Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #181
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Fucking seat belts?!?! If you can't stop yourself from going through the windshield at 75mph by holding onto the steering wheel, you're not a man!

Also, I don't have a door on my house. I just punch my way through a new spot in the wall everyday as a man should.
Awesome....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #182
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Honestly, unless you all built your own houses. Kill your own food. Or ride horses. STFU about the pussification of the country. You're just as bad.

Can't win a gun duel at high noon? Pussy.
Haven't seen a hanging? Pussy.
Live within three days horse ride of the general store? Pussy...

BTW, disk brake assholes? WTF are they thinking. Drum is where it is at! I also love me some canvas walled tires. And another thing! Fucking seat belts?!?! If you can't stop yourself from going through the windshield at 75mph by holding onto the steering wheel, you're not a man!

Also, I don't have a door on my house. I just punch my way through a new spot in the wall everyday as a man should.

Chuck Norris lives!

and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #183
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
At that point, I'd be walking.

I wont even ride on a bike with someone, you think Im letting a computer get me around. No thanks! But I might use that parallel park function if it came on a car. Since thats pretty much the only driving skill I havent managed to master.

But wait, what if its like that movies and they are on rails and really arent cars at all? Would that count as "driving"?
So no planes or trains for you, awesome, stay in the stone ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
I dont like automatic. Anything. I wish a for a giant solar flare or EMP bomb would render technology useless so people would take a long look at their selves and how they live their lives.

I hate the idea that my car/bike will correct my inputs to what is mechanically feasable. People who cant see the car in front of them should hit it in my opinion. And if they drift over the line the car should not alert them. Send em over a cliff I say. Thats evolution for you, survival of the fitest.

My bike shouldnt sense lean angle and wheel slip and dial back the throttle bodies. People shouldnt need a weather alert on their I phone, just look up asshole! If I am boneheaded enough to squeeze to hard on the brakes then I expect wheel lock up and a slide, not a pulsing numbness to bring me back to reality. Thats for losers!

My car should not tell me when to shift or how to shift. It shouldnt automatically match my revs on downshifting. My shower control should not save me from scalding hot water. It should allow me to have whatever I request in case I am torturing a suspect!

My radio volume shouldnt increase when I am running 85. If I want it louder I know where the fucking button is. Eyeglasses shouldnt tint themselves when you step out into the sun. Get used to bright lights you fucking basement dwelling cyber geeks.

It is all part of the pussification of our world!!!
I don't remember, but are you an engineer? If you are it's called technology. It's what fucking keeps us employed. Go back to a fucking slide rule or start using your little pinkies to do calculations. Get off the fucking computer pussy.

EMP bomb is technology, fail...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #184
Trip
Hold mah beer!

You won't let computers drive you places, but you all have no problem with them keeping up with your money, running your damn nuclear weapons/plants, and all sorts of shit that is much much more devastating than a fucking car. Great thinking guys, way to stand up and stop automation.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #185
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
So no planes or trains for you, awesome, stay in the stone ages.

Not a valid argument asshole.

Planes and trains have a LIVING PERSON at the "wheel". Its not all a computer. And further, I do ride a horse, so if all the shit failed, I'd still have transportation. Win for me.

You fail. Mightily.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #186
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
various weak arguments
There's a difference between stuff that isn't fun (like calculating interest) and stuff that is (like driving). That's why it's OK to let a computer do the former, but not the latter.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #187
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Not a valid argument asshole.

Planes and trains have a LIVING PERSON at the "wheel". Its not all a computer. And further, I do ride a horse, so if all the shit failed, I'd still have transportation. Win for me.

You fail. Mightily.
Actually a lot of trains are completely automated. Person is just there to push a button if shit fucks up. Especially on things like subway systems and hi speed trains. Ain't shit a person can do on a high speeder if it fucks up.

Planes are go on auto a lot. You should know that. Fly by wire is also pretty big now. Person may be at the wheel, but they are at the mercy of the electrical systems.

If all the shit failed, you would have much bigger issues than transportation.
Quote:

Last edited by Trip; 06-16-2011 at 04:50 PM..
Old 06-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #188
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
There's a difference between stuff that isn't fun (like calculating interest) and stuff that is (like driving). That's why it's OK to let a computer do the former, but not the latter.
reasonable, but I am sure you wouldn't mind letting a computer do the transporting when it's not for fun though, would you?
Quote:
Old 06-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #189
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I dunno, but this conversation makes me long for the days when a machine will just have the fun for us... this is just to taxing.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #190
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I dunno, but this conversation makes me long for the days when a machine will just have the fun for us... this is just to taxing.
terminators, run!!!!!
Quote: