Old 11-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Are people really this naive?
only the ones that don't get laid

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #2
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

So 7 pages of this discussion and valid points on either side. Not that anyone wants my opinion but here it is anyway: Someone else is going to have to fill that girl's slot. hat's what everyone is really forgetting. I can't tell you how many deployments I had to go on because some fuckhead had "problems at home" Hell, I got deployed in the middle of my honeymoon because some guy at the shop was having "marital problems" and needed time to work them out. Good thing too, since when I got back he'd had the time to abandon his wife and two kids and move into an apartment with a big tittied blonde.

Bu I digress. If your command automatically assumes you're lying it means you've had disciplinary issues before. And while I know a lot of single parents who are very successful in the military, I don't know of any who have deployments and just don't show up.

As for her being slutty, well, the article said she wasn't in a relationship with the father anymore, not that she was divorced. If you're not getting married anytime soon then you should maybe consider some birth control. That or take it on the face. Especially when you know what your job will do to a child's life, and even more so when you're only 21.

Sounds like everyone made mistakes here, the Army, this chick, and her mom's pretty much a peice of shit. Ultimately though this chick should have handled her business. Every soldier needs to be ready to deploy all the time. If the military has taught me anything it is to be prepared, and always have a backup o the backup. Redundancy can help you through emergencies, this chick should have been ready. Remember, we're not talking about Shaniqua down the block, we're talking about a deployable asset who has dropped the ball that unfortunately some other soldier will get fucked into picking up. And who's to say that guy won't have a family too?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Here is a hint, quit FUCKING w/o a rubber and you won't have a kid!!!
sometimes even WITH it happens...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

The way I read it, she had a plan for her child but that situation fell through 5 days before the deployment.

Seems to me she did everything right. What is done is done, she has a child, I'm not going to judge her for that...who hasn't made a mistake, trusted the wrong guy, not been exactly religious about birth control (hell, the pill is only 97% effective).

Cut the girl some slack.

Maybe, just maybe, the Army was, perhaps, not quite so flexible or willing to help this person out.

But hell, let's all rush to judgement...
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
The way I read it, she had a plan for her child but that situation fell through 5 days before the deployment.

Seems to me she did everything right. What is done is done, she has a child, I'm not going to judge her for that...who hasn't made a mistake, trusted the wrong guy, not been exactly religious about birth control (hell, the pill is only 97% effective).

Cut the girl some slack.

Maybe, just maybe, the Army was, perhaps, not quite so flexible or willing to help this person out.

But hell, let's all rush to judgement...
I applaud your kind thoughts. I've spent pretty much my entire life with half my family in the military, with tons of kids, single parents and being married to military, it just doesnt happen. No commander would tell you to put your kid in foster care for a deployment.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I applaud your kind thoughts. I've spent pretty much my entire life with half my family in the military, with tons of kids, single parents and being married to military, it just doesnt happen. No commander would tell you to put your kid in foster care for a deployment.
Thanks!

I have been in the military for over 22 years. All I'm saying is that to me it looks like she doesn't deserve what she's getting.

And I don't know about that last thing about the foster care. I've met some pretty shitty officers who couldn't give a crap less about anyone but themselves.

But yeah, most of the parents I know in the military both find a way to make it work and sometimes do not. Just depends on the family and the person. Hard for ME to make that call about someone.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Thanks!

I have been in the military for over 22 years. All I'm saying is that to me it looks like she doesn't deserve what she's getting.

And I don't know about that last thing about the foster care. I've met some pretty shitty officers who couldn't give a crap less about anyone but themselves.

But yeah, most of the parents I know in the military both find a way to make it work and sometimes do not. Just depends on the family and the person. Hard for ME to make that call about someone.
I didnt know you were in the military, explains Pcola tho!!

I hear ya about the officers, I've met a few myself that might try something like that, but theres no way they could actually get away with it.

If this girl wasnt properly informed, she should have taken steps before basically going AWOL. She knew enough to get her mom as guardian, which leads me to think she really just didnt want to go and is trying to use this as an excuse. The timing of her mom bringing the baby back 5 days before she leaves doesnt add up either, especially if the woman runs a daycare servicing 14 kids plus caretaking for others.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
I've met some pretty shitty officers who couldn't give a crap less about anyone but themselves.
With that same thought, this woman could be a pretty shitty private who couldn't give a crap about anyone but themselves.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #9
CasterTroy

As a parent....I can see why she would refuse to go. As someone who believes in a commitment made, I think she's despicable.

I sit here and think of how hard it was for Archen to leave…..and what SHE would say about this woman’s choice.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
- she's a 21 y/o E4. E4's are dumb, it's just how they are. They haven't had the time and experience to figure it all out yet.
Also, 21 y/o's are dumb... again, they haven't figured it out yet.

-parents don't always realise how things work in the military. Also, some don't care.

Not saying what she did was right... but she went about things the wrong way, from the story we are able to read.
True. I'm 43 and I work as a "C" school instructor at a HUGE Navy "A" school. I just don't remember being that dumb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
E-4s are not that dumb. If anything, lower enlisted are the worst guardhouse lawyers..
I've never met these folks. Only the dumb ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
With that same thought, this woman could be a pretty shitty private who couldn't give a crap about anyone but themselves.
Good point. I've met some of those too. They didn't stay in long though.