Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #141
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Don't you have some beer then go jogging or biking?? I can recall thinking that was a good idea one whole time in my life..
did it a lot in the Army but it was hard to find excuses not to drink back then. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #142
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Funny I should see this thread, I just did a tour of the Abita Brewery last week.

did you make through all those flavors?

I tried Shiner Bock last week. Not bad at all.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #143
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Tried this for the first time last night and it immediately became my new favorite:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg biere-tripel-karmeliet.jpg (48.6 KB, 76 views)
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #144
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

atm bud select, i drank all the tecate
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:42 AM   #145
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Just came back from Florida a couple of weeks ago with 2 cases of Kalik GOLD.

It's the 7% version that, until now, one could only get in the Bahamas or have someone bring it back on their boat for you. The version of Kalik sold here in the states is the weaker, less tastier version. We found a store in South Florida that is getting a few cases a week under some very limited distribution agreement. Will be having my in-laws go get a couple more for me and holding on to them until Thanksgiving.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (56.5 KB, 66 views)
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #146
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

For the ultimate beer snob:

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/835859-...animal-bottles

LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #147
Rider
Moto GP Star

At the request of Neebs.

Good stuff lately floating around. Shorts Brewing out of MI has excellent beer especially the Huma Lupa Licious. Anything by Lagunitas from Petaluma CA is excellent, but my favs are the Brown Shugga, A Little Sumpin Sumpin and the IPA Maximus. And of course the local Founders Brewery is one of the best breweries in the country. If you can find it buy it up. EVERYTHING they make is big and tasty! Dont forget there is a ton of Christmas/Holiday beers out now and most of them are good. Sierra Nevada Celebration is one of them.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #148
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
did you make through all those flavors?

I tried Shiner Bock last week. Not bad at all.
Hmmm.. Abita and SHiner Bock...

We're quite pleased to have two new local, craft breweries that have opened up in the last year or so. Bold City Brewery is over a year old, and lots of local places are carrying their stuff. Then in late November, Intuition Ale Works opened - so far, their offerings are far surpassing Bold City's. Their wheat, their stout, their IPA, and then a special Black Rye Ale I tried last week - ALL stellar. They are SUPER small though, so not every beer is available at all times. Still, it's a nice tap room, small, very locals only... hoping they find great success (but that it doesn't ruin their craft).
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #149
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
At the request of Neebs.

Good stuff lately floating around. Shorts Brewing out of MI has excellent beer especially the Huma Lupa Licious. Anything by Lagunitas from Petaluma CA is excellent, but my favs are the Brown Shugga, A Little Sumpin Sumpin and the IPA Maximus. And of course the local Founders Brewery is one of the best breweries in the country. If you can find it buy it up. EVERYTHING they make is big and tasty! Dont forget there is a ton of Christmas/Holiday beers out now and most of them are good. Sierra Nevada Celebration is one of them.
I'll have to see if Total Wine can bring in any of the Founders stuff; I'm finding FL is effed up as far as what they'll let SELL here. You can get stuff in bars (there's a place called Kickback's Gastropub with arguably one of the finest beer selections around), but then you can't just go buy it to take home.

Tell me about the Celebration? On that note, I've had some recommendations for the Sam Adams Infinium, but then I hear no one can get it here in Jax anymore... Looking for something for NYE (Chris isn't a champagne drinker, so I thought a champagne-like beer might suffice for toasting)
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:07 AM   #150
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
I'll have to see if Total Wine can bring in any of the Founders stuff; I'm finding FL is effed up as far as what they'll let SELL here. You can get stuff in bars (there's a place called Kickback's Gastropub with arguably one of the finest beer selections around), but then you can't just go buy it to take home.

Tell me about the Celebration? On that note, I've had some recommendations for the Sam Adams Infinium, but then I hear no one can get it here in Jax anymore... Looking for something for NYE (Chris isn't a champagne drinker, so I thought a champagne-like beer might suffice for toasting)
Celebration is a dry hopped ale with citris and carmel flavors. Hoppy, yet malty. It's very good. As far as Sam Adams, try to get some Old Fezziwig. You have to buy it in the holiday 12pack. This year there is no cranberry lambic in it so all 12 are actually drinkable.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote