Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #11
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Yes, but in order to save games you need to have the old PS2 memory cards along with an adapter that lets you connect them to the PS3 via a USB cable. If I remember the adapter was somewhere in the $10-15 range.
not all of them, refer above to the book i just wrote
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #12
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
only launch consoles. 60 and 20 gigs. these came with both the emotion engine and gpu from the PS2 built into their motherboard and can run any ps1 ps2 or ps3 from your region. i think some of the early 80 gigs had a software emulator built in but it has since been discontinued and may have been retroactively removed via firmware updates. im not sure. i have a 60 gig. now, there have been lots of rumors and a few patents filed for new emulation software but sony hasnt said anything yet. my bet is they start selling ps2 games via PSN and drop the emulator in a future software update bt considering how long it took them to get US approval for PS1 games it could be some time. best bet would be to check gamestop for a refurbished unit.

edit, theres also an adapter that will let you strip your save data from your memory cards and create virtual ones hosted on the PS3's hd. ought to be dirt cheap to find since only the early ones can use it. the ps3 will also work with any usb pheripherals you had for your ps2: eyetoy, lightgun, etc
I didn't know they removed that feature. I have one of the launch 60 gigs and assumed it continued to future consoles. Disregard my post about compatibility then.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #13
WARputer
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2005 Hayabusa

Aren't there games that are specifically made just for X Box....like Halo?

And cheats....my boys have to have cheats....does X Box have cheat codes?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #14
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I want the PS3. My father in law has one and loves it. My brother has the Xbox. The reason he bought it was because thats what his friends had so he could play against them online. He also likes the controller better for the XBox. My brother had the PS1 and I think 2. He told me the other day that he also wants a PS3 now just because.

I would like to have both if my brother keeps playing the Xbox so I can play against him with some games.

My brother also said that the Xbox Live is better then the one on the PS3.

If they want to play online against friends then you need to know what they have.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #15
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I didn't know they removed that feature. I have one of the launch 60 gigs and assumed it continued to future consoles. Disregard my post about compatibility then.
yep that was the first feature to get axed when people started bitching about paying 600 bucks. Never mind of course that a similarly equipped xbox at the time would ring in around 1100 and still couldnt fully match its features. People are dumb
Old 10-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #16
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Neither...... give them something they'll actually remember, like a trip somewhere, or a musical instrument, or how about a SCUBA class or something like that. They can go to their friends house if they really want to play the latest video games.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #17
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARputer View Post
Aren't there games that are specifically made just for X Box....like Halo?

And cheats....my boys have to have cheats....does X Box have cheat codes?
both sides have exclusives. and cheats are game specific these days. IE: if company a feels like writing in codes they will and you can find them online for free with google. no more genies.

and hey homeslice, dont knock the value of the right game how do you think Ben spies learned all those tracks before he ever rode on em?
TWF Post whore #6
Old 10-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Okay, I have the Wii, the PS3 and the XBox 360. The XBox hasn't even been taken out of the box from the last return from Microsoft. During the wait, I bought a PS3 and never looked back. Sure there are some games that can only be played on XBox but there are only a couple that really matter... I don't know how old your kids are but the PS3 works more like a computer, you can surf the actual net, you can link blue tooth gadgets to it, oh and of course you can play blue ray discs on it if you don't already own a BR player.

Shit be Dad of the year and get both! The new PS3 250G model only costs $350

http://www.andpop.com/2009/10/20/new...ores-november/

You can get an XBox Elite for about $300...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:28 AM   #19
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Go to Gamestop and trade all of the old stuff in and make it a little cheaper no matter what you decide to buy. I have both, XBox for gaming and the PS3 for Blue Ray and a few games.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #20
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

i have all 3 also

wii is for kids
ps3 for blu-ray
360 for game play

if it;s for you get the system all your friends have, if it's for your kids wii
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.