Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #141
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I wish there was a guide for honkies on what terms they can use and when it is acceptable. Can I say nigger or nigga if I'm quoting a black comedian? For example "Fuck your couch nigga" from Dave Chappelle. I like saying that when joking around with friends (white, black, asian, or if I'm at Tiger's house Blasian). What if I'm singing some NWA? Do I have to go "Fuck the police comin straight from the underground. A young (pause) got it bad cause I'm brown"? Then what if I'm fighting a person who happens to be black. I HATE anyone I'm in a fight with and if I think calling someone a nigger will make them feel shitier while I beat them up then you are going to see the n-bomb dropped a lot.

Oh yeah, what if I go through my ancestory and find out my great great great grandpa was black? I do not look black but doesn't the 1 drop rule apply? Can I say it then and chill in Compton?

I also refuse to use "African-American" because I have yet to meet a true African-American except for two friends from high school who where whiter than ghosts. Hell, they even called the crotch bomber "African-American".

Jessie, Sharpton, and Dr. Dre need to get on this and clear this shit up for us crackers.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #142
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
What? Read the thread. The whole argument is, "If you all can say it, then we can say it..." At least one guy was saying that if he was around a couple black guys that use the word, he feels justified in using it too. As in if me, him and another black guy were at my house watching the game. I jump up and go to the fridge. I yell from the kitchen, "Hey you guys want a beer?" The black guy responds, "Hell yea nigga, pass me a cold one!" He thinks that AUTHORIZES him to say, " Get me a beer too, nigger"....um nope..
First, he wouldn't say "nigger" he would say "nigga". Big difference.

Only time I hear whites saying "nigger" is if they are a hardcore racist and talking amongst other whites.

"Nigga" is used for a much wider variety of purposes, some deragotory, but other times as a friendly, comical term of endearment, like "yo wassup my niggaz?

In contrast, "nigger" is only used for one purpose -- to spread hate. At least in my experience. Everyone's experience is different

That being said, why is it OK for black people to say yo wassup my nigga, but it is not OK for two white people to do it? And no, I'm not saying that a white person should go around saying it to black people....he shouldn't. Unless that black person was a good buddy of his and nobody else was in earshot.

Last edited by Homeslice; 01-24-2010 at 11:31 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:29 AM   #143
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
I don't care how many movies are made, I don't care if every rapper in the world comes out with a song using the word, I don't even care if every other black person on Earth stand up as one and shouts the word nigger at the top of their lungs for an entire day. Do not presume to call me one. That's all I'm saying. What it boils down to is you all want an excuse to call us niggers. You want to justify it somehow and make it okay. It's not, period.
I'm not gonna call you a nigga. You look pretty big lol ...but dude..my question is why do black people continue to use it? If it's so bad, then they shouldn't be degrading each other for no reason.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:37 AM   #144
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I wish there was a guide for honkies on what terms they can use and when it is acceptable. Can I say nigger or nigga if I'm quoting a black comedian? For example "Fuck your couch nigga" from Dave Chappelle. I like saying that when joking around with friends (white, black, asian, or if I'm at Tiger's house Blasian). What if I'm singing some NWA? Do I have to go "Fuck the police comin straight from the underground. A young (pause) got it bad cause I'm brown"? Then what if I'm fighting a person who happens to be black. I HATE anyone I'm in a fight with and if I think calling someone a nigger will make them feel shitier while I beat them up then you are going to see the n-bomb dropped a lot.

Oh yeah, what if I go through my ancestory and find out my great great great grandpa was black? I do not look black but doesn't the 1 drop rule apply? Can I say it then and chill in Compton?

I also refuse to use "African-American" because I have yet to meet a true African-American except for two friends from high school who where whiter than ghosts. Hell, they even called the crotch bomber "African-American".

Jessie, Sharpton, and Dr. Dre need to get on this and clear this shit up for us crackers.
I'm rollin here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
First, he wouldn't say "nigger" he would say "nigga". Big difference.

Only time I hear whites saying "nigger" is if they are a hardcore racist and talking amongst other whites.

"Nigga" is used for a much wider variety of purposes, some deragotory, but other times as a friendly, comical term of endearment, like "yo wassup my niggaz?

In contrast, "nigger" is only used for one purpose -- to spread hate. At least in my experience. Everyone's experience is different

That being said, why is it OK for black people to say yo wassup my nigga, but it is not OK for two white people to do it? And no, I'm not saying that a white person should go around saying it to black people....he shouldn't. Unless that black person was a good buddy of his and nobody else was in earshot.

It's the exact same reason why blacks can pull the race card and get away with it....Double standard!!!

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #145
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxzmjGJeBJg
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #146
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Tigger, it has nothing to do with whether I will or won't say something - and everything to do with time and place. I have one friend I can openly call a cunt - and others that would freak the fuck out if it's even spelled in their presence.

You can be as offended as you want. But, understand this - as long as you get offended, there will be people out there that will say it simply because it makes YOU the crazy one.
CONTEXT!!! I've said it from the beginning! It's all about context. I keep saying that and people keep trying to come up with reasons why it's okay for a white person to call me a nigger. Rap music, movies, other black people using the word, how I'm dressed, how I carry myself, it's not only a black word, it's original meaning was innocent, etc.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:54 AM   #147
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
I'm not gonna call you a nigga. You look pretty big lol ...but dude..my question is why do black people continue to use it? If it's so bad, then they shouldn't be degrading each other for no reason.
Don't look at me, I actually don't use it either when talking to other black people.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:15 AM   #148
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
What it boils down to is you all want an excuse to call us niggers. You want to justify it somehow and make it okay. It's not, period.

and the excuse for Honky or cracker is? they are the same as the n word. racial slurs meant to degrade someone because of their race or skin color. Yet those two words are deemed acceptable, no permission needed to say them.
just wondering.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #149
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
What? Read the thread. The whole argument is, "If you all can say it, then we can say it..." At least one guy was saying that if he was around a couple black guys that use the word, he feels justified in using it too. As in if me, him and another black guy were at my house watching the game. I jump up and go to the fridge. I yell from the kitchen, "Hey you guys want a beer?" The black guy responds, "Hell yea nigga, pass me a cold one!" He thinks that AUTHORIZES him to say, " Get me a beer too, nigger"....um nope. Look, I don't pretend to talk for other black people and quite frankly, I don't care what you call them. If there are 1.5 billion black people in the world, you can call them all niggers minus 1...
I thought you were white?
Old 01-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #150
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

So, I've talked to a pretty good friend of mine who happens to be "African-Canadian". He said what I said, "Why shouldn't you be able to say it if I can?". Then again, I've never heard him say anything relating to that word.

He then went on to tell me that a black man saying it is worse than a white man saying it. You're making it seem like it's ok for others to use a word that was used to keep your people down. Again his exact words, "If you're around your boys and nobody else, it can be a term of affection. If you're around other people, it's ignorant and rude.".
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote