Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-26-2011, 02:06 AM   #11
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Nah... no merge. The bill is dead.
I checked the other thread and didn't see any definitive proof that it was dead...

I did find this, though...It's the entire history of the bill...Last entry is the 13th of this month...No entry saying the bill didn't pass...

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillL...2R&Bill=HB2470
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #12
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Someone should call texas and tell them that we have a repost thread that is threatening to take over the original thread if we dont answer the original post as to if the bill really made it through the legislature so we need to know right now or we will fill texas with some extra queers and steers.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #13
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Someone should call texas and tell them that we have a repost thread that is threatening to take over the original thread if we dont answer the original post as to if the bill really made it through the legislature so we need to know right now or we will fill texas with some extra queers and steers.
I'd like to thank you for your 3 very helpful posts in this thread

I'll also be the first to apologize for not being as perfect at you...Bu the thing is, I thought this was a discussion board, and just because you spend every passing minute staying caught up, dosen't mean the rest of us have...

Last edited by L8 Braker; 05-26-2011 at 08:41 AM..
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:40 AM   #14
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I have Texas on the phone - they say that two threads falls under their state policy of "everything is bigger".

Weird.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #15
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8 Braker View Post
I checked the other thread and didn't see any definitive proof that it was dead...

I did find this, though...It's the entire history of the bill...Last entry is the 13th of this month...No entry saying the bill didn't pass...

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillL...2R&Bill=HB2470
Sorry for not keeping you up to date. I was a little involved with this bill - ended up on the phone with Malorie's family in an effort to get them to get her name off the bill.

Today is the 26th.

Bills need to make it to the floor of the Senate by the 25th in order to make it through to be signed by the governor before the legistlature goes back to sleep. Not that it's impossible for it to pass, it is HIGHLY unlikely.

Thank you for watching out for Texas riders. But, this was on our radar... we acted and made it go to sleep in committee.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #16
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Sorry for not keeping you up to date. I was a little involved with this bill - ended up on the phone with Malorie's family in an effort to get them to get her name off the bill.

Today is the 26th.

Bills need to make it to the floor of the Senate by the 25th in order to make it through to be signed by the governor before the legistlature goes back to sleep. Not that it's impossible for it to pass, it is HIGHLY unlikely.

Thank you for watching out for Texas riders. But, this was on our radar... we acted and made it go to sleep in committee.
How did that convo with the fam go?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #17
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
How did that convo with the fam go?
It hurt. Their hearts are understandibly broken.

This young man killed their daughter through his own inability to handle a motorcycle and he has not had so much as a ticket for his actions. THAT is a big part of the drafting of this bill.

We are now working with them to accomplish their goal in a more posetive manner.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #18
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
It hurt. Their hearts are understandibly broken.

This young man killed their daughter through his own inability to handle a motorcycle and he has not had so much as a ticket for his actions. THAT is a big part of the drafting of this bill.

We are now working with them to accomplish their goal in a more posetive manner.
Did it go into detail as to how she fell off, did he wack the throttle, did she do something wrong? I dont know if that was ever answered in the other articles.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #19
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Bullshit. (You know I mean that with tons of respect, of course) If you don't want to be killed on the back of a motorcycle then don't fucking get on there. Nearly ALL motorcycle wrecks are somehow the fault of the rider. Squeezed the front brake too hard, misread flow of traffic, target fixation, not defensive enough, not offensive enough, aren't Valentino Rossi, etc. etc. There is no line to be drawn here, taking a decreasing radius corner too hot and wiping out is no different than wiping out doing a wheelie.

She singlehandedly made the decision to sit on the back of a very, very fast motorcycle piloted by a man with questionable skills. Would she have flown with a pilot who hadn't been to flight school? She put herself there, she's responsible for her own death.

That does not lessen the tragedy. Death is a very harsh penalty to pay for a stupid decision.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #20
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Bullshit. (You know I mean that with tons of respect, of course) If you don't want to be killed on the back of a motorcycle then don't fucking get on there. Nearly ALL motorcycle wrecks are somehow the fault of the rider. Squeezed the front brake too hard, misread flow of traffic, target fixation, not defensive enough, not offensive enough, aren't Valentino Rossi, etc. etc. There is no line to be drawn here, taking a decreasing radius corner too hot and wiping out is no different than wiping out doing a wheelie.

She singlehandedly made the decision to sit on the back of a very, very fast motorcycle piloted by a man with questionable skills. Would she have flown with a pilot who hadn't been to flight school? She put herself there, she's responsible for her own death.

That does not lessen the tragedy. Death is a very harsh penalty to pay for a stupid decision.
Its stupid decisions that take a lot of teens/adolescents out of the gene pool. I have seen a handful in the ER that had no clue about being a passenger and as an 18 yr old I am sure it was exciting to hop on the back of a sport bike.

I always looked at the passenger as my responsibility, make sure they heve decent gear and def adjust my riding accordingly for the extra weight.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote