Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 01-10-2011, 01:17 AM   #141
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
The woman that tackled him was already wounded.

She's quite the fucking hero, actually.
From what I have heard and read, a woman didn't tackle him. Two dudes tackled him. A old woman grabbed the magazine from him after two dudes tackled him. She wasn't shot, but she prevented him from reloading while struggling with the two guys.

Quote:
Maisch was waiting in line with her husband to get a photo with Giffords at the meet-and-greet on Saturday morning.

Two men tackled the suspect — they were identified as Roger Sulzgeber, who was also in line, and Joseph Zimudie, who was at a nearby Walgreens and heard the shooting. The shooter reached for a magazine as he struggled with the men, Maisch said.

"Somebody said 'Get the magazine!' so I got the magazine, and I was able to secure that," Maisch said. "That's what needed to be done."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #142
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Funny thing about all the Obama-haters is..............He's actually turned out to be less liberal than either Clinton or Carter....
You tend to do that when ur a puppet of the ruling elite. He isn't running anything...

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #143
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
You tend to do that when ur a puppet of the ruling elite. He isn't running anything...
So politicians who lean to the right are all tools of the ruling elite?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #144
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
So politicians who lean to the right are all tools of the ruling elite?
Perhaps, certaintly if they had the same gold spoon up your ass upbringing with similar mentors
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #145
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Mmm communist manifesto, mein kampf, 9-11 was an inside job, and faked space missions? What were you saying about tea parties again?
So because someone read the manifesto and mein kampf says whether they are left or right? Tons of people read things like that because they want to see how fucked up the opposing side is.

OK 9/11 maybe, but how is believing the moon landing was fake liberal or conservative?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #146
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
So because someone read the manifesto and mein kampf says whether they are left or right? Tons of people read things like that because they want to see how fucked up the opposing side is.

OK 9/11 maybe, but how is believing the moon landing was fake liberal or conservative?
Read sure. Listed as favorite book? That's a bit different.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #147
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:

"Mein Kampf" and "The Communist Manifesto" aren't exactly what I would call congruent works. In many ways they're diametrically opposed.

If you go by what's in people's libraries then I'm an Islamic (Koran) Christian Fundamentalist (New Plain English Bible) Witch (various books on Celtic and old English mythology) Serial Killer (Catcher in the Rye). That's leaving out my books on various Asian cultures, several other religious texts, a rather extensive SF and Fantasy novel collection, the collected works of William Shakespeare....

Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #148
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Here's a more detailed analysis of his beliefs. For those who are attempting to portray him as liberal, that's pretty doubtful. A lot of what's described below seems pretty teabaggish, especially the NWO conspiracy thing.
I haven't seen anyone really push him being a real lefty (I may have missed it though). If anything most of the political talk has been refuting the initial assumption, with absolutely nothing to back it up, that he is a hardcore Tea Partier who did this because Sharon Angle, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, and Rush Limbaugh told him to. Whatever political party it ends up he supports, if he even supports one, I haven't seen anything that indicates political affiliation had anything to do with why he did this.

I haven't seen too many on the right saying he did this because of people on the left, but I have seen the regular cast of characters on the left saying he did this because of people on the right. Either way I think both groups are wrong. Everything I'm seeing indicates he did this because he was mentally unstable. That may change as the investigation continues, but even the County Sheriff who got so much play initially for blaming the fired up political rhetoric has admitted they haven't seen anything so far that backs that assertion up.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #149
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I haven't seen anyone really push him being a real lefty (I may have missed it though). If anything most of the political talk has been refuting the initial assumption, with absolutely nothing to back it up, that he is a hardcore Tea Partier who did this because Sharon Angle, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, and Rush Limbaugh told him to. Whatever political party it ends up he supports, if he even supports one, I haven't seen anything that indicates political affiliation had anything to do with why he did this.

I haven't seen too many on the right saying he did this because of people on the left, but I have seen the regular cast of characters on the left saying he did this because of people on the right. Either way I think both groups are wrong. Everything I'm seeing indicates he did this because he was mentally unstable. That may change as the investigation continues, but even the County Sheriff who got so much play initially for blaming the fired up political rhetoric has admitted they haven't seen anything so far that backs that assertion up.
Rational political groups don't own the acts of irrational people so, whether he 'belongs' to either Dems or Reps, his evil is his own.

As to how people are reacting to this, read the comments that are attached to this Youtube vid. I'm thinking that the gene pool could use a hefty dose of bleach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_wmsaXJKp0

Old 01-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #150
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Anyone who doesn't have a regular social circle is more inclined to do something like this. That and the fact that if you aren't actively involved in your community, you tend to see government as some kind of manipulative system rather than a group of human beings.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote