Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-11-2008, 11:01 AM   #131
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
I started deleting a few old threads of mine, then after I got about 4 of them deleted, the "edit" button disappeared
Same with me. I think maybe when they migrated the database, any posts prior to that are now 'locked' and not able to be deleted. I noticed only my most recent posts were giving me the option to delete them.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #132
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
What does deleting our old posts/threads acomplish with all this, thats what I dont know about.

Tom
Some posts have personal info in them that I don't really want hanging around after I'm gone.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #133
MILK
The cows want you dead.

So bottom line is, it doesn't appear we can do it?

So what if I want to delete my entire account. Has anyone tried that? If you do, will all your stuff go away with it or not?

I realize no one may know the answer but I didn't want to ask over there..
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #134
LittleTaz
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: '00 Ninja 250

I don't know, but I just asked... I had already asked how to delete pictures that were attachments to earlier posts and not linked to my photobucket account, but he thought I meant in the gallery. I phrased it wrong so this time I was very specific, I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #135
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
I started deleting a few old threads of mine, then after I got about 4 of them deleted, the "edit" button disappeared
I'll betcha anything there's something in the (new) TOS that states that your posts and media you post on there become property of Vertical Scope (meaning even if asked, I doubt they'll delete them for ya).

You could, however, ask for a screen name change, and change it something totally benign, change your location and profile info, etc.. so at least if someone ran across it, they wouldn't know it's you.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #136
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILF View Post

So what if I want to delete my entire account. Has anyone tried that? If you do, will all your stuff go away with it or not?

Doubt they would delete the account...Sites want to boast about how many members they have...Even if your not active they still use your account as part of there stats breakdown for the company.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #137
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
I'll betcha anything there's something in the (new) TOS that states that your posts and media you post on there become property of Vertical Scope (meaning even if asked, I doubt they'll delete them for ya).

You could, however, ask for a screen name change, and change it something totally benign, change your location and profile info, etc.. so at least if someone ran across it, they wouldn't know it's you.
I'll bet you're right about the TOS. I just might have them change my screen name. Sounds like a good idea.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #138
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
I'll bet you're right about the TOS. I just might have them change my screen name. Sounds like a good idea.
I don't want them having my pictures. Not that there is anything bad, they are just MINE. Pictures of MY garden and MY kid. I will wait to see what they answer to taz...
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:26 PM   #139
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

So I am looking at the post I made this morning asking about the email notification/subscription thing. I cannot find the edit option....
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #140
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
it's not worth my time to go back and remove all those posts. I want to remove some things though because I don't want it out there on a site owned by people I don't trust.
Quote:
Sooo there are 2 things I want to do 'over there.' Take my avatar off and delete all the pictures I've posted.

I can't figure out how to do either, and can't even edit my own posts anymore.

Anyone have any ideas???
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Same with me. I think maybe when they migrated the database, any posts prior to that are now 'locked' and not able to be deleted. I noticed only my most recent posts were giving me the option to delete them.
Quote:

OSP tried... they won't delete accounts because it takes away from the total member size and that's counter productive to their business. Your old Admin is still there right... Rez? try PM'n him... see if he'll do it... but I doubt he has the rights anymore.

as it ends up... you're posts and all that's contained in them belong to the forum... (says so in the user agreements) so they have no reason to delete them... sucks...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote