Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #141
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
Too many of my pics are things that don't need to be shared.
Well HELLO there

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #142
AquaPython
put it THIS way

proof or it didn't happen
Old 07-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #143
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalliste View Post
I got an invite to Google Plus a few weeks ago and I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw that there was an auto-upload. Thank goodness I hadn't taken any pics yet at that point since I joined. I turned that sh!t off. Too many of my pics are things that don't need to be shared.
It uploads to a private folder first. From that folder, you can delete or share. Before you do that, only you have access to it. Last thing people on google+ need to see are my nads. Those pictures are for other unfortunate souls.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #144
AquaPython
put it THIS way

yea you think that the whole folder is secure, but when you give someone a link to another photo in that folder, they can then browse to it.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #145
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
yea you think that the whole folder is secure, but when you give someone a link to another photo in that folder, they can then browse to it.
On google+ or picasa?

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 07-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #146
Huy
Trailer Queen

Moto: Busa

Facebook
Twitter
google+

WTF am I now feeling like my grandmother did when she got her first TV with a remote
Huy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #147
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
On google+ or picasa?
well its a fine line.

on G+., if you hit "photos" you go to your Picasa web albums. There you will find for example the default folders for your profile pictures on G+, and the "Drop Box" for uploading pics from your phone. you can set the privacy to these folders to "anyone who has the link". but if you give the link to someone, all photos in the folder are brows-able, not just the one pic you give the link too.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #148
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
well its a fine line.

on G+., if you hit "photos" you go to your Picasa web albums. There you will find for example the default folders for your profile pictures on G+, and the "Drop Box" for uploading pics from your phone. you can set the privacy to these folders to "anyone who has the link". but if you give the link to someone, all photos in the folder are brows-able, not just the one pic you give the link too.
Gotcha. For stuff uploaded through the G+ app, the photos dump into a different folder than the normal Drop Box folder for other picasa uploads. The auto upload stuff drops into an Auto Upload folder that is locked down. From what it looks like on the picasa page, the photos that you choose to share through G+ are then copied to a separate folder with a different set of permissions. I'm looking around to see if there's a work around, but it doesn't look like there's a way to access the photos in the Auto Upload folder without being the account holder or giving someone specific access. The photos in the Auto Upload never touch the Drop Box folder and don't have any public access unless you change the visibility of the folder or share the specific pictures on G+.

Edited to add: after playing around, it doesn't look like there's an option to change the visibility of the Auto Upload folder. It looks like it's on permanent lock down to anyone but the account holder.

Last edited by Corey; 07-26-2011 at 09:59 AM..
Old 07-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #149
AquaPython
put it THIS way

thats good, but still scary to me. i chose to turn off auto upload. google doesnt need every picture i take.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #150
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Is there a way to search for some random topic like you can on Twitter? The search just lets you search for people. Whats the use of the public option when posting if things can't be found?

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote