Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #11
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
I don't think they hack hard drives.

I looked into it, and from what I gather, you have to take out the DVD drive, hook it up to your comp, reflash the firmware, reinstall and go.

Seems to be a pretty involved process.
Btw did you hear if its the system thats blocked or just the online profile?

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #12
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

hahahahahahahaha

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #13
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Btw did you hear if its the system thats blocked or just the online profile?

James

the box is banned.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #14
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

If the box is banned, it's probably by MAC address. Someone will patch that soon, I'm sure
Old 11-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #15
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
the box is banned.
Damn. With the amount of time some people spend online with an Xbox, they should have most of those people on suicide watch.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 11-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #16
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I think it would be funny to see someone that was away for a week sit down to play on the Xbox. While doing that a friend starts surfing on the computer. Guy on the computer reads about the ban and then says "OH SHIT", turns to warn his buddy, then ZAP!!!

James
Old 11-13-2009, 01:17 AM   #17
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

http://gizmodo.com/5403544/now-is-a-...-used-xbox-360

Quote:
You know those Xboxes that were banned last week because they were modified to play pirated games? They're being dumped onto eBay and Craigslist by their owners, and they won't all tell you that those consoles are banned from Live.

So our recommendation is that if you really can't spare the money to buy a new Xbox—which you should really do, since the failure rate still isn't that low—is to make sure you ask the seller whether or not it's been banned from Live. If you're buying it in person, off of Craigslist, make sure you have them plug it in and show you that it can. If you're buying it on eBay, well, you'll just have to take their word. Just be careful, because Microsoft has no pity on you for buying a used Xbox that's been banned. [PCWorld]
Here is the next thing, I have been to a few local game stores over the past few days, and they are not buying used ones right now until they can ensure they dont get a banned box. But they are buying used games, and over the next few weeks I bet the used market is going to be flooded and prices will have a momentary drop as they try an unload as many games as possible.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #18
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
http://gizmodo.com/5403544/now-is-a-...-used-xbox-360

Here is the next thing, I have been to a few local game stores over the past few days, and they are not buying used ones right now until they can ensure they dont get a banned box. But they are buying used games, and over the next few weeks I bet the used market is going to be flooded and prices will have a momentary drop as they try an unload as many games as possible.
It should be really tough to sell a used system now unless its local. I wonder how quick it will ban the system? If one is modded and not yet banned then it could be possible that they could go online to prove it works then shut it down before hand so it won't get banned until you use it. Depends on how the system is set up I guess.

James
Old 11-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #19
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

This is interesting. Back when Windows 95 hit the shelves, Microsoft was shipping with a connection service called "The Microsoft Network." It was supposed to be a gateway to the internet. One of the things that they were doing with it, was rifling your system to see if you had any pirated software.

There was a class action lawsuit against them, based on violation of privacy. The information that they were going to be turning your system inside out was hidden in the usual 2 pt. legal type. They got stomped.

As I see it they must be doing much the same with the 360, which I would think should run afoul of the same privacy ruling.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:23 PM   #20
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Again, more cunts in suits being bullies.