, but I have no experience with it.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:25 PM   #12
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Between the 8900 and the Bold, the Bold still has the better processor and 3G over the 8900. I'm not sure if the 8900 has WiFi or not. If I'm not mistaken, they're both running OS 4.6. The 8900 is a little smaller in form factor, but that's one of those things that would be personal preference more than anything else. For the moment, the Bold is the flagship Blackberry in terms of performance, with a processor and hardware that puts it at the top.

I don't know much about the E71. I hear there are a lot of people who like the OS on it, but I have no experience with it.
Yes the 8900 does have wifi. My brother has it and likes it. He thinks I would like the Bold. The larger phone doesn't bother me to much. I went from a small Nokia to a Treo 650. I like a larger screen. But I do like the 8900 for the little bit I used it when my brother was here one day.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:32 PM   #13
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Yes the 8900 does have wifi. My brother has it and likes it. He thinks I would like the Bold. The larger phone doesn't bother me to much. I went from a small Nokia to a Treo 650. I like a larger screen. But I do like the 8900 for the little bit I used it when my brother was here one day.

James
I think the 8900 is an excellent evolution on the Curve. The keyboard is excellent, a little better in feel and spacing than the Bold, IMHO, and the screen is really sharp. If I had to choose between the two, I'd have a tough time picking one over the other. The 3G is the only thing that really pushes the nod towards the Bold, but when I was on ATT, their 3G was useless, so that's kind of a wash. Otherwise, I think I could go either way. Fortunately (or unfortunately I supposed) I'm on Verizon and neither phone are offered, though variations of the two are coming, and now that the OS situation is sorted, my Storm has been rock solid and excellent.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 PM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
I think the 8900 is an excellent evolution on the Curve. The keyboard is excellent, a little better in feel and spacing than the Bold, IMHO, and the screen is really sharp. If I had to choose between the two, I'd have a tough time picking one over the other. The 3G is the only thing that really pushes the nod towards the Bold, but when I was on ATT, their 3G was useless, so that's kind of a wash. Otherwise, I think I could go either way. Fortunately (or unfortunately I supposed) I'm on Verizon and neither phone are offered, though variations of the two are coming, and now that the OS situation is sorted, my Storm has been rock solid and excellent.
What OS are you currently using? Me and Ebbs are on .109. Been thinking of trying .113, but I hear the battery issue is back and that's my problem on most of the OS leaks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:46 PM   #15
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
What OS are you currently using? Me and Ebbs are on .109. Been thinking of trying .113, but I hear the battery issue is back and that's my problem on most of the OS leaks.
I'm on .113. The battery has been fine for me, but my signal has been hit or miss. I did a full on wipe with JL_Cmdr and a fresh install and that seems to have fixed, but I'm giving it another week to see if another leak comes out or an official one hits, then I'm going back to .109 if the signal problem comes back.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #16
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
The thing is I have never been interested in a BlackBerry at all. After looking at the Storm many times and hearing that it could be coming to Rogers I kinda picked that as my next phone. My brother doesn't think I will be happy with a all touch screen phone. Now they are saying its not coming, so now I need to look again.

Before that I was set on the Treo Pro.

It has never been this hard for me to pick a damn phone.

I would like to keep a full keyboard, unless I can get my hands a Storm. Wifi would be nice as well. One thing that is making me ease up on my no BlackBerry thing is the email.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 03-31-2009, 09:51 PM   #17
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

i just got the bold about 2 weeks ago. i absolutley love it. the only thing i'm not a fan of is the battery life...way too short. but other than that. i am so happy with it

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:56 PM   #18
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
The thing is I have never been interested in a BlackBerry at all. After looking at the Storm many times and hearing that it could be coming to Rogers I kinda picked that as my next phone. My brother doesn't think I will be happy with a all touch screen phone. Now they are saying its not coming, so now I need to look again.

Before that I was set on the Treo Pro.

It has never been this hard for me to pick a damn phone.

I would like to keep a full keyboard, unless I can get my hands a Storm. Wifi would be nice as well. One thing that is making me ease up on my no BlackBerry thing is the email.

James
Before I got a Pearl, I had no use for Blackberry. It seemed like a bunch of shit just kinda thrown on the phone for the sake of throwing a bunch of shit on a phone. The Pearl was something I happened into because my mother hated it because it was too confusing to her, so I swapped out my LG Shine (not a bad phone really) so I wouldn't get the endless calls asking how to do this and that. After getting over the learning curve, I've found the Blackberry OS to be incredibly robust and effective in all terms, and the phones themselves are well made.

If you're not in a rush, there's a model coming out near the end of the year that will be the combination of a touch screen and a physical keyboard, blending the best aspects of the Storm and the Bold. It's hitting Verizon here in the states, and should make it to one of the major Canadian carriers shortly after. It seems like it may be a viable solution for you. Otherwise, if Rogers is getting the 8900, I'd recommend that one if 3G isn't an issue.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:25 PM   #19
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb View Post
i just got the bold about 2 weeks ago. i absolutley love it. the only thing i'm not a fan of is the battery life...way too short. but other than that. i am so happy with it
How long will it last you? With my Treo I was going all day texting like crazy (no surfing after I received my cell bill after my daughter was born. ), plus a lot of phone calls and have power at the end of the day. I think I could go a day and half if I used it a lot but I charged it every night so I was good to go all day.

James
Old 03-31-2009, 10:38 PM   #20
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Before I got a Pearl, I had no use for Blackberry. It seemed like a bunch of shit just kinda thrown on the phone for the sake of throwing a bunch of shit on a phone. The Pearl was something I happened into because my mother hated it because it was too confusing to her, so I swapped out my LG Shine (not a bad phone really) so I wouldn't get the endless calls asking how to do this and that. After getting over the learning curve, I've found the Blackberry OS to be incredibly robust and effective in all terms, and the phones themselves are well made.

If you're not in a rush, there's a model coming out near the end of the year that will be the combination of a touch screen and a physical keyboard, blending the best aspects of the Storm and the Bold. It's hitting Verizon here in the states, and should make it to one of the major Canadian carriers shortly after. It seems like it may be a viable solution for you. Otherwise, if Rogers is getting the 8900, I'd recommend that one if 3G isn't an issue.
We have the 8900 now. My brother bought his a few weeks ago. They go for $225/3 year. Bold is $300/3 year. For some reason I thought that the Bold was $50 cheaper. They might have to kiss my ass on that one. Still not sure. The big problem is when I try the phones out I feel lost. And I want to touch the screen. I'm starting to get over that part but I'm not sure yet.

As far as waiting till the end of the year, my Treo started acting up a couple of months ago so I can't use (well I can but its a pain in the ass now) it anymore. This means I'm stuck with my wifes Nokia 5300. I hate her phone. I didn't mind it when it was her phone but I hate using it myself. So waiting to the end of the year might not be possible.

If I get one I might get one for her as well. I was thinking the Pearl for her but she likes the Pearl flip. I don't know what it is with people and those damn flip phones. I haven't liked flip phones since day one. But if she wants it thats up to her.

James