Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #11
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
It says the police and the bank tried for 3 months to find the owner......What else do you want them to do? If anyone with half a brain dropped 2 grand on the ground next to a bank, they would have contacted the bank the very next day. But they didn't........... and plus they were given 3 more months to do so.

She made the right choice. Hanging on to the money and posting an ad in Craigslist" is laughable and self-serving to say the least. I bet less than 1% of the population even uses Craigslist, and even if they did it wouldn't be their first place to check.
The issue is that the city decided to keep it instead of givving it to the finder like they said they would.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
The issue is that the city decided to keep it instead of givving it to the finder like they said they would.
He's just trying to ruin our good time.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #13
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

See, this is why honesty and selflessness are in such short supply today.
It would be nice to think that doing the right thing is its own reward, but that little feeling of satisfaction only goes so far.
There has to be a tangible reward now and then or we forget why it's supposed to feel good.

But, you know, this was a valuable lesson to that young lady.
She'll be reminded of it several years down the road when she busts her ass on some project at work and gets a cheap print shop award to hang in her cubicle...while her boss gets a nice fat bonus for delivering the project on time and under budget.

Last edited by Adeptus_Minor; 05-12-2011 at 12:02 PM..
Adeptus_Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #14
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
They should give her one of the auction cars. That's what she wants, give her a car.
Sounds feasible.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #15
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Exactly. It's a damn shame.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #16
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Lesson:

Don't give the government anything and expect to ever see it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
lol @ people who thought the cops would "do the right thing."
'nuff said. Nailed it.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #17
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Truth.

I've often wondered what I would do in this situation and I feel the smart plan would be to slowly dole the cash out towards my cost of living. Gas, food, public transportation and maybe the odd bike part would allow me to maintain a low profile and enjoy the spoils
its 2k, not 200k. Its not like you'd suddenly be able to buy everything you've ever wanted. Nobody would notice you spending 2k.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #18
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
It says the police and the bank tried for 3 months to find the owner......What else do you want them to do? .
Give the money to the girl who fucking found it. It may not belong to her, but it sure as fuck doesn't belong to the city.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #19
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
See, this is why honesty and selflessness are in such short supply today.
It would be nice to think that doing the right thing is its own reward, but that little feeling of satisfaction only goes so far.
There has to be a tangible reward now and then or we forget why it's supposed to feel good.
Exactly, and had the original owner claimed the money there's no doubt she would get a huge level of satisfaction from knowing she made it happen.

But now someone else has decided to keep it (and had to change the rules to do so) and she'll feel jaded. I'm sure $2000 is going to make a HUGE difference in Dallas' budget, too. Yay for shortsightedness!
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #20
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Exactly, and had the original owner claimed the money there's no doubt she would get a huge level of satisfaction from knowing she made it happen.

But now someone else has decided to keep it (and had to change the rules to do so) and she'll feel jaded. I'm sure $2000 is going to make a HUGE difference in Dallas' budget, too. Yay for shortsightedness!
Yes, I'm sure the city passed a law over the course of the three months it took to find the person who lost $2k... just so they could absorb that money.

If you look up the story again, you'll see that the law was actually put into use in 2009, it's being thrown out because it contradicts state law, and they will be giving her the money... and $5,500 the police association raised for her...

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/a...allas-pol.html

Nope, that can't be right though... it's gotta be some conspiracy to fuck over a 15-year old girl out of $2k she found in a parking lot.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote