Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #131
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I've never been a fan of the short, jacked-up tails that seem to be popular these days, but that bike looks tits. I especially like the header pipes on Buells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

i thought he did admit that they were just for looks?
did you read it? he claims it helped "suck the front tire down"
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #132
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
has that one got a 240 kit Fred? or does it just LOOK fat
I typed xb12 in google and that was the first picture that came up, I have no clue

http://www.buellxb.com/Buells-for-Sa...market-goodies

BTW Dave, actually looking at the website where I got the pic from that was a real gas mask.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #133
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I've never been a fan of the short, jacked-up tails that seem to be popular these days, but that bike looks tits. I especially like the header pipes on Buells.

did you read it? he claims it helped "suck the front tire down"
yeah i was thinking about the earlier part with the NSRs, sounds like when they first did it it was for looks but they engineered it into some sort of functionality in later models. i would assume that were that to be true they found more effective means of aerodynamic control later on

found a link that says the same stuff. aerodynamics derived from their F1 program.

http://www.quatrebras.com/motor/cbr900rrn.htm

on a side note that black red and purple looks TITS
TWF Post whore #6

Last edited by Dave; 10-18-2009 at 03:16 PM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:19 PM   #134
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Just read on a local forum that Buells are 50% off. If this has already been posted, well its been post again for your convenience.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #135
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
the way that horn is mounted makes it look like a promask
That is actually a gas mask. I'm pretty sure that I know the guy that owned that.

He ran a website called PDGMoto.com selling Buell Gauge cluster face plates.

Really good guy.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #136
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

If HD really wants to get their shit in gear, they need to quit axing the interesting stuff. All they're keeping and hyping is poser parking lot weekend badass bikes. I bet if they came out with something like the Royal Enfield 500, they'd get a lot more beginners and females. Price it right- the Enfield is $5k, fuel injected.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #137
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
If HD really wants to get their shit in gear, they need to quit axing the interesting stuff. All they're keeping and hyping is poser parking lot weekend badass bikes. I bet if they came out with something like the Royal Enfield 500, they'd get a lot more beginners and females. Price it right- the Enfield is $5k, fuel injected.
HMMM. I don't remember you saying that to me personally? Or perhaps you should choose your words more carefully? How many actual HD riders do you know? I bet ya you wouldn't say anything close to that in a group of HD riders now would you.

Your entire POV needs some slight adjusting. But hey, what do I know... I have only been on all sides of the box. Where as you have only been on your little 650R side.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #138
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
HMMM. I don't remember you saying that to me personally? Or perhaps you should choose your words more carefully? How many actual HD riders do you know? I bet ya you wouldn't say anything close to that in a group of HD riders now would you.

Your entire POV needs some slight adjusting. But hey, what do I know... I have only been on all sides of the box. Where as you have only been on your little 650R side.
I'll say it, and I think I said something about your HD, although i think it was mostly limited to admiring the size of your mobile home top bag

Actually I really do think HD has over the past few years targeted its audience toward the middle aged upper middle class male. More than anything else they sell the image of a bad ass biker. I think they could take a much larger market share than they already have If they would diversify their lineup. The enfield wouldnt be a good bike, the buell blast would be a great bike, it was buells best selling bike until they crushed it, They are trying with their xr line, which is a cool bike in its own right, but it doesn't have the sportbike image that the 19-29 demographic usually buys in the jap big 4.

If they can sell a bike that appeals to the cool boy sportbike crowd, that has the image of a gixxer then they would break into the sport bike market. We can all agree that buells were pretty good bikes, but they didnt have the cool boy image that a gixxer has, they appealed to folks that were already in the sportbike market and liked a bike that can handle. What it comes down to is that if you create the image then you sell the bike. More people ride to look cool than to enjoy riding.

Anyway HD sells the biker image, not the bikes. (there are exceptions though, what I said is not 100% for everyone)

Last edited by derf; 10-18-2009 at 10:43 PM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:40 PM   #139
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
If HD would bring the blast back then they have a bike that appeals to the female and beginner crowd, but they already have that with the small engine sporty.They dont need a new bike to compete with the sportster, they need a cheap sportster
Old 10-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #140
pdog
Refugee

Moto: Pimped 2005 SV650

Probably the biggest issue with Buell for me personally was their terrible lineup. You had a 500cc crapcycle at the bottom end and then 900/1200cc monsters for everything else. How about a decent middleweight for the SV650 and Monster market?
pdog is offline   Reply With Quote