Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #11
Frostz28
Redneck

Moto: 2005 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I've got the 1000, I cant possibly imagine it coming off without doing major damage to my head in the process, but I have a feeling it didnt have anything to do with the brand of helmet...
How do you like the 1000?

"Guys like me drink to many beers on Friday after work, our best blue jeans have skoal rings, we wear our boots to church"
Frostz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #12
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

If doods were passing guys around a corner and someone else isn't wearing gear...I would define that as a 'bad' group.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #13
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostz28 View Post
How do you like the 1000?
I love the drop down sun visor, thats the best part. They could take out the cheek pump, I wouldnt care. Its a heavy mf'er but a solid helmet. All the gadgetry that goes into the visor I assume makes it heavy, but for that alone, and not having to carry extra shields or wear sunglasses in my helmet its worth it. Your neck will adjust to the weight.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #14
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

Sorry about the guy in the wreck. Hope he didn't get banged up to bad.

Opinions requested.....

What are your thoughts on flip face helmets?
I unfortunately work a lot of motorcycle wrecks and have found that it is much easier to get them off of a motorcyclist with suspected spinal injuries. I bought one for me but have found that it is heavy. Anyone else got one? What are your thoughts?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #15
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Sounds like the helmet was too loose. You shouldn't be able to take the helmet ON/OFF without using both hands. If you can, its too loose. And if it at all moves when you shake ur head side to side.

Also, the strap needs to be strapped correctly. Looping the strap so when the strap is pulled down, it gets tighter.

You live in IL..surprised helmets were even warn. lol

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #16
Frostz28
Redneck

Moto: 2005 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
If doods were passing guys around a corner and someone else isn't wearing gear...I would define that as a 'bad' group.
perhaps I misspoke in my original post, no one passed on a corner, he passed them on the straight well before the corner. And yes gear wasn't worn by everyone but around here finding people who wear full gear is tough. I don't want to see anyone get hurt but if they chose to risk life and limb I guess thats their call. I consider it a bad group if in anyway the other riders endanger me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
You live in IL..surprised helmets were even warn. lol
LOL very true, there are a lot of people who don't but I always do. And the two guys I ride with most do as well.

"Guys like me drink to many beers on Friday after work, our best blue jeans have skoal rings, we wear our boots to church"
Frostz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #17
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Diva View Post

Opinions requested.....

I unfortunately work a lot of motorcycle wrecks and have found that it is much easier to get them off of a motorcyclist with suspected spinal injuries. I bought one for me but have found that it is heavy. Anyone else got one? What are your thoughts?
I've tested a couple for fun, (A Shuberth, A KBC , and an Avio something or other) hated all of them. Way too heavy, iffy locking mechanisms, and really, at the end of the day, no real point to them.

JC
Old 06-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #18
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
He didnt say the guy was weaing the 1000, just that he wanted one...and I can tell ya, even if the cheeks are "pumped" up, if the helmet fits like it should, the cheek pads really dont make that big a difference. The only thing they do is snug around the cheeks and lower face to keep that lil bit of wobble out for narrower faces.
Another EXO1000 owner here....

The little cheek pumps sole function in lifew is so you can show other people and say "Hey look...it's got an airpump!"

I do klike the visor. the optics aren't bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:41 AM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Diva View Post

Opinions requested.....

I am still searching for a good modular... I've tested several and they are heavy, loud and typically clunky in operation. I may test the Shark Evoline here in a couple weeks and if you are interested, I'll let you know.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:39 AM   #20
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Sounds like it wasn't done up tight enough or it was too loose. His helmet shouldn't have come off with that sorta injury, and I hope he went somewhere to get checked out. Hugging a guard rail could mean some internal injuries and if he hit it with enough force to have his helmet come off, he could have bone/muscle injuries to his spine. Anyway....

When I used to sell moto-gear, I'd make the helmets so tight someone couldn't chew gum in it without destroying their cheeks. You shouldn't be able to move the helmet up and down by the chin without your whole head moving.

But we all know this.

I'd also never wear anything with a fast clip, always a slip-through toggle thingy (like most lids). And anything really heavy, no matter how cool, is more dangerous b/c of the extra strain it puts on your spine/neck. Everything will adjust in the event of an accident by breaking....

Kirsty
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote