Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #171
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
A massive area of whales' brains is devoted to communication. They communicate over hundreds, perhaps thousands of miles. Whale Song is an intelligent action.
There are some birds near my place that communicate all fucking day long. I'm devoting a large portion of my brain to figuring out how I can unload a 10ga in the middle of a city and not draw attention.

They may also be smart but they seem so boring and remind me more of a herd animal than an independent animal. Maybe when we hear stories of a whale saving a diver from sharks or raping some beach goers I'll view them close to the human species.

I'm not going to deny though that they are cool animals.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #172
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
There are some birds near my place that communicate all fucking day long. I'm devoting a large portion of my brain to figuring out how I can unload a 10ga in the middle of a city and not draw attention.

They may also be smart but they seem so boring and remind me more of a herd animal than an independent animal. Maybe when we hear stories of a whale saving a diver from sharks or raping some beach goers I'll view them close to the human species.

Comparing birdsong to whalesong, is like comparing Chopsticks to Handel's Messiah.

And, by the way, humans are herd animals.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #173
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Whales, dolphins, porpoises, orcas... They matter because, next to us, they're the most intelligent thing on the planet. They may be the closest thing to an intelligent alien species that we'll ever meet. They matter because any time that we bring another species to the brink of extinction, we're setting ourselves up for the same thing.

That "eliminating the demand" thing; so how's that working for you? Oh, right, it's made you the country with the highest percentage of its population in prison, in the developed world. Most of what is obtained from whales, can be produced for no greater cost artificially. Sometimes things have to be made to happen.
No, no, no... I'm not saying put them in jail, the japs and consumers aren't doing anything illegal that I can see. If they were then the big, bad Australian fleet would be out there stopping them and the tree highers could be out focusing on their other great crusade which is tuna fishing... I'm saying that they should focus on the people that buy whale products and try and convince them to stop through education about alternative products/meat.

The same thing goes for drugs...as long as people still make excuses for their use... Hey why don't those whale guys take all that money and open stores that sell cheaper alternative products in the markets that are using whales...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #174
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
A massive area of whales' brains is devoted to communication. They communicate over hundreds, perhaps thousands of miles. Whale Song is an intelligent action.
Dogs bark, birds sing, cows moo, what's your point? Because they make noise we shouldn't eat them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post

I love it when someone else posts my thoughts...
Old 08-14-2010, 11:04 PM   #175
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Comparing birdsong to whalesong, is like comparing Chopsticks to Handel's Messiah.

Humans are pack animals...there is a difference. Whales are just big cows. Cows care for their young just as well as whales do. So do chickens.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #176
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Humans are pack animals...there is a difference. Whales are just big cows. Cows care for their young just as well as whales do. So do chickens.
Some humans anyway.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #177
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Dogs bark, birds sing, cows moo, what's your point? Because they make noise we shouldn't eat them?

I love it when someone else posts my thoughts...
If you don't understand the difference between shouting "FIRE!" over and over again, and giving detailed directions on how to get to your house, then I can't help you.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #178
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

What I find interesting... is we hunt deer and Elk, and many other animals due to over population... yet the most Over-abundant animal on earth... is Human. lets start population control... then I'm sure we won't have as many problems with other animals going extinct
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #179
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:

They fucking stampede! Not a fucking year goes by, some big group of morons doesn't trample each other to death.

Most recent : Love Parade, 2010

Quote:
FAIL. Whales don't stampede, and kill each other.

Humans are no better than cattle.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #180
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
They fucking stampede! Not a fucking year goes by, some big group of morons doesn't trample each other to death.

Most recent : Love Parade, 2010

FAIL. Whales don't stampede, and kill each other.

Humans are no better than cattle.
Well yeah, if you look at the big groups of sheep who are dumb as shit, yeah, we will look stupid. If you look inside a nuclear research lab, you won't see that same dumb shit.

You can make humans look brilliant as hell or dumb as shit depending on how small a scope you want to portray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote