Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 05-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #181
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Try any gun shops. They usually have kick ass ear plugs.
Went to Dunham's last night. They have Frogg Toggs- $50- I might pick up a set, but I really hate the thought of rain gear flapping around. My overpants do a great job with cold or rain, just not so well in heat.

Looked at their earplugs too- lots of 25/26dB plugs. Most of them simply stick out too far, but I found some moldable silicon putty things I decided I'll try. They're rated 22dB, and should be able to get them flat enough they aren't irritating.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #182
tommymac
Moto GP Star

made some good headway this morning. Forks are on and the whole front end is back together now i just need to bleed the brakes, swap the chain and check a quick thing under the dash then we can get it over to inspection on mon or tues. I jist hope work isnt too bad th enext few nights. last night was flat out brutal and I had 2 medical students I wanted to beat the snot out of then set them on fire. tonight and monday night dont bode well for me with the docs that are on so I will hope for the best.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #183
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Good to hear Tommy...I picked up a Set of Sont Headphones...but Damn these things work great (So far) They mold into my ear really well...Gotta see how they fare with putting a helmt on but I think theyll do great...And there soft I had them in for like an hour last night and they didnt hurt at all...Granted I wasnt wearing my helmet but even my old headphones hurt after a few mins of wearing them.

Getting the Tailbag packed...Went to wal mart for my travel sized toilitries and shit...Picked up a Mini Mag light, and Some Zip Ties, Duct Tap and Bug Reppeelent as well as the other shit I bought...Just need to get a few more things, and Im straight...

Tommy you have a tool/tire kit your bringing right?? And I think Derf is most likely bringing the truck so Im sure he has tools in that thing...

Fuck Im excited and I still have 5 days left till we leave.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #184
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Good to hear Tommy...I picked up a Set of Sont Headphones...but Damn these things work great (So far) They mold into my ear really well...Gotta see how they fare with putting a helmt on but I think theyll do great...And there soft I had them in for like an hour last night and they didnt hurt at all...Granted I wasnt wearing my helmet but even my old headphones hurt after a few mins of wearing them.

Getting the Tailbag packed...Went to wal mart for my travel sized toilitries and shit...Picked up a Mini Mag light, and Some Zip Ties, Duct Tap and Bug Reppeelent as well as the other shit I bought...Just need to get a few more things, and Im straight...

Tommy you have a tool/tire kit your bringing right?? And I think Derf is most likely bringing the truck so Im sure he has tools in that thing...

Fuck Im excited and I still have 5 days left till we leave.
I will see about getting a tire repair kit as well, I think it was on my list but kinda slipped my mind. I iwll check the auto parts stores tomorrow, or I will order one from aerostich or something and have it shipped via 2 day express or something. That way its here by wednesday. I may still bring some tools just in case. Most bikes need 10 and 12 mm sizes, the damn priller has a lot of stuff thats 11 and 13 mm

Tom
Old 05-03-2009, 12:28 AM   #185
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I can get together a tool kit...i know my bike takes mostly 10 and 12MM...And I looked into a tire repair kit at wal mart but i didnt know what would work for a motorcycle application....I didnt see anything specifically for Motorcycles...But I figured I wasnt going to since most people say not to patch/plug our tires...

Derf is probably still homeward bound but If hes bringing the truck maybe it would be a good idea for us to fill up one or two gas cans Just in case we misjudge our fuel stops??? Im just trying to take every pre caution neccessary.

Im excited as fuck tho.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:51 AM   #186
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I can get together a tool kit...i know my bike takes mostly 10 and 12MM...And I looked into a tire repair kit at wal mart but i didnt know what would work for a motorcycle application....I didnt see anything specifically for Motorcycles...But I figured I wasnt going to since most people say not to patch/plug our tires...

Derf is probably still homeward bound but If hes bringing the truck maybe it would be a good idea for us to fill up one or two gas cans Just in case we misjudge our fuel stops??? Im just trying to take every pre caution neccessary.

Im excited as fuck tho.
great idea on the gas cans. I will get a tire repair kit so dont worry about that. I think for headphones I will hit best buy or something and bring my helmet and see how they fit over it. Plus we can make stops for beer since derf will have room.

Tom
Old 05-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #187
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

I got my rear tire mounted, the front didn't come in Fri though it shipped so it should be here Tue so I can get it mounted then. If not, the take off I put on there last week is good enough, just don't know it it'll be as sticky as the Metzlers are.

Anyway, I knew my flange bearings were getting a little rough last time I changed my rear tire and I almost put off worrying about it this time and waiting till after the rally. I'm glad I decided to pull the flange off the wheel and check the inner bearing too....

It's was looking a little rough Most of the balls were still in it, sorta, but it was shredded and came apart when I knocked it out. Got 2 new sealed bearings in now so that's good to go. Forgot to pick up oil while I was in town yesterday so I'll get that tomorow and change it tomorrow evening. Either way I'm good to go now though

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #188
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

OK boys I think my travel plans might be changing. I might have to shoot into brooklyn on wed afternoon/night for a funeral viewing. I'm still gonna leave in the middle of the night with you, but I wont be able to get any sleep at all that afternoon, so there is no way I'm gonna make the drive all the way in 1 shot.

In fact what I might do is start driving down myself until I get tired then text you where I am and when you make it that far wake me up and we will finish the ride together. I don't know what I'm doing yet, I have to wait and see before I make any decisions, but right now thats what I'm leaning towards.

Unless either one of you has a trailer then i can meet tommy in brooklyn, pick sixxer up on the way back down and we just do the drive that way. I also think I may be able to borrow a trailer from someone here in NJ, but I don't am not sure, I cant get in touch with the guy.

Anyone in NJ have a trailer I can borrow?

Last edited by derf; 05-03-2009 at 08:11 PM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #189
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
OK boys I think my travel plans might be changing. I might have to shoot into brooklyn on wed afternoon/night for a funeral viewing. I'm still gonna leave in the middle of the night with you, but I wont be able to get any sleep at all that afternoon, so there is no way I'm gonna make the drive all the way in 1 shot.

In fact what I might do is start driving down myself until I get tired then text you where I am and when you make it that far wake me up and we will finish the ride together. I don't know what I'm doing yet, I have to wait and see before I make any decisions, but right now thats what I'm leaning towards.

Unless either one of you has a trailer then i can meet tommy in brooklyn, pick sixxer up on the way back down and we just do the drive that way. I also think I may be able to borrow a trailer from someone here in NJ, but I don't am not sure, I cant get in touch with the guy.

Anyone in NJ have a trailer I can borrow?

I am still inclined to make the ride down, and would go for meeting up with you somewhere down south. I guess we can see what sixxer wants to do and figure it out from there once your plans become more definite.

Tom
Old 05-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #190
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Ok, for now, this looks like it will be my route

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...e=UTF8&t=h&z=7