Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 08-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #11
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I cant see him not getting in trouble for discharging his weapon, its not like th edog attacked him or was he acting in any police duty at the time. Had a regular citizen done that rhey would be screwed. Provided that area is a place where its legal to carry.
That's what I was thinking too. I don't even think he was an actual police officer...maybe a Federal Security Officer or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I about shot a dog the other day in the Smokies that some morons had leashless near a creek I was fishing and it came at me. Some dog owners need to learn what rules are, you aren't allowed to bring your dog onto 99% of the park trails or anywhere backcountry. Go walk your dog in fucking gatlinburg.
True but this was in a dog park.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #12
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
True but this was in a dog park.
I thought the original topic was on an airplane.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #13
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
I thought the original topic was on an airplane.
Oh crap you're right...it was.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #14
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I cant see him not getting in trouble for discharging his weapon, its not like th edog attacked him or was he acting in any police duty at the time. Had a regular citizen done that rhey would be screwed. Provided that area is a place where its legal to carry.
Lets not forget not only did he shoot what witnesses say wasnt a threat, he also discharged a weapon in a dog park full of civilians, parents children and all their dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
This reminds me...have you heard anything more about the cop who shot that family dog in Oklahoma? Pulled into their drive way (apparently out a rural farmhouse)....dog ran up to the cop....he had time to get back in the car...but chose to stand there and shoot the dog anyway. Apparently his brother was riding shot gun with him that day.

Wasn't it you who posted that thread originally?
No idea what you are talking about...didnt read that article that I can recall. Then again, i think I have early onset alzheimers...

Quote:
I about shot a dog the other day in the Smokies that some morons had leashless near a creek I was fishing and it came at me. Some dog owners need to learn what rules are, you aren't allowed to bring your dog onto 99% of the park trails or anywhere backcountry. Go walk your dog in fucking gatlinburg.
This is the reason they have leash laws. Poorly trained and unsocialized pets that are the fault of their owners.

I'm sure you noticed I dont leash Abigail most of the time (at least not when we arent in a public place or walking), but I am also 100% sure she wont be attacking anyone, person or dog, wont harm a person and dang sure wont get more than 10 feet away from me without permission. It's called training. I'll be right there with you in shooting or punching the crap outta some other animal coming at me or mine. You dont train your animal and dont follow the laws, you're responsible for the consequences.

This dog was in a dog park, following the rules provided according to all statements and the article, and the shooters dog wasnt even off the leash. Making me wonder why you are standing in a dog park with a dog on a leash. Hmmm, perhaps your dog is the aggressor?
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.

Last edited by the chi; 08-05-2010 at 01:19 PM..
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #15
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
This is the reason they have leash laws. Poorly trained and unsocialized pets that are the fault of their owners.

I'm sure you noticed I dont leash Abigail most of the time (at least not when we arent in a public place or walking), but I am also 100% sure she wont be attacking anyone, person or dog, wont harm a person and dang sure wont get more than 10 feet away from me without permission. It's called training. I'll be right there with you in shooting or punching the crap outta some other animal coming at me or mine. You dont train your animal and dont follow the laws, you're responsible for the consequences.

This dog was in a dog park, following the rules provided according to all statements and the article, and the shooters dog wasnt even off the leash. Making me wonder why you are standing in a dog park with a dog on a leash. Hmmm, perhaps your dog is the aggressor?
I don't care about leash laws or dogs on private property. Pets are absolutely forbidden completely from most of the GSMNP. No walking them on hiking trails with the exception of two and completely banned from the backcountry. This is to protect you, your pet, and most importantly the park from damage caused by non native animals.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #16
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
A dog on a leash is more likely to be aggressive, due to the territorial boundary represented by the leash. For a dog, the leash is the same as a fence.

This cop should be fired, and charged with felony endangerment and being a gigantic douche-bag.

JC
Old 08-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #17
Trip
Hold mah beer!

The quote on that second article is priceless.

Quote:
mmmmmbbq ribs from the local chinese takeout.....anybody know where bear bear's carcass is???
Old 08-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #18
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Lets not forget not only did he shoot what witnesses say wasnt a threat, he also discharged a weapon in a dog park full of civilians, parents children and all their dogs.
I think thats the point I wanted to convey, you just did it a hell of alot better than I did, but bear with me I have been up for over 24 hrs now so Iam a bit tired
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #19
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
amen to that bro.. i like dogs but i'd shoot one of them motherfuckers if they came at me..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #20
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
amen to that bro.. i like dogs but i'd shoot one of them motherfuckers if they came at me..
What really got me close is if I see something big and brown coming through the forest towards me, it's either a bear or a boar. I don't expect dogs since they are banned, I yelled at the owners, but I don't think it did any good. I told a ranger I saw on the way out though, but that was a few hours later, so they were probably long gone.