Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-02-2010, 12:38 AM   #141
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
How do you plan to prop up the screen? Bring a picture frame stand? Shit, by the time you bring your blue tooth keyboard, I-pad stand, and get it all set up you could have gotten a Net Book for cheaper.
netbook?! for the price of that thing you could have an ION netbook like the hp mini 311 and option it the fuck up.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:53 AM   #142
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
netbook?! for the price of that thing you could have an ION netbook like the hp mini 311 and option it the fuck up.
Touch screen? Nope. Super thin? Nope. E Reader? Nope. Hey, I'm not in love with the thing but it doesn't claim to be a computer. It's a really big iPod Touch. Besides, can you play some of the honestly cool Apple Apps games on a Net Book? Nope.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:59 AM   #143
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Touch screen? Nope. Super thin? Nope. E Reader? Nope. Hey, I'm not in love with the thing but it doesn't claim to be a computer. It's a really big iPod Touch. Besides, can you play some of the honestly cool Apple Apps games on a Net Book? Nope.
ive never seen an app game i honestly gave a fuck about. an Ion cards got enough oomph to play pretty much any pc game from a few years ago until the dawn of time. touch screen becomes a gimmick at that size. its thin enough and did you really just say i couldnt use a netbook to read E-books? hell bro i do THAT on my psp
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:41 AM   #144
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I can spend $30 and my netbook will be touch screen capable.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:24 AM   #145
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
ive never seen an app game i honestly gave a fuck about. an Ion cards got enough oomph to play pretty much any pc game from a few years ago until the dawn of time. touch screen becomes a gimmick at that size. its thin enough and did you really just say i couldnt use a netbook to read E-books? hell bro i do THAT on my psp
Yea, I don't know wtf I was thinking...I'm just saying that the iPad isn't trying to wipe out net books. Others are making that comparison not Apple afaik... I guess what I'm trying to say is that you may as well be making the same comparisons/complaints against an iPod Touch vs a netbook.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:02 AM   #146
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea, I don't know wtf I was thinking...I'm just saying that the iPad isn't trying to wipe out net books. Others are making that comparison not Apple afaik... I guess what I'm trying to say is that you may as well be making the same comparisons/complaints against an iPod Touch vs a netbook.
I think it was Apple that started talking about netbooks.

James
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #147
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

I don't think it was in the context of replacing netbooks. It was more, "Why doesn't Apple jump into the netbook market? Because they suck."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Wrong. Not having a memory card slot upsets a lot of people. Having a USB slot allows you to add on things. Some might want a usb mouse. What about a thumb drive? There are many reasons to have some of these features. Its easy to see once the koolaid clears.

James
Koolaid, haterade, what's the difference? So it doesn't have the shit you want on it. There are lots of people (me included) who haven't touched a memory card except to upgrade the capacity on the digital camera once in a while. My thumb drives just collect dust. My mouse and keyboard are bluetooth.

By the way, I think y'all are thinking of the G4 Cube (yowsa, what a piece of crap). The Mac Mini is still going pretty strong.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #148
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

My father wants one. I bought him a red wagon instead and wrote "band" on the side of it.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #149
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Have I expressed my opinion on the iPad yet? PIECE OF SHIT!
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #150
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
I don't think it was in the context of replacing netbooks. It was more, "Why doesn't Apple jump into the netbook market? Because they suck."

Koolaid, haterade, what's the difference? So it doesn't have the shit you want on it. There are lots of people (me included) who haven't touched a memory card except to upgrade the capacity on the digital camera once in a while. My thumb drives just collect dust. My mouse and keyboard are bluetooth.

By the way, I think y'all are thinking of the G4 Cube (yowsa, what a piece of crap). The Mac Mini is still going pretty strong.
I'm just repeating what customers say, thats their market. It doesn't matter what I think because they haven't made anything I want yet.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote